“Best in class service”

Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor
Ranked #70 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We just finished a 5 night stay at the hotel and were blown away. The property was absolutely wonderful and the staff one of the most attentive and pleasant ever. Kudos to Raffles, the management team and staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

It was also wonderful to have served you and we are glad that you had an enjoyable and memorable holiday. We look forward to your next stay at Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor and please inform us of your next stay so we could ensure it would be more memorable.

Christian Sack

Write a ReviewReviews (1,776)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We spent three nights at the Raffles Grand Hotel in Siem Reap in January. It felt like we were transported back in time to an era of old time hotels. Everything from the open air elevator (with operator) to the traditional bar made us feel we were somewhere back in time. Service was impeccable from everyone. Fresh cold towels every time we came in from outside. The rooms were large and kept very clean. The breakfast buffet was very nice and included champagne and custom prepared eggs, pancakes, etc.Every staff member gives the patrons a "wai" or little bow every time you walk by.

Criticisms are minor and include air conditioning that didn't work too well (and it was January!) and the prices in the restaurants seemed a bit higher than they should have been. We ate in a local restaurant outside the hotel for half the cost and equally good, if not better, food. When we called about the AC (at 10 pm) they sent an actual mechanic to try to fix it within minutes of the call. Unfortunately, it didn't help much.

Certainly a very pleasant experience overall and a place I would recommend if you find yourself in Siem Reap to see the spectacular Angkor Wat!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and had enjoyed the old world ambience coupled with warm Cambodian hospitality at Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. I hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to the spectacular temples of Angkor.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I can simply not say enough about how wonderful this hotel was. My father and I stayed here during our trip to Siem Reap and it was just perfect. There was slight confusion upon check in when they upgraded us to a room with a King Sized bed but once we told them that it was a family trip, they immediately fixed it and our room was lovely. I almost felt bad because the staff member was embarrassed but very professional about getting us sorted out.

The welcome drink was indeed VERY welcome and very tasty. The architecture of the building was awe inspiring and my father and I joked about how we could feel our colonial roots showing through. The up keep through out the hotel is just fantastic. Our butler took us on the tour of the hotel and of our room so we knew how to get in touch with anyone in case we needed anything at all. The grounds were gorgeous!

The staff at the Elephant bar really made the experience top notch. The wine tasting and cocktail tasting events were a welcome way to end our busy tour days and relax and the atmosphere was so lovely. The staff were knowledgable and remembered our preferences. The dress code was strange at first but I'm glad there was one and completely understand after trekking around the sites all day.

Being greeted by name at the restaurant was a lovely way to start my day and my personal coffee service was appreciated - I do love my coffee. The mimosas were also great!

I wish I lived there, but for a couple of days, I definitely felt like I did. Christian, you and your team and just the epitome of perfection as far as I'm concerned. I stayed at the Bangkok Four Seasons before I flew back to Canada and frankly, Raffles will always be the gold standard in my mind.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback on your stay with us. Your compliments serve as our reward and rest assured that I will share them with the whole of my team.
I am very glad that we have set the bar for luxury and service for you, but most of all, that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Grand Hotel d'Angkor is a lovely old hotel that has been carefully renovated while keeping the charm of another era. The property is beautifully landscaped, the pool is very attractive, the bars and restaurants are top notch. There are lovely shops, music in the lobby in the afternoon, very nice breakfast buffet, and very pleasant and competent staff. We enjoyed our stay. TIP: You might want to get laundry done here...fabulous! Our clothing came back looking like it had just been purchased!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

It is a pleasure to know that you appreciate the blending of the old world charm with the modern facilities present at Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor, and most importantly, it is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It would be a pleasure to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We arrived here as part of our "Cruisco river trip" up the Meekong and added 2 days to our 2 day stay. Magnificent cannot describe this hotel enough. The pool and it's service were impecible. Champange for breakfast. Close to the city centre and "Pub street'. The Cambodian staff were there to make our stay as comfortable as they could and went all out to make us appreciate them and their lifestyle. The Cambodians everywhere want to ensure you want to come back and they are doing a great job. Loved Raffles loved Cambodia.

Room Tip: They're all good
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mechman48
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

It is a pleasure to know that you had a magnificent time in our hotel and in Cambodia as well, and thank you for appreciating the warm Cambodian hospitality which, indeed, serves as an invitation to return to this wonderful country. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed for three nights and were very impressed by the quality of the room, pool and dining options. The room was well equipped, clean and comfortable. The staff really worked to ensure you had everything you could possibly want, and the food was excellent. We had come across some iffy reviews and comments on the architecture and decor, but these all seem to have been put behind the hotel now.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We value our guest’s comments and make sure to incorporate these comments in improving our facilities and services. I trust that you experienced the comfort, tranquility and the luxury worthy of a Raffles’ stay and I hope that, overall, you had memorable visit to the wonders of Siem Reap. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my third stay in this hotel and I was just as happy as the first time I visited. My boyfriend and I visited for a long weekend mainly to see the temples but wanted to relax as well. From the moment we arrived we were pampered. Our room had a small balconythat overlooked the city square. It was a wonderful spot for coffee and croissants each morning while watching the city come to life. The room was big and the fitting were beautiful. The bathroom was a bit small and the hot water was unreliable, as any old building, but the charm carried us through.

We took out temple walks independently and got our ahead of the tour buses. Leave the hotel at 8am and then come back at noon for lunch by the pool followed by a dip to cool you off!

The bar is a great place to relax prior to dinner- I loved the old fashioned cocktails. I didn't worry about the ice in the drinks at Raffles as we needed to in other restaurants and bars in Siem Reap.

The Tatar was amazing and we will treasure the memories forever.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us again and for your inspiring compliments. It is wonderful to know that you are still captivated by the legendary charms of Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor and rest assured that I will pass on your compliments to the whole of my team. Looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.