“beautiful colonial hotel”

Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #55 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed July 31, 2013

such a beautiful hotel. lots of colonial features and a fantastic swimming pool. the hotel is about a 10 minute walk before you hit the markets and the old town. we only had breakfast in the hotel which was amazing. buffet style and a huge variety of foods and drinks including champagne! we only had breakfast in the hotel as we couldnt justify the super inflated prices when a meal in a lovely local restaurant would only set yo back a cople of pounds however the menues we saw did describe delicious foods.
again we didnt use the spa as agin the prices were just too expensive when a massage was so much cheaper just outside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
hannostamm, General Manager at Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Debbie N,

Thank you very much for your kind review; I am glad that you had a great stay.

I do agree that our restaurant and Spa cannot compete with the prices in town. However, in all fairness I have to point out that we did invest a lot more in the infrastructure and, unlike most locally run places do actually pay taxes and decent salaries.

Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope I can convince you to try one of our restaurants should you ever come back to Siem Reap.

Safe travels,

Hanno Stamm

Write a ReviewReviews (2,837)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

It is quite rare that I would rate a hotel as highly as I am am the Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, then again is is very rare I have any negative comments about an hotel.
The Victoria Angkor hotel is conveniently located in near shopping, nightly entertainment and of course a short trip to Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom. It is a nicely decorated colonial styled hotel with an extremely friendly and helpful staff; the price for staying here is very reasonable.
The hotel staff can assist you in arranging transportation (via taxi or tuk tuk) to see the sights around Siem Reap. On arrival or departure arrange to have the hotel pick you up at the airport in one of their three vintage Citroen sedans... going to airport in a 1931 classic vehicle brings you all kinds of attention! (its well worth the $45 fee).

Room Tip: I highly recommend this hotel; it's beautiful and very well staffed and maintained. Worth every...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
hannostamm, General Manager at Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear TravlinEngMgr,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Victoria Angkor and for taking the time to write your review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and the ride in one of our vintage Citroens. I do hope that I will be able to welcome you once mnore should you visit Siem Reap again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

the Hotel is in a good location at the center of Siem Riep - easy to reach all Angkor sites via tchuk chuck.
What is great about this hotel is the swimming pool great set-up- absolutely stunning with amazing service like cocktail and the atmosphere...
the room are excellent as well but that is not what you will remember....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank smauc

Dear smauc,

Thank you very much for your review; I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do agree in all modesty: our saltwater pool is indeed very nice; certainly one of the nicer ones in Siem Reap.

I do hope to see you at our resort again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Was it the silent efficiency of service or the friendly guidance by their staff? The cosy atmosphere? The old-fashioned touch? Anyway, took me just a few seconds to fall in love with this place. Just stayed for a few days following a business trip and got deeply relaxed within a few hours. I took a ride with one of their beautiful 1920s Citroën cars and felt like the first car-owner in town. I loved the little somethings like the warm ginger tea waiting for me on arrival or the fresh flowers or the small pepper bag coming with a story. In all that bigger-better-faster world of tourism (never mind, I'm one of them) this is a place bringing hospitality to its very essence: service, quality and style. Go elsewhere if you need 5 pools and a shark basin. Come here if you wish to give yourself a treat.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear KlausHenkel,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa and thank you very much indeed for your detailed, and very kind, review.

It shall be a pleasure to share your comments with my colleagues; I do believe the staff play a very large role in setting us apart from many other hotels.

I do hope that you will visit Siem Reap again and that I will have the pleasure to welcome you once more.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 3 have just spent 5 nights here in a superior room 115. Very comfortable and excellent food / canapes at all times. Service on occassions lapses when the hotel becomes busier and tour groups turn up..... a load of aussi's arrived and the volume also went up considerably!!! Very funny! On the whole this is a lovely hotel, very good location for a $2 tuk tuk to pub street, and a wealth of restaurants but walking is easy too. We paid $12 a day for a tuk tuk to take us around ankor ...... original prices started at $30 a day!!!!! Swimmingpool lovely after a day of 'temple-ing'.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear TastefulLady_12,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write your review of the Victoria Angkor.

Whilst you and your family obviously enjoyed your stay, I do apologize if you were inconvenienced by the group and the ensuing lapses in service. I would not consider ourselves a group hotel but of course we need to fill the rooms.

You make a good point about the Tuk-tuks; negotiating is a must. For future visitors: we do have a list at the front desk with recommended Tuk-tuk fares to the different attractions.

Once again, thank you for your review and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you on future visits.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family of two adults and two children(teenager and tweenager) stayed here for seven nights recently. We took advantage of the off peak prices and booked two, adjoining pool facing rooms.
We loved this hotel, with beautiful balconies on the second floor where we could watch the occassional sunset (wet season), awesome breakfast with champagne and in an ideal location. 10-15 minute walk to Pub Street althought there are many good restaurants along the main street on the way. Opposite the Royal Gardens-close to everything!
The service is wonderful-we especially enjoyed the turndown service with the complimentary gift and story. Fresh flowers delivered daily was a lovely touch. My daughter loved the antique lift and beautiful gardens.Tthe rooms are lovely, beautifully decorated and unique to the area-no glass and chrome here. The pool is lovely especially the bubbly spa in its rainforest setting. The pool boys were very friendly and attentive.
I enjoyed my half hour back massage in the spa-a good pressure after some firm Balinese massages.
There is a Kids Club-my 10 year old daughter and I had a look. Would be suitble for younger children who need a break from temples or for parents who need time out. A large, well equipped room.
Highly recommend this lovely hotel-feels like stepping back in time. Make sure you add an extra day just to enjoy the hotel.

Room Tip: We chose rooms facing the pool looking towards the back of the hotel. Top floor rooms had slightly b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joluvstravel-13
hannostamm, General Manager at Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear lachy10,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write your very generous review.

I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and it would be a real pleasure to welcome you to the Victoria Angkor again should your travels take you to Siem Reap in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently on a three week trip through Indochina. We found this hotel to be the nicest we stayed in. It is centrally located and easy to get to anyplace from here. The hotel staff is very nice and accommodating. The pool is beautiful and a great place to relax after visiting the Angkor complex. The hotel bar is amazing. You can sit outside and overlook the pool or sit in the beautiful bar inside. There are snacks every afternoon and a large happy hour on Fridays. The drinks are beautiful and delicious. We will definitely return here on our next visit!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms overlook the pool!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Christopher R.

Thank you very much for your review and I do look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.