“Outstanding !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Roma
“Outstanding !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I travel a lot for both business and personal purposes and I am used to the quality of service of Asiatic 5* hotels....but this one is absolutely outstanding!
Everybody in this hotel has such a high level of professionalism, sense of welcoming, will of make you fell happy, that you can hardly find something which is not just perfect!
the review would be too long to explain in details how good we were treated by the whole staff but I just want to mention the conciergerie, whose suggestions of activities, professionalism and kindness have highly contributed to make our holidays unforgettable, the Front Office Manager, who went above expectations with his care and sense of anticipation of our needs, the barmen of pool bar who make an exquisite margarita and are always ready to have a nice chat to make you feel home.
if ever we have to find a negative spot in the Hotel, I would say the Spa, whose quality of treatments and welcoming were not up to the standards of the rest of the hotel.
A big thank you !
Daniele & Vanessa, room 611

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for the review and all you kind comments about your recent stay with us. It is always extra rewarding to receive positive feedback from a experienced luxury traveller such as yourself, as it shows that we can compete with the best. Certainly a point of encouragement and motivation for the entire team. I have personally passed on your flattering comments about our concierge, front desk and bar ambassadors to the team, they were all very pleased. Again, thank you for staying with us, we would love to welcome you back one day – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Sofitel Angkor in Siem Reap proved to be 5 star in many ways. We were booked into 5 different Sofitel hotels in Vietnam and Cambodia by our US travel agent, and were not disappointed in any. We asked for and were given a different (quieter) room upon arrival. The buffet breakfast in the Angkor Sofitel was one of the best we had on any continent. The staff all proved to be well meaning and they tried hard to please. I did not want to play golf too early so the concierge arrange a private half hour ride to the golf course at my convenience, and then picked me up, also private. Our I-Pad charger did not work, so one of the desk staff lent us their's with out hesitation. From door opening to always asking if we needed anything, someone was always looking out for us at the Sofitel Angkor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden. Other wise you may face the road which can be a little distracting...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very for writing a review about your recent stay with us. First of all, I am very happy to hear that you a enjoyable experience at the Sofitel Angkor and at our sister properties in South East Asia. It is also very flattering to hear that you found our breakfast buffet to be the best, I will make sure to pass on the feedback to the culinary brigade. It truly was a pleasure to look after you during you visit in Siem Reap, we all hope to welcome you back one day – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager
Vienna, Wien, Austria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent guest of sofitels and love them. I always book on their website. When I checked out they were trying to charge me for the nights again. Even though I showed them the email stating that it was pre paid they insisted that wasn't correct. I didn't know what to do so I just put it on my credit card again. If its not actually pre paid they should tell you upon check in, just so I'm prepared and have time to check my credit card statements. Will have to research more when I get home. The Internet connection at the hotel times out frequently. The head board and bathrooms remind me of a cheap hotel. There are lizards everywhere but there's not much one can do about this. I felt it was too over priced for what it is. It's so hot here so I wanted a cool shower at the end of the day but the lowest temp was just below scalding.

It wasn't all bad. The staff are nice overall. I found the concierge staff worthless but there was one guy whom always exceeded expectations. Thank God for him. A lot of the staffs English isn't very good which makes it very frustrating when asking a question. I would never stay here again, and I'm a huge fan of Sofitel, but this hotel does not represent the luxury brand well.

