Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort
Ranked #27 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I earned a free night stay by utilizing my Accors point accumulated from my >30 days stay in various location (Sydney, Bangkok, Hue and Kuala Lumpur).

I checked in the hotel very early in the morning, at 6:00am where supposed to check-in at 2pm. I highly appreciate that as this provide me a proper place for rest. The hotel even offer me a late check-out until 2pm.

Check-in was fast, it took me maybe less than 5 minutes. No welcome drink but I still happy because I was allowed to check-in early.

Compare to my other reviews in tripadvisor, I have very few to comment on this hotel, it just because everything is very nice there. I like the big lotus pond, I like the quite corners where I can read a book. My favourite place is the corner at the entrance of Mouhout's dream. I also enjoyed the FREE Apsara dance at Citadel.

I had my dinner at Mouhout's dream. It is a very beautiful place. Free champagnes were served. My husband and I like the steak, but to be very frank, we do not like the khmer set dinner served in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony is good. Facing to the pool or garden maybe more quite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank datin_tan
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write few reviews of your recent stay here at the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra. I am very happy to see that you had such a “Magnifique” time when staying with us. Please let us know should you be coming back our way… The Chef would be delighted to make you taste some of his other local specialties  I look forward to welcoming you back! Fabrice Ducry – General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,605)

Reviewed April 10, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Reviewed April 10, 2014

You just KNOW you're in for a nice stay when you arrive hot and sweaty and the hotel staff immediately hands you a tall glass of ice-cold lemon grass tea. This hotel is vast, but the walks from lobby to restaurant to rooms are beautiful, like walking in a tropical paradise. It is very close to Angkor Wat.

Just as we were leaving (fortunately!) a very large loud group of smoking tourists arrived, smoking in the hallways, smoking in their rooms with the doors open, smoking everywhere. Although I absolutely LOVED this hotel, I think my opinion would have been quite different if I had to put up with cigarette smoke every where. I think it would be perfectly appropriate to make this a non-smoking hotel, but then what do I know of hotel management?
Nevertheless, I DO recommend this hotel. Absolutely.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for your message. All the team of the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra strive to deliver a true authentic yet luxury experience to our guests and I am happy you have enjoyed our resort. I have taken good note about your comments on our smoking guests. As a non-smoker myself, you can be sure that we have already considerably limited the smoking areas within the hotel for the health of everyone and to comply to international norms. The bar became a non-smoking area a few months ago. I will review with our Housekeeping team to ensure that the nonsmoking floors of the hotel and being well respected by our residents. We hope that you will have the opportunity to come back to visit us in the kingdom of wonders.. until then, We wish you a Happy Khmer New Year!– Fabrice Ducry – General Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very good location, just take a tuktuk and it won't take you more than 20mins to Angkor Wat, downtown…etc. However, when you step inside the resort, you cannot remember the main road is just in front of the entrance, it is totally another atmosphere! Not fancy but very peaceful and nature. The staffs are extremely nice, friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Greetings from Siem Reap, Cambodia!
We thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you appreciated the central location of our hotel. All the staff is truly delighted to read such a “Magnifique” review. That you were overly pleased by everything means a lot to us! Thank you for being so generous with your comments towards the team. Hope to see you back soon… Fabrice Ducry – General Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a AMA Waterways land and river cruise tour. As noted, it is a bit away from city center, but it is set back off the main road and it is closer to the Angkor ruins. It is so beautiful and the food is excellent. Downtown it just a short tuk-tuk ride away. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Greetings from Angkor Cambodia!
I was so thrilled to read your lovely review following your stay with us in Siem Reap recently. The entire team is delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and we all hope to have once again the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Once again, a big thank you from all of us for taking time to write about us! Wishing you a HAPY KHMER NEW YEAR! Fabrice Ducry – General Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Spent 3 nights and wished it could have been longer. Beautiful resort with super friendly staff. Great luxurious room and beautiful pool and grounds. Great convenient location. Good restaurants especially breakfast at Citadel and good entertainment. Very peaceful and serene atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I thank you for such excellent a feedback! We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests. It is therefore a great satisfaction for us to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us. Unfortunately we too often read or hear “wished we would have stayed longer… hopefully your comments will make future guest realize that Siem Reap is more than just a “Temple visit”… We look forward to welcoming you back in our magnifique property. – Fabrice Ducry – General Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Compared to other hotels it is bit away from Center and Pub Street but worth the luxury you get.
Very nice and friendly staff. They greet and treat you like a V.V.I.P.
Well decorated, spacious and clean rooms.
Breakfast was great and dinner was a memory.
I would definately return to this location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Siem Reap and for taking the time to share your very positive experience. Trip Advisor in a key tool for future guest to select their hotel wisely and thanks to people like you, readers will hopefully be tempted to choose us 
On behalf of all the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Team I thank you again… and wish you a HAPPY KHMER NEW YEAR! Kind regards, - Fabrice Ducry – General Manager