“Great Location, Generous Service, Lush Landscape”

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort
Ranked #18 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Calabasas, California
“Great Location, Generous Service, Lush Landscape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We arrived in Siem Reap at 2am and our reservation was for that next day. We figured we would drop our bags and head out to Angkor Wat for sunrise. They graciously checked us in to a beautiful and spacious (super clean) lanai room and we were able to nap a few hours before heading out with a tuk tuk ride they arranged. The driver was one of their regulars for hire and he did a great job getting us to AW, arranging our tickets and waiting for us to come out hours later (still don't know how he found us when we exited). The buffet breakfast was sumptuous and the service outstanding. A lovely escape and place to refresh before and after touring.

Room Tip: The lanai rooms facing the lotus pond are great with terrific landscape.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank metravel818
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I must admit it is quite unusual to have a check-in so early morning…but I am delighted to read that you did not miss a second and decided to enjoy the beauties of the temple from the early morning. I saw a beautiful smile on our Chef’s face when I read your comment to all the team this morning. I am pretty sure he will very proudly spread the news to his brigade and to the Food & Beverage team also  I truly hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy the convenient location and delightful service of our Ambassadors in the near future. We will be honored to welcome you back. Fabrice Ducry – General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed with my two young kids and hubby in the junior suite for 3 nights. The room was tidy and clean. The staffs were really friendly and very helpful. The only regret was the swimming pool was under renovation. Thus, closed down for the time being. But the hotel had made effort to arrange alternative swimming pool facility at a nearby hotel. The breakfasts spread can be improvised. For three days, the breakfast spread were almost the same. The hotel environment was very tropical and very calm. Overall we enjoyed our stay in this hotel and will most definitely consider coming back again if we are to visit Siem Reap again.

• Stayed June 2014
I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your getaway in the Kingdom of Wonders and particularly treasured the hotel’s guestroom and grounds. I appreciate your understanding regarding the swimming pool as we were faced with some unforeseen technical issues which lead to closing the pool. I am now confident that we will be able to enjoy a nice swim in our pool by the end of the 1st week of July and therefore hope you and your family will have the pleasure to experience the beauty of our swimming pool next time you visit us. I did not omit your comment regarding the breakfast and will make sure that we review this matter with our Chef and F&B Manager – we are always seeking to improve the quality of our offer. I hope we will welcome you back in the near future. Fabrice Ducry – General Manager.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Sofitel is a lovely property and you will not be disappointed. You will be disappointed by the concierges when trying to plan activities when you are siem reap. They were not helpful and it felt liked they never planned day trips, drivers, tours before

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Steven P
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
I truly feel saddened that you did not go back home with only good memories of your stay in Siem Reap. Our Concierge Team, headed by Mr. Visal, Clefs d’Or Concierge are used to organizing tours and I feel frustrated that you could unfortunately not experience their habitual knowledge, passion for excellence and attention to detail. I however, take the fact that you still have the desire to write that you enjoyed the hotel’s ground and facilities, even 5 months after your stay with us, as a compliment. I really hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back and show you that your disappointment was only an unfortunate “one time mistake”. Kind Regards. Fabrice DUCRY – General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We checked into a suite at Sofitel Siem Reap at the end of May 2014. The expansive swimming pool area was shut and had been converted into a construction site. The sound of drilling permeated through the air. We promptly checked out the same day we checked in. I saw another family do the same as us. Frankly, the fact that the hotel had been converted into a construction site ought to have been disclosed before we travelled. In any event, assuming the facts in this post are true, how is it possible that the hotel has received all these effusively positive reviews in the past few weeks? I don't get it.

Oh, and before I forget, the fountain in the middle of the hotel complex was switched off, as was the air-conditioning in the corridors leading to our room. The place looked dead. Maybe the place is good in high season. I don't know.

Room Tip: Keep away from the construction drilling.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
12 Thank MPW370
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
It is never pleasant to read such feedbacks and though we are doing everything possible to minimize the disturbance, particularly in the guest rooms and suite allocation, taking advantage of the 6 acres of gardens and lakes to ensure that none of our guests would have to hear or even see the current repairs done in our pool. I thought also important to highlight that very unfortunate technical issue obliged us to close quite suddenly the pool for fixing leakages. After realizing the importance of the damages, more substantial works had to be carried out. We have however, made all the arrangements to ensure that a comfortable swimming pool, close by the hotel is available for swimming during our guests stay. On a different note, I acknowledge that the hotel has some strong eco-friendly values and believes in saving energy in order to save the planet, however, never in a way that would affect the comfort of our guests. I will certainly investigate with my teams, and seek the source of the issue… On a positive note, I am pleased to share with you that our pool will re-open before the second week of July! I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, being able this time to fully demonstrate the beauty and serenity of our property. Fabrice DUCRY – General Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

As my title says, this was the very best hotel I ever stayed at. This is not only hotel, but an amazing resort. I was so impressed by the services it offers, but most importantly, it was the staff that WOW'd me. The staff knew us by name and seemed very sincere to make sure our visit was meeting our expectations. No matter where we were on the property a staff member would always greet is with a smile.

The food at the hotel was fantastic and prices inexpensive based on US pricing.

The resort had a tropical atmosphere. Lots public space both in and outside the hotel. I could of spent my entire day around the poor area. The hotel is located closest to the temple complex. About a 10 minute tuk tuk ride. However, it's slightly outside the city center of Siem Reap. You can get there by walking for about 25 minutes or a 10 minute tuk tuk ride.

I was so impressed by my experience that I wrote the General Manager a letter of praise.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FlyAaron
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
A BIG thank you again for taking the time to share your stay with us in Siem Reap. I did, indeed read your letter to all my head of departments when I received it and the letter was later posted on the internal bulletin board for all to see… and trust me, such kind message was received with a great deal of enthusiasm! Your perseverance of reviewing your stay and sharing this with other future travelers goes straight to my heart and motivates even more all the “Ambassadors” of the hotel. I could not agree more with you - this swimming pool is a little piece of paradise… I hope we will remain in your top hotel list for a long time and please do not hesitate to come and visit us again! Fabrice Ducry - General Manager
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at a Sofitel in Greece last year and were pleasantly surprised. We travel a lot, and have worked all over the world, so we have been fortunate enough to enjoy some first class hotels, especially with the Oberoi Group, the Hyatt group, and also places like the Lake Palace Hotel. After our first Sofitel experience, we decided to visit this one and we were not disappointed. From the time we walked in the door we were cosseted, and within ten minutes the duty manager Andrew came to introduce himself. Our room was simply delightful and well appointed with a lovely view of the garden and flamboyant trees. As it was a special anniversary holiday we were also given some good wine, flowers and even a cake too. The staff knew our names, and they quickly learnt what we wanted at the sumptuous breakfasts and by the third day they knew to bring us cranberry juice and capo chinos as we sat down! We ate in all the restaurants and we were served delicious food beautifully presented. At breakfast the chef made the best omelettes - damp in the middle and not too dry, and the homemade yoghurt were mouth watering. This hotel is well placed for Angkor Wat and situated in beautiful gardens. Rarely have we encountered such service. We have now joined the Accor Club card scheme and are to stay in the Sofitel Metropole Hanoi next.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake and garden.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reports
It is not only a pleasure for me, Andrew and the Team to read such feedback… I am sure that Trip Advisor readers or even Sofitel corporate office will wonder when reading your lines, if I did not bribe you to write all these nice things! :)... Jokes aside, I am delighted that our attention to details during your “Romantic” week-end did not go unnoticed… I am proud we can now count you as a faithful Sofitel Ambassador throughout the world :) I will certainly post your comment on our Service notice board so that all my “Ambassadors” can realize how every little details count to turn a Guest into a “Loyal Guest”. Our Executive Chefs Dominik and his culinary Team will be thrilled when reading that you have enjoyed his cooking. Please keep in touch on our Facebook or let us know if and when you plan to come back! Fabrice Ducry – General Manager
Yorktown Heights, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We loved this hotel! Its setting was a garden paradise with a welcoming pool. The hospitality afforded us was impeccable. Breakfast buffet included all manner of food to satisfy a variety of tastes among guests.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your experience with us. Our Executive Chef Dominik, was particularly happy to hear that you had enjoyed his cooking! Should you be coming back to Siem Reap… there are many new specialties that the culinary team has prepared… We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again :) Fabrice Ducry - General Manager