Another thing that may be a cultural thing. I attended the nightly dance show and was the first one there. I got a yummy plate of the stir fried noodles and got up for a second to get a roll. When I returned the plate was gone. I asked the server where it went and he happily said, I threw it away so you could get a fresh plate (that was a fresh plate)!!! I looked at the line which was now long and told him that it was fresh and now I have to wait in line again. So I did, and waited a long time. He then pulled me out of line and said he had got me a new plate at the table, nice but not what I wanted. The noodles are made fresh with veggies you select. The only thing on This plate was noodles and onions, not at all what I would have chosen. So back in line I went again. I spent the first part of the show eating. If he had just left my plate alone I could have actually enjoyed the show On a full belly. Super annoying. There has to be better places to stay instead of here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Stephanie G
hank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. First of all, I would like to apologize for the complications that arise during your stay with us, and that made it to a less enjoyable visit. I do very much regret to hear about the difficulties you experienced during check-out, and I completely understand your disappointment and frustration. Most importantly, if you find out that you were double charged for your room nights, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on + 855 63 964 600 or H3123-GM2@sofitel.com. I can only agree that if you have made your hotel room booking under our prepaid rate conditions, only other incidentals should be left to pay at Check out. Again, I do apologize for this misunderstanding. I also do regret to hear about the other incident you have experienced during your stay which does not reflect our standards.. We would all love to have the chance to welcome you back one day to prove to you that we are up to par with other Sofitel hotels world wide. Again, please do contact me directly if you have any issues with the amount debited from you credit card or hopefully to book your next stay – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Thoroughly impressed with the Sofitel after a 4 night stay. We experienced some problems at check in but Camille, who assisted with our check in, and the front office manager Sam were professional and courteous and we were given a room upgrade to ensure that this did not affect our stay. The room and grounds were magnificent and I was impressed when I ordered a drink at the swim up bar only to have the barman go and procure a fresh coconut right out of the tree!
Breakfast buffet provided an excellent choice of food and we were always greeted warmly by all staff both in the restaurant and throughout the hotel. The Sofitel is located in between the main area of Siem Reap and the Angkor Wat complex so is well situated to visit both. We departed the Sofitel on my birthday and I was delighted to find a cake in our room wishing me a happy birthday from the staff. Really made my day a little special.
I would highly recommend the Sofitel as a fantastic place to stay when visiting Siem Reap and I look forward to my next visit. Thanks for a memorable vacation.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

You get what you pay for and what you may expect in a name brand. Price is on the expensive side for Siem Reap, however, it is on par with an averagehotel (e.g. Holiday Inn, Best Western) in the U.S.

The service at the front desk is great, sometimes there is live music playing in the adjacent bar and people open doors for you everywhere and greet you by name. The breakfast buffet is expensive, but quite hearty and a good splurge item. I was able to eat a big enough breakfast to hold me over until dinner time after I got back from a whole day at Angkor Wat. Awesome juices!The hotel is not too far from the main downtown and restaurant strip or the various temples of Angkor Wat by taxi or tuk tuk. However, it is not walking distance.

The pool is great and the room is fantastic. People commented quite often on the bed/pillow "firmness," but I thought it was just fine. For me, the most important aspect is cleanliness and the place is well maintained. Mini fridge, tv, bathroom were all fine and a gift of macaroons was a nice touch.

I also got a massage while I was here. It was a great massage with nice amenities (tea, cookies), but the prices are similar to what you would see in NYC. I had no complaints about the massage, but there are a ton of other places that are much cheaper and equally good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kicks_n_Bites
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sofitel Angkor on TripAdvisor. I’m pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us that especially that you received such great service from our hotel ambassadors. Our service team certainly is our biggest asset and I truly believe that They make us so unique from the other hotels around. I will make sure that the team receives your kind words, they will surely be pleased. Again, thank you for staying with us and for the review, we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very confortable room, beautiful gardens, fine cuisine, lovely pool, "non commercial" young group of smiling Apsara dancers while having dinner outside during sunset, life is beautiful ! :)

M.Ducry and his staff are top class. Congratulations to all of you.

Siem Reap and surroundings deserve more than a couple of days during a tour of south-east Asia.

Marc Sprengers / Travel Writer & Photographer from Belgium

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bonjour Mark and thank you very much for the review. It’s particularly an honor, coming from a well travelled writer, to receive such praise on your last stay, calling us “best in town”. I also particularly appreciate that you found us to be “non-commercial” as personalization and charm certainly are two of core values that guides us in our daily operations. I hope to see you back in Siem Reap very soon, and would then love to have you back staying with us – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager
Burgthann, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My name is Wolfgang a world traveler from Germany!
We stayed for 4 nights at the Sofitel Ankor and really enjoyed our stay a lot!
The resort is in excellent condition the garden and pool area is really the best and offers relaxation after the tour to the tempels.
You will have a more exelent breakfast as well as a nice dinner at one of the very clean and friendly restaurants within the resort.

The overall service is shining out in partiqular - Sothearin - a servant at the restaurant was so friendly for me to think to mentione here specifically in my comments.

I can not understand the few negative comments in Trip Advisor since it really dose not reflect the atmosphere and over all service at this Hotel.
We would always stay at the Sofitel Ankor again and we will recommend it to our international friends as the best place to stay in Siem Reap!

All the best to the team

Maret and Wolfgang

Room Tip: Jedes Zimmer in diesem Hotel ist schön ...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mr. Wolfgang, Thank you for your very kind review! I have passed on your great feedback to Sothearin and the rest of the team, they were all very pleased and excited. Reviews such as your makes all our hard work worthwhile, and certainly also makes us want to aim even higher. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome both of you back to the Sofitel Angkor very soon – Fabrice Ducry/General Manager