This hotel was very welcoming when we arrived after a long coach journey from the Mekong. Our luggage was delivered efficiently to the room. Our room was at the front of the hotel, but noise was not an issue. The beds were comfortable. The shower was good and the toiletries delightful. Large bottles of water were provided at no cost. The pillow gifts each night were unusual e.g. peppercorns, and made a change from the usual chocolates. The French restaurant, Le Bistrot, was a delight. The staff were young but well-trained and welcoming. The food was excellent, we had the boeuf bourgignoine and the scallops. Food was also good in L'Escale both at dinner and for the breakfast buffet. The latter gave a very wide choice, including eggs and pancakes to order. Did have a couple of niggles though. The stairs were of dark wood and not well lit, not easy for those with varifocals and quite a lot of the guests when we were there were not young. more serious is the issues of the room key cards having the number of the room on them. A worry if you lost one when out of the hotel as anyone finding it could go to the hotel and gain admittance to the room. The reception staff didn't seem to understand this when raised with them. The garden was advertised as an attraction, but not really a garden. I should imagine that visiting children would love the fish and the crocodiles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, characterized by its typical colonial architecture, features 130 rooms overlooking the salted swimming pool and its tropical garden, or the magnificent Royal Garden. The 10 suites of 73m2 are each one decorated in its proper style. They offer the comfort of a living room, an outside terrace, a king size bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separated shower. The Deluxe Room of 38m2, overlooking the pool, and Superior, with a view on the Royal Garden, can be chosen with a king size or a twin bed. Meeting place for local artists, retreat for diplomats, nature lovers, writers, romantic tourists or nostalgic from a dream time, the Victoria Angkor is an arty and authentic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Angkor Resort And Spa
- Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap