Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort
$36
$66
$43
$53
Golden Temple Hotel(Siem Reap)
$47
$45
Agoda.com
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
$89
$197
$157
$118
3,791 results
All reviewsswim up barbeautiful hoteltuk tukmain restaurantjunior suitebreakfast buffetan oasislarge poolthe general managergreat pooltour guidewelcome drinkafter a long dayphnom penhpub streetpascalaccor
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The service was wonderful, from our room attendant to the restaurant staff to the manager. We had quite a few meals at the restaurant as we had an accor advantage plus card which made it quite reasonable. The food was delicious and the wait staff were friendly, polite and remembered our names when we visited the restaurant. Our room attendant was meticulous about making sure everything was to our satisfaction. The little gifts left in our room were also a real surprise.The manager greeted us and farewelled us and when we commented on how much we enjoyed the DVD on Angkor Wat which was on loop to our room, he gave us souvenir copies. The hotel was very helpful in organising a guide to the temples for us. They also organised tuk tuks for us to go wherever we liked as the hotel is a little way from the town centre. These were very cheap. Overall a very memorable stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happytravellers231
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing you experience at the Sofitel Angkor on TripAdvisor. It is so rewarding to read comments such as yours. We strongly believe it is the small details that make a hotel stay truly “Magnfique”, I am happy that we managed to perfect those during your visit. I do hope your surprise gifts and Angkor Wat DVD will help you to keep us in mind and heart until the day you return to us. – Fabrice Ducry General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This resort was a delightful place to spend our 3 days in Siem Reap, and we only regret we did not have more time to just hang out at the magnificent pool (or to enjoy the swim up bar). In an ideal world, we would have allowed a few hours in the afternoon to just enjoy being on site. At least we had time to enjoy their magnificent buffets, the beautiful grounds, and the warmth of the people. The staff was uniformly gracious and helpful. On our wing there was one quite small elevator, so some patience may be required. But we loved our time at the Sofitel.

Room Tip: Check out the size of the elevators in the wing you'll be in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Sofitel Angkor. It is truly is great to receive all you positive feedback and to understand you had such an enjoyable experience. You do also mention the by far most common complaint we get from our guests: That they wish they could stay longer J I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back one day for a longer visit – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I travel a lot for both business and personal purposes and I am used to the quality of service of Asiatic 5* hotels....but this one is absolutely outstanding!
Everybody in this hotel has such a high level of professionalism, sense of welcoming, will of make you fell happy, that you can hardly find something which is not just perfect!
the review would be too long to explain in details how good we were treated by the whole staff but I just want to mention the conciergerie, whose suggestions of activities, professionalism and kindness have highly contributed to make our holidays unforgettable, the Front Office Manager, who went above expectations with his care and sense of anticipation of our needs, the barmen of pool bar who make an exquisite margarita and are always ready to have a nice chat to make you feel home.
if ever we have to find a negative spot in the Hotel, I would say the Spa, whose quality of treatments and welcoming were not up to the standards of the rest of the hotel.
A big thank you !
Daniele & Vanessa, room 611

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review and all you kind comments about your recent stay with us. It is always extra rewarding to receive positive feedback from a experienced luxury traveller such as yourself, as it shows that we can compete with the best. Certainly a point of encouragement and motivation for the entire team. I have personally passed on your flattering comments about our concierge, front desk and bar ambassadors to the team, they were all very pleased. Again, thank you for staying with us, we would love to welcome you back one day – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Sofitel Angkor in Siem Reap proved to be 5 star in many ways. We were booked into 5 different Sofitel hotels in Vietnam and Cambodia by our US travel agent, and were not disappointed in any. We asked for and were given a different (quieter) room upon arrival. The buffet breakfast in the Angkor Sofitel was one of the best we had on any continent. The staff all proved to be well meaning and they tried hard to please. I did not want to play golf too early so the concierge arrange a private half hour ride to the golf course at my convenience, and then picked me up, also private. Our I-Pad charger did not work, so one of the desk staff lent us their's with out hesitation. From door opening to always asking if we needed anything, someone was always looking out for us at the Sofitel Angkor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden. Other wise you may face the road which can be a little distracting.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very for writing a review about your recent stay with us. First of all, I am very happy to hear that you a enjoyable experience at the Sofitel Angkor and at our sister properties in South East Asia. It is also very flattering to hear that you found our breakfast buffet to be the best, I will make sure to pass on the feedback to the culinary brigade. It truly was a pleasure to look after you during you visit in Siem Reap, we all hope to welcome you back one day – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am a frequent guest of sofitels and love them. I always book on their website. When I checked out they were trying to charge me for the nights again. Even though I showed them the email stating that it was pre paid they insisted that wasn't correct. I didn't know what to do so I just put it on my credit card again. If its not actually pre paid they should tell you upon check in, just so I'm prepared and have time to check my credit card statements. Will have to research more when I get home. The Internet connection at the hotel times out frequently. The head board and bathrooms remind me of a cheap hotel. There are lizards everywhere but there's not much one can do about this. I felt it was too over priced for what it is. It's so hot here so I wanted a cool shower at the end of the day but the lowest temp was just below scalding.

It wasn't all bad. The staff are nice overall. I found the concierge staff worthless but there was one guy whom always exceeded expectations. Thank God for him. A lot of the staffs English isn't very good which makes it very frustrating when asking a question. I would never stay here again, and I'm a huge fan of Sofitel, but this hotel does not represent the luxury brand well.

Another thing that may be a cultural thing. I attended the nightly dance show and was the first one there. I got a yummy plate of the stir fried noodles and got up for a second to get a roll. When I returned the plate was gone. I asked the server where it went and he happily said, I threw it away so you could get a fresh plate (that was a fresh plate)!!! I looked at the line which was now long and told him that it was fresh and now I have to wait in line again. So I did, and waited a long time. He then pulled me out of line and said he had got me a new plate at the table, nice but not what I wanted. The noodles are made fresh with veggies you select. The only thing on This plate was noodles and onions, not at all what I would have chosen. So back in line I went again. I spent the first part of the show eating. If he had just left my plate alone I could have actually enjoyed the show On a full belly. Super annoying. There has to be better places to stay instead of here.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Stephanie G

hank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. First of all, I would like to apologize for the complications that arise during your stay with us, and that made it to a less enjoyable visit. I do very much regret to hear about the difficulties you experienced during check-out, and I completely understand your disappointment and frustration. Most importantly, if you find out that you were double charged for your room nights, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on + 855 63 964 600 or H3123-GM2@sofitel.com. I can only agree that if you have made your hotel room booking under our prepaid rate conditions, only other incidentals should be left to pay at Check out. Again, I do apologize for this misunderstanding. I also do regret to hear about the other incident you have experienced during your stay which does not reflect our standards.. We would all love to have the chance to welcome you back one day to prove to you that we are up to par with other Sofitel hotels world wide. Again, please do contact me directly if you have any issues with the amount debited from you credit card or hopefully to book your next stay – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager