We stayed at the Sofitel Royal Angkor for 3 nights in June 2007 after spending 2 nights in Bangkok. The hotel is on the outskirts of the town and is in an ideal location to visit the temples especially Angkor Wat which is just a 5 minute drive away. Our room was in the deluxe wing on the ground floor looking out on to the lagoon which was very pleasant. The room was of a very good size and standard. The pool area is set out well with plenty of beds, although the pool it’s self is not very refreshing due to the temperature of the water. The spa is a must after a day of walking around the many temples with a variety of treatments and massages on offer at reasonable prices. The concierge are very helpful, we arrived late on in the evening and wanted to arrange a trip for the next day but were unable to get hold of our kuoni rep. So we asked the guy’s at the concierge who arranged for us to have our own English speaking guide and private air conditioned car (this is a must) for the next morning at a fraction of the price Kuoni were offering there group trips. This was fantastic as there were no timetables to keep to and could basically go where we wanted. The only down side to the hotel was the food it was very average for a 5 star hotel and several of the restaurants appeared to be closed. This may have been due to it being low season and the hotel being very quiet at this time of year.
If there is only one thing you do while in Siam Reap make sure you get up and go to Angkor wat for sunrise as this is the best time to see the temple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in landscaped gardens on Charles de Gaulle Avenue, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort is the closest Siem Reap hotel to the ruins of Angkor Wat. This unique Siem Reap Cambodia hotel is situated near traditional markets, tourist attractions and the airport. Enjoy the many features of Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, including 238 rooms, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, five food & beverage outlets, the Phokeethra Country Club, and a world class 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Hotel Siem Reap
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- Sofitel Siem Reap
- Siem Reap Sofitel