Belmond La Residence d'Angkor
$221
$163
$85
$53
Golden Temple Hotel(Siem Reap)
$49
$39
$31
  • Breakfast included
1,539 results
All reviewsla residencemartini barangkor watbeautiful hotelhuge bathtuban oasisthe general managerluxury hotelkhmer styleturn down servicebeautiful poolrooms are spaciouspool siderestaurant stafftuk tukpub streetstayed nights
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have just come home after a wonderful 3-night stay at La Residence d'Angkor. Unlike my previous trip to Siem Reap in October 2013 when I stayed at a different hotel and did a fair amount of sightseeing, this trip was purely to relax and unwind after 2 hectic months in KL. So glad I chose La Residence! Despite it being close to Angkor Wat, restaurants and shops (and on a relatively busy street), a feeling of serenity envelopes you as soon as you walk in: an oasis in the middle of the city! The hotel is big enough to have all the facilities of a large hotel, yet small enough to offer personalized luxury. The decor of the entire hotel is warm and inviting - a welcome change from some of the colder/minimalist designs that some 5* hotels now favour - and my room, a King Garden View room, was spacious and comfortable, even affording me a relatively private balcony. Breakfast at Circle was a delight every morning, with a good selection buffet style (do try their homemade yogurt - its literally to die for!), plus various a la carte dishes to suit all palates. Did not get a chance to have dinner at Circle, but did have lunches at Ember and Martini bar (Ember and Martini share the same menu). I selected local salads and lamb dishes, all fresh and tasty! Highly recommend their spa - an oasis within the oasis - and their pool, set within a lovely courtyard. It's easy to while away an entire day alternating between poolside and spa! Was also impressed with the high level of service at the hotel. Genuinely friendly staff who do their best to make your day a good day (a special thank you to housekeeping for alerting me that I had left my iPhone in the room charger when I was about to check out!). The front desk staff also recommended special restaurants, shops and markets which made my stay even more memorable. La Residence is simply a wonderful place to stay, whether for temple-hopping, business or luxurious R&Rs. it will definitely be my first choice if I travel to Siem Reap again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Excellent hotel with a wonderful location. Just a short walk from shopping and restaurants. We had a beautiful room overlooking the lovely pool. The staff is incredible. The restaurant is good. The menu is a bit limited. Martini bar is quite nice with great photos of Angkor Wat and other Asian sites. Sorry I didn't get to use the spa...but I had a 15 minutes free massage poolside!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were delighted with every aspect of this hotel. Beautifully-designed, new but in relatively "local" decorative style. Seemed smaller than it was in reality....truly "boutique". Lovely pool, great spa services, and generally the lush retreat promised. Rooms well-designed for space and privacy (we were in the back away from the road) and the only minor quibble was a bit-tired bathroom materials. Breakfast buffet was sensational in quality and variety; best we have had on our week so far. Prices for spa and on-site restaurant were, surprisingly, on par with luxury hotels in major cities, which made them relatively high -- but they were good. We could walk to the night markets and local restaurants, so being "across the river" was all benefit and no downside. Service throughout pleasant and good. We heartily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were happy with our second-floor room in back overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

On our journey to Cambodia to see the magnificent Angkor Wat,we stayed at this lovely spot. The staff was ever helpful,the room was large,cool and comfortable,and the bath was just the right size for two.The pool was very refreshing and the food was well presented and tasty...breakfast was especially good. I would surely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reelwoman
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at La Residence with a group, and it was certainly very nice: lush grounds, comfortable rooms, attentive service, but you can find very nice hotels in Siem Reap for a fraction of the cost.

The prices in the restaurants reinforce the image of a hotel for those that insist on paying top prices.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple