We checked into a suite at Sofitel Siem Reap at the end of May 2014. The expansive swimming pool area was shut and had been converted into a construction site. The sound of drilling permeated through the air. We promptly checked out the same day we checked in. I saw another family do the same as us. Frankly, the fact that the hotel had been converted into a construction site ought to have been disclosed before we travelled. In any event, assuming the facts in this post are true, how is it possible that the hotel has received all these effusively positive reviews in the past few weeks? I don't get it.
Oh, and before I forget, the fountain in the middle of the hotel complex was switched off, as was the air-conditioning in the corridors leading to our room. The place looked dead. Maybe the place is good in high season. I don't know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in landscaped gardens on Charles de Gaulle Avenue, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort is the closest Siem Reap hotel to the ruins of Angkor Wat. This unique Siem Reap Cambodia hotel is situated near traditional markets, tourist attractions and the airport. Enjoy the many features of Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, including 238 rooms, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, five food & beverage outlets, the Phokeethra Country Club, and a world class 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Hotel Siem Reap
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- Sofitel Siem Reap
- Siem Reap Sofitel