There are so many good things about his hotel it's hard to know where to start. The colonial style building is very gracious (gorgeous tiled floors, lovely sitting areas on every floor, beautiful pool area, immaculate public areas). The buffet breakfast is unbelievably extensive (cereals, eggs, noodle soups, dumplings, fruit, sushi, pastries, bread, fresh juices , cheeses, sliced meats, etc etc). I don’t think I have seen such a range at any hotel before.
The location is great. A little away from the old part of town (2-3 minutes by tuk tuk), opposite the royal gardens and near the road to Angkor Wat. We hired bikes from the hotel and cycled out to Angkor Wat and some of the closer temples. The staff are, without exception, helpful, friendly and efficient.
And perhaps the best indication of a good hotel is how they respond when something goes wrong. On our first night the air-conditioning was not working in our room. By 10pm the room was stuffy and warm. Within 3 minutes of advising reception, a young man arrived to check the A/C controls and advised he’s need to check the A/C unit. Five minutes later, another staff member advised that they had found the problem and were rectifying it, but it would take about 25 minutes before the air-conditioning was working properly. Sure enough, within 15-20 minutes, the system was working properly and we got a good night’s sleep. We returned after four days to stay one more night and discovered that the whole air-conditioning system in our wing was being upgraded
I can’t think of a better place to stay in Siem Reap and would return in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, characterized by its typical colonial architecture, features 130 rooms overlooking the salted swimming pool and its tropical garden, or the magnificent Royal Garden. The 10 suites of 73m2 are each one decorated in its proper style. They offer the comfort of a living room, an outside terrace, a king size bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separated shower. The Deluxe Room of 38m2, overlooking the pool, and Superior, with a view on the Royal Garden, can be chosen with a king size or a twin bed. Meeting place for local artists, retreat for diplomats, nature lovers, writers, romantic tourists or nostalgic from a dream time, the Victoria Angkor is an arty and authentic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splitty, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, Fastbooking, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Angkor Resort And Spa
- Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap