“Perfect jump off point”

Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #52 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed here for three nights during CNY as we hit all of the temples. Just 10 minutes away from Angkor Wat and a short tuk tuk ride from Pub Street this is well located. Rooms are generous with comfortable beds, breakfast is about what you would expect from a nice international hotel but the real charm is the overall feel of the hotel. The layout is open and airy, the pool is perfect for an afternoon dip after a hard morning of touring, and the staff is very welcoming. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay when enjoying Siem Reap.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Jerry S
hannostamm, General Manager at Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Jerry S,

I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your holidays and that you had a good trip back.

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write your review and I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again should you ever make it to Siem Reap again.

Dear Jenny R,

Thank you very much for your review of our Victoria Angkor; you obviously had a great stay and I do hope that you will stay with us again should you visit Angkor Wat again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Everything was just perfect - the breakfast the best we ever had on a hotel and we travel a lot
Really really good
you can feel the hire the best and everybody do a great effort to make everything nice for you

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael B

Dear Michael B,

Thank you very much for your review and your very generous comments; I shall be happy to pass those on to my Chef.

I am adding a live Smoothie station to the breakfast buffet; I do hope you will give it a try if you make it to Siem Reap again.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel was very welcoming when we arrived after a long coach journey from the Mekong. Our luggage was delivered efficiently to the room. Our room was at the front of the hotel, but noise was not an issue. The beds were comfortable. The shower was good and the toiletries delightful. Large bottles of water were provided at no cost. The pillow gifts each night were unusual e.g. peppercorns, and made a change from the usual chocolates. The French restaurant, Le Bistrot, was a delight. The staff were young but well-trained and welcoming. The food was excellent, we had the boeuf bourgignoine and the scallops. Food was also good in L'Escale both at dinner and for the breakfast buffet. The latter gave a very wide choice, including eggs and pancakes to order. Did have a couple of niggles though. The stairs were of dark wood and not well lit, not easy for those with varifocals and quite a lot of the guests when we were there were not young. more serious is the issues of the room key cards having the number of the room on them. A worry if you lost one when out of the hotel as anyone finding it could go to the hotel and gain admittance to the room. The reception staff didn't seem to understand this when raised with them. The garden was advertised as an attraction, but not really a garden. I should imagine that visiting children would love the fish and the crocodiles.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OldieEastMidlands

Dear OldieEastMidlands,

I would like to thank you very much, both for staying with us at the Victoria Angkor as well as for your very extensive review.

From your comments I gather that you had a great stay overall and it will be a pleasure to pass on your comments to the Chef and staff concerned.

As for the "niggles":

I stay in the hotel myself an.d never found the stairs very dark However, I will follow up with the engineering department to make sure that the timers do not switch on or off at the wrong times.

We put the room numbers on the keycards as many guests have asked for that. Many of our customers are on a lengthy trip and often cannot remember what their room number is. In other hotels, they keycard comes in a little wallet that usually has the number written on it, too so I guess that would make it just as risky. The good news is that Siem Reap is very safe and int he 10 years we have been open, we have never had an issue. Nevertheless, I have asked Front Office staff to stop putting the numbers and am waiting to hear what feedback we get.

Once again, thank you very much and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again should you come to Siem Reap in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The staff in this hotel were the most helpful and friendly I have ever come across. Nothing was too much trouble.
The choice in the breakfast buffet was wonderful - whatever nationality would have their requirements met.
The little gifts left on your pillow at night were unusual - not the usual chocs!!
It is the first hotel I have stayed in where there were Crocodiles kept in the reception area!!
Also an old colonial style lift.
The food was good - the room was comfortable and clean - a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jennygray

Dear jennygray,

Thank you very much for your review of the Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa.

From your comments I gather that you had a pleasant stay and I do hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel looks good in the reviews but reality is a bit different. No table available on the terrace for breakfast, no loungers available by the pool, the view from the room is just a tree and the shower is a hose in the bath.
However, the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Overall I was expecting better.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank rivierasteve
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Six of us (3 couples) had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful property for 3 nights. What a wonderful hotel this is, truly a hidden gem. If you like small hotels/resorts with a personal touch, this place is for you.
Right from the time we checked in and to the time we checked out, this place was a delight. The rooms are furnished in colonial style. Our room overlooked the swimming pool. The pool area is beautiful, surrounded by mature trees and flower plants. It was wonderful to take a dip in the pool after a long day of sightseeing. Enough lounge chairs and towels around the pool at all times and easy access to the poolside bar.
Watching the dance performance in the evening was lovely as we sat out nursing cold beers. We found the buffet breakfast to be very satisfying. It was really enjoyable to sit at a table outdoors, overlooking the pool. The mobile egg station is a real nice touch. You can order your eggs the way you want them and it is done table side! The servers were outstanding, always smiling and ready to please.
We did not use the spa. However I am certain they would have provided the same level of high level service as was in evidence around all areas of the hotel. Location wise we found it to be perfectly located - a short tuk tuk ride away from the centre of the town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank curiousrover
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My sister and I spent 19 days traveling Southeast Asia and we stayed at some really nice hotels along our trip but Victoria Angkor Resort and Spa was the best! Not only was the hotel beautifully decorated but the staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. It was centrally located, their restaurant had great food at great prices if you did not want to go out to eat. Their happy hours was a deal with a free show and a beautiful view of the gardens and pool. I am a swimmer and their pool was so nice to be in. My sister was so impressed that she wanted to retire to this hotel!

Room Tip: My room was selected by my tour company but perfect for me with wifi, a pod coffee maker, bathtub an...