I attended an event at this hotel recently. When I was leaving for the airport I asked the concierge to order a metered taxi for me. Naturally I was in a hurry. Even though Siem Reap has lots of such taxis, the concierge said he didn't know any of their numbers. Instead he suggested that I take a hotel car (presumably at some outrageous price). This was an unusual experience for me, usually when asked hotel staff will order a taxi with such transparent nonsense. It left a bad taste in my mouth.
I have stayed at this hotel and several of the others in this chain on previous occasions, and they are uniformly fabulous. I wish they would get this part right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, characterized by its typical colonial architecture, features 130 rooms overlooking the salted swimming pool and its tropical garden, or the magnificent Royal Garden. The 10 suites of 73m2 are each one decorated in its proper style. They offer the comfort of a living room, an outside terrace, a king size bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separated shower. The Deluxe Room of 38m2, overlooking the pool, and Superior, with a view on the Royal Garden, can be chosen with a king size or a twin bed. Meeting place for local artists, retreat for diplomats, nature lovers, writers, romantic tourists or nostalgic from a dream time, the Victoria Angkor is an arty and authentic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Angkor Resort And Spa
- Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap