“I wish I had a few more days to stay here.”

Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor
Ranked #65 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 4, 2014

What a great place. From the moment I walked in, and registered, i was called by name by many of the staff. I had a great room on the third floor of the original building, and loved its size, its style, and its comfort. If you like tradition and quiet classiness, you will love this place.
I had looked at a couple of other options in Siem Reap, but settled on this property. I am so glad I did. The food, the service, but particularly the staff were outstanding.

Room Tip: Choose to be in the main original building. Very lovely
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience in this historic hotel. I am pleased that you appreciate the serenity and the elegance of the old world of the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor as well as our gastronomic treats of the Royal Cambodian cuisine.

It would definitely be a pleasure to have you back here with us again on a longer holiday.

Once again, thank you very much from our team at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I felt I would like to balance previous reviewers,this hotel certainly has charm if somewhat jaded.
The bathroom has a curtain shower over the bath, which in a 5 star is avoidable.
The bedrooms have high ceilings and old furniture (some may say antique),if You like all mod cons
I would perhaps look elsewhere.There is an air of having seen better days, plus the citronella candles which permeate the corridors can take your breath away.
Service was excellent ,breakfast was also very good, quite a few aussies in the hotel.
If you long for the old empire this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: they call rooms garden view, this actually means overlooking the road and public gardens
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. The Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor is, indeed, known for its impeccable presentation of the old world luxury coupled with excellent service as you have mentioned. I understand that some people would trade in experience and flair with modernity, however, I believe that our hotel provides the right amount of modernity for a historic hotel with utmost attention towards providing comfort and an overall fulfilling experience for our guests.

Thank you very much once again.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Currently staying at this marvellous hotel. Arrived a couple of days ago having spent 3 nights at Raffles Singapore. The rooms , amenities etc are all excellent. However the thing that will amaze you about this hotel is the brilliant staff ,. Chris , the manager, and every member of staff simply cannot do enough to ensure you have a memorable stay.
My wife & I have been fortunate to have travelled to many countries and have stayed in some great hotels - I have never felt compelled to write a review before but felt we should share our thoughts on this hotel . Highly recommend a stay here !

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your compliments to my team which I have passed on, most especially to Mr. Ploak Sarmeith “Chris,” our Assistant Front Office Manager.

I am glad that you are a having a marvelous time with us and I hope that it will be coupled with nothing but great memories to reminisce it with.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again here in Siem Reap or in any of our equally interesting and wonderful destinations in the world.

Once again, thank you very much.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband, daughter and I spent two nights at the Raffles Hotel. It is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in both in terms of a beautiful environment and attentive service. After the chaos of downtown Siem Reap and the temples, the pool was an oasis of peace and serenity. We had a wonderful English speaking guide with a car and driver to tour Angkor Wat and the other temples and the floating villages. We loved Cambodia and hope to return here. We will definitely stay at the Raffles Hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynda R

I am glad that you had found serenity amid the bustle of Siem Reap at the historic Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor, and thank you very much for appreciating the French-colonial charms as well the manicured grounds surrounding this legendary hotel. Most of all, it is a pleasure to receive your compliments on our service and I hope that, overall, you and your family’s stay with us had been a memorable one.

We look forward to your return in the future.

Thank you very much once again.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed for three nights at Raffles Siem Reap and felt like royalty. Had a beautiful suite near the pool, fresh flowers and attentive service. The breakfast buffet was absolutely wonderful. Also had the high tea which did not disappoint in any way. Staff very attentive and polite, ambience of the whole place was like something out of a 20's movie. Gorgeous.

The location is great - very handy to a beautiful park and a short tuktuk ride to anywhere.

Magnificent pool area and garden. Lovely public areas and shopping. Would definitely stay again and very happy to recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a royal retreat at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. I am glad that you had enjoyed your accommodation in one of our plush Cabana Suites by the pool, our famed Afternoon Tea as well as the manicured Royal gardens in front of the hotel.

I hope that it had been a memorable and glamorous experience for you reminiscent of the old world.

Looking forward to welcome you back again for another grand retreat.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The entire stay was incredible. All staff were so lovely and went out of their way to make this stay unforgettable. Thank you so very much, I do hope to come back if I make my way back through Cambodia in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

It is wonderful to hear about your amazing experience in this storied hotel. I hope that you had lasting memories of this experience and, indeed, I hope that you will make your way back to Cambodia and to the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor in the near future.

Looking forward to have you back here again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

An amazing grand old hotel, the staff are very friendly with exceptional service.
They go out of their way to make every moment very enjoyable.
The rooms and amenities are all of a modern era and kept with in the tradition of the French Hotel of the 1920s.
The wine list is one of the best I have seen, with food to match.

I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I am pleased to know that our team at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor had made every moment of your stay an enjoyable one. I am incredibly glad that you had enjoyed every facet of the hotel including the food and beverages, your room and its amenities, and, most importantly, the French colonial ambiance with minimal modern touches.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.