“Amazing stay in a fantastic resort”

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort
Ranked #26 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Like most other reviewers on here, I cannot fault this hotel. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, we absolutely loved this resort. The quality of the customer service is first class, my wife was sick during part of our stay and every time we walked into reception they asked how she was. The bars and restaurant are also great and our room was brilliant (we stayed in the Junior Suite). It's around 5-7 minutes into the middle of Siem Reap but it's a great tuk tuk ride and only costs $2. Would highly recommend and if we ever visit Cambodia again will definitely stay at this resort - 5 stars.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

What a wonderful review ! I am really pleased and quite touched by your warm words. We do strive to let all our guests feel like at ‘home away from home’, but it is very rewarding when reading message such as yours..
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Fabrice Ducry - General Manager

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Traveled with a tour group that consistently books first rate hotels. This was no exception! The grounds are lavish and pleasantly laid out. Large pool, spa and workout room. Rooms are clean and spacious with fine French toiletries in the bathroom. Service was impeccable. There were always plenty of pleasant and helpful staff available. When an English language newspaper was not readily available in the lounge, it took just a look and we were provided one in minutes. We were able to get cash from our US debit card from the front desk with no problem- they even gave us plenty of small bills (a must in Cambodia) without asking. The in room free WiFi (a must!) was fast and easy to connect to. Breakfast buffet had a large selection of both Eastern and Western foods that were both fresh and flavorful! Perfect location for Angkor Wat complex as well as close proximity to town. Like I said, what's not to like?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we can now count on you as part of our “Ambassadors” around the world. The whole team and I, sincerely hope that we may have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon for another enjoyable stay in Siem Reap! Fabrice Ducry - General Manager

Reviewed April 18, 2014

If you only did one thing in Seam Reap which folks visit to see the Ankor temple complex, you could just stay at this hotel which is visually spectacular with beautifully created grounds. The hotel is very comfortable with excellent wifi, great rooms, decent food - although it caters to tour groups with variable buffets, a good fitness center and spa services. There is a golf course a ways from the hotel but it is a long way to bring your clubs. The area is always hot so a dip in the pool is recommended.

1  Thank waterlogged65

Thank you for having chosen Sofitel for your stay in Siem Reap and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We are indeed pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us, from the spectacular garden to the facilities & service provided. In case you would be coming next time or for any other golf lovers reading this message, I am pleased to let you know that we have a fantastic range of Honma and Srixon golf clubs for rental… we even have a selection of golf shoes as well  … so I hope that next time, you will have a chance to experience our amazing Championship Golf course! Hope to see you soon… Fabrice Ducry - General Manager

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Wonderful hotel - an oasis in the heat of March in Cambodia. Attentive, professional and charming staff where nothing is too much trouble. Perfect location for exploring Angkor Wat and the temples, great nightlife and restaurants just a short tuk tuk ride away. Toured Siem Reap using a local company morning and late afternoon spending a couple of hours a the pool each day over lunch. Lovely bar with a great cocktail menu!

Room Tip: All rooms beautifully located.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Bonjour, I have just been looking back at our previous comments and just realized that I never replied to your message. I apologize for this delay but would like to thank you for your valuable comment – it will certainly encourage all the Ambassadors of the hotel to strive to excellence. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future. Fabrice Ducry – General Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We originally booked this accommodation based on past experiences at other Sofitel resorts, value for money and also it's convenient location to the temples. We stayed in this resort for 3 nights using their honeymoon offer and I have to say we were utterly amazed and pleasantly surprised by everything this hotel has to offer.

We could go on and on about how wonderful our 3 day stay was but here are a couple of points why we loved every minute and didn't want to leave... the warm and efficient check in, cool towels and welcome drink, lotus flower bouquet and braclet, the rose petal decorated room, complimentary spa treatments and cocktails, the gifts left in our room, "old school" nightly turn down service, the farewell note left in our room and the traditional Khmer scarf each.

So many lovely touches that ensured we will never forget our stay!

Nothing was ever a bother and all service provided with a smile. We walked in unassuming and left feeling like we were royalty. We can't wait to return for so many reasons. Keep up the amazing old fashioned service in a modern setting! Thank you again for making us feel so special.

1  Thank SnE14
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Reviewed April 14, 2014

As part of the Seven Seas Voyager land package, we stayed at this wonderful hotel for 2 nights. The staff were so warm, welcoming, friendly and professional they made our stay even better. The room was well appointed and the housekeeping staff were great. My only negative comment is with the air conditioning. The thermostat was set for 27 degrees Celsius? Why? It was 38C outside and now hot inside too. I adjusted the stat. to 20C but the night turn-down service put it back up to 27C. Why? To keep the room comfortable I kept the drapes closed with an accompanying note to staff to keep them closed. A noted on top of the thermostat did the trick there, but why was it necessary? This one issue did not deter us from enjoying our stay here. That said, all other parts of the hotel were beautifully maintained and well appointed.
Again, the staff made our stay memorable.

Room Tip: All rooms were well appointed. To keep the heat out of the rooms closing the drapes is a must.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I earned a free night stay by utilizing my Accors point accumulated from my >30 days stay in various location (Sydney, Bangkok, Hue and Kuala Lumpur).

I checked in the hotel very early in the morning, at 6:00am where supposed to check-in at 2pm. I highly appreciate that as this provide me a proper place for rest. The hotel even offer me a late check-out until 2pm.

Check-in was fast, it took me maybe less than 5 minutes. No welcome drink but I still happy because I was allowed to check-in early.

Compare to my other reviews in tripadvisor, I have very few to comment on this hotel, it just because everything is very nice there. I like the big lotus pond, I like the quite corners where I can read a book. My favourite place is the corner at the entrance of Mouhout's dream. I also enjoyed the FREE Apsara dance at Citadel.

I had my dinner at Mouhout's dream. It is a very beautiful place. Free champagnes were served. My husband and I like the steak, but to be very frank, we do not like the khmer set dinner served in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony is good. Facing to the pool or garden maybe more quite.
3  Thank datin_tan

Thank you very much for taking the time to write few reviews of your recent stay here at the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra. I am very happy to see that you had such a “Magnifique” time when staying with us. Please let us know should you be coming back our way… The Chef would be delighted to make you taste some of his other local specialties  I look forward to welcoming you back! Fabrice Ducry – General Manager