We lucked out and got three nights here for $100/night on Agoda. We stayed during the low season in May/June. The location is between the main market area and Angkor Wat. Just take a short and cheap tuk-tuk ride wherever you want to go unless you want to walk in the heat. There is an excellent pool in the main courtyard, as well as a nice veranda overlooking the pool where you can use their wi-fi and have drinks (high prices unfortunately-- $6-8). The rooms are really clean and nice. They've tried hard to mix a French colonial rubber plantation atmosphere with a super luxury hotel feel. They pulled it off really well and it's a beautiful place to stay. At moments it can seem over the top, as when we checked in and our porter put us in the vintage-style open-air elevator and then hauled our luggage up the stairs as we watched. There were a lot of French guests, and I wondered if they liked this atmosphere and these kind of gestures because it reminded them of the good old days when they had subjugated Indo-China. Still, really an excellent place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, characterized by its typical colonial architecture, features 130 rooms overlooking the salted swimming pool and its tropical garden, or the magnificent Royal Garden. The 10 suites of 73m2 are each one decorated in its proper style. They offer the comfort of a living room, an outside terrace, a king size bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separated shower. The Deluxe Room of 38m2, overlooking the pool, and Superior, with a view on the Royal Garden, can be chosen with a king size or a twin bed. Meeting place for local artists, retreat for diplomats, nature lovers, writers, romantic tourists or nostalgic from a dream time, the Victoria Angkor is an arty and authentic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Angkor Resort And Spa
- Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap