As a tourist you go to Siem Reap for the temples in the first place, and (at least for us) the hotel is secondary. However, while I cannot comment on any alternatives in the town, this hotel does provide luxury, and the building certainly has character including the very old-fashioned typically French-style lifts.
The rooms are large and comfortable with a well-appointed bathroom including a bath-tub. Service was generally attentive and friendly, and particularly for us in the case of the waiting staff when we had an evening meal in the indoors part of the restaurant. This meal was excellent, though not cheap. After the meal we went to the bar where a local dance group was performing traditional dance, and this was very enjoyable.
Breakfast was good and extensive, but don't leave any food you plan to eat at your table while you go for more or you will return to find it gone as the staff are eager to clear away after you!
On our last day we did request a late check-out as we had an early evening flight, but this was not possible as they were fully booked. However, the charming young man on reception happily offered to look after our cases for us and offered us the use of all the hotel facilities and the public areas for the rest of the day.
We had a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, characterized by its typical colonial architecture, features 130 rooms overlooking the salted swimming pool and its tropical garden, or the magnificent Royal Garden. The 10 suites of 73m2 are each one decorated in its proper style. They offer the comfort of a living room, an outside terrace, a king size bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separated shower. The Deluxe Room of 38m2, overlooking the pool, and Superior, with a view on the Royal Garden, can be chosen with a king size or a twin bed. Meeting place for local artists, retreat for diplomats, nature lovers, writers, romantic tourists or nostalgic from a dream time, the Victoria Angkor is an arty and authentic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Angkor Resort And Spa
- Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap