Le Meridien Angkor(Siem Reap)
$109
$100
  • Breakfast included
Lotus Blanc Resort(Siem Reap)
$54
$105
$35
$31
3,063 results
All reviewscolonial stylekids clubcolonial hotelcolonial feelbreakfast buffettuk tukpool arealovely hotelbeautiful poolturn down servicethe salt water poolan oasisevery eveningpub streetloved this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelrooms are large
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Hi stayed here Dec 2009 - 2 rooms for 2 nights - booked on Wotif and got free dinner one night as part of the hotel's winter specisl (worth as much as one room). Really enjoyable - only a short walk or cheap ride to everywhere - good ambiance, restaurants, etc and the meals were seriously good, interesting reasonably priced wine list, happy hour (even Tattinger at the breakfast table!). Loved the flower decorations, the vintage cars and the baby crocs in the water feature !

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2009

I have to say that this hotel suited me very well. I like the '30s style architecture, making you feel as if you've been transported back in time. The lush wood everywhere and the lounge next to the pool created a unique experience that I had enjoyed.

Pros: Awesome staff that really takes care of you; Great hotel architecture; Good breakfast (buffet that had all the necessary variety, but don't expect a lavish, 5-star huge spread); Great pool (nice size to swim); Nice sized rooms; Good location to temples and town; Check in / out was quick and efficient

Cons: Shower tub was a bit too small; The shower door had an open space so if you didn't set the shower curtain properly, water leaked on the floor; No gym (I know, you get the exercise walking through the temples, but I still like a gym for weights), Tuk tuk driver arranged by the hotel.

This last con kind of spoiled what was turning out to be a great trip. At the end of each day, I had paid the tuk tuk driver for driving me around the temples (he wasn't a guide but just a driver). The rate the hotel arranged was $18 but I gave him $25 to include a nice tip - almost a 40% tip, which when I worked for tips as a waiter, is pretty good.
On the last day he hassled me for more money and kind of got bitter, angry and a little nasty. I just gave him another 40% tip and just walked away.

Overall, the trip to the hotel and Siep Reap was a good one. Three days is enough to see the temples and relax a bit.
If you're going any longer, you should try to volunteer your time to a local orphanage or charity like COFCO. A rewarding experience that you can feel good about in a country that trying to get back on it's feet.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank GoBears007
hannostamm, General Manager at Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2009

Dear GoBears007,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments; it is feedback from our guests that helps us to improve our services.

I am particularly pleased that you pointed out the problems you had with the Tuk-tuk driver. We work closely with a number of Tuk-tuk drivers and those that we do work with all promised to adhere to certain standards, including to refrain from soliciting tips or payments above the agreed-upon prize.

Your tip was more than generous and I can understand how an experience like this leaves a sour taste.

I will have a meeting with all our regular Tuk-tuk drivers before the end of this week to remind them of the sort of behavior and attitude expected. I also do know who your Tuk-tuk driver was and he has already been informed that if there are any more negative comments about him he will no longer be welcome to drive our guests.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Hanno

Reviewed December 8, 2009

This is one of those gems you rarely find while traveling. The staff was friendly and seemd to anticipate our every need. Beautiful pool. Great breakfast and great restaurants. We felt pampered and as though the staff really cared about us. Whatever we needed was given to us easily. They also spoke very good English, which made our stay so easy.

Cambodia is such a poor country, and it's wonderful to see this hotel doing what it can for visitors. This is true colonial elegance is a very interesting country.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2009

As we were on a flying visit and unfamiliar with the area, we took the precaution of booking in advance upscale hotels so that we would at least get a night's rest and some relaxation...

Firstly, the good points; the hotel building and atmosphere is fantastic, spacious, relaxing and intimate with great design and lots of attentive staff. Away from the centre of town and closer to the temple/ city complexes the location is good and the concierge and front desk staff excellent.

However - the hotel was apparently nearly full with tour parties when we arrived. The room that we were first given faced inwards but was close to the perimeter of the hotel, and the door overlooked an area used for cooking, washing and the location of various machines outside the hotel... not quiet... but we were there for two nights as there were no alternatives.

When we did move there was a fault with the airconditioning so that once again we didn't get the peace we were after. Sounds a bit precious, but for the money...

Final night we were moved again, this time to an upgraded and perfect room.... Not really the point though.

In short - good room, good stay, so if you have any initial misgivings express them before you settle in, and in this particular hotel look out for the surroundings as the hotel perimeter is very shallow.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sunburners
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We loved this hotel although it is expensive. We used United miles for a few nights, the location, staff, pool and amenities were great.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo