On a short trip to Cambodia we booked this hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Some of the comment we read about the staff being racist is wrong. We had a really good stay and the staff were friendly.
Hotel is very quaint in a typical 1800's fashion. Room was very comfortable with a huge bed. Swimming pool is ideally situated. Service by the poolside is good. I do like the idea that if the sun bed wasn't used for an hour they took the towels away so others could use them, and stopped people hogging them.
Food at the restaurant is fine but mostly European which I didn't really want. The only complaint I have is we asked if there were any other restaurants nearby and got a non committal answer. We only had three night here so had to cram in all the visits into two days and on the last night being so tired we decided to dine at the hotel and then went to the night market. The hotel had not told us there were some really nice restaurants at the night market so we missed out on that.
My advice go to the night market area and sample the local food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, characterized by its typical colonial architecture, features 130 rooms overlooking the salted swimming pool and its tropical garden, or the magnificent Royal Garden. The 10 suites of 73m2 are each one decorated in its proper style. They offer the comfort of a living room, an outside terrace, a king size bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separated shower. The Deluxe Room of 38m2, overlooking the pool, and Superior, with a view on the Royal Garden, can be chosen with a king size or a twin bed. Meeting place for local artists, retreat for diplomats, nature lovers, writers, romantic tourists or nostalgic from a dream time, the Victoria Angkor is an arty and authentic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Angkor Resort And Spa
- Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap