“very friendly and extremely knowledgable”
Review of Affinity Angkor

Affinity Angkor
Ranked #38 of 891 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Pilu. I am a professional licensed tour guide. Having been working as a tour guide for many years, I have also been lucky enough to make friends from many different nations.Thank to my friends who refer me to their friends. However, I am not always available. Therefore, I have created Affinty Angkor to gather some of my good friends who are, well trained, educated professional licensed tour guides to work with me as a team. We hope to show you my country soon!
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We booked Pilu at quite short notice for a day tour of the Angkor temple site. We wanted to get the most out of our time there, so we decided a guide was the way to go.

We were picked up from our hotel in a taxi (tuk-tuk was also an option) and he chose a route around the site that avoided the majority of tourists. At times, it seemed like we were the only people around some of those awe-inspiring temples.

Pilu was a very friendly and extremely knowledgable guide. He knew the places to go and the things to see; things that we might have missed had we not used his services. He knows his stuff and, as other reviewers have mentioned, he has a real passion for what he does. Truly a wonderful site to explore and a wonderful guide. Thanks.

All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 18 reviews
"day tour"
in 25 reviews
"phnom kulen national park"
"wicked sense of humour"
in 7 reviews
"incredible tour"
"kompong pluk"
in 3 reviews
"anyone visiting siem reap"
in 6 reviews
in 4 reviews
"knew where"
"deep knowledge"

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I cannot recommend Pilu and his team enough! He helped me see a great deal around Siem Reap and goes out of his way to help. I spent two days doing tours around Siem Reap and the temples. Day 1: Ta Promh, various sites in Angkor Thom including Victory Gate, Bayon Temple, Phimean and the Elephant Terrace and then a whole afternoon exploring Angkor Wat, followed by Day 2: sunrise at Angkor Wat, Pra Rub Temple, Banteay Srey, Ta Som and Preah Khan. Also had a trip to the Landmine Museum which is well worth a visit for seeing the extraordinary work of extraordinary people from out of the horrors. Final day spent at Kompong Phluk, which is well worth the visit - definitely take a small boat out into the waterways off the main 'streets'. It's beautiful.

As usual I was a completely last minute booker - but have no worries if you are too - text Pilu and he will respond quickly. He arranged for the first two days to be guided by Vichet, who is an incredibly gentle, knowledgeable, trustworthy and fun guy and I would recommend wholeheartedly. The third day I spent with Pilu who as has been said so many times in other reviews is fully fluent in English, gets what tourists want and need as he builds his business and is a warm, trustworthy and all round super guy. I recommend Affinity for sure!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

A brilliant way to visit all that's worth visiting in Siem Reap and beyond!

Pilu was a tru gent who guided us around everything we wanted to see and more! He patiently explained everything for us and ensured we stayed dry during downpours and we were not caught in the long snaking queues of seemingly bored tourists going on the usual routes!

Pilu ensured we went on different routes to see all the main sites whilst ensuring we were not just following everyone else and getting caught behind hundreds of picture taking tourists!

A brilliant way to visit Siem Reap and would and will recommend to all my friends!

Pilu is a true gem of Angkor!

1  Thank Southamptonboy
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked Pilu and Affinity as my guide for two days in Angkor. Pilu designed an itinerary that perfectly matched the time I had available without it feeling rushed or superficial. His English is excellent and his deep knowledge and passion for Cambodian history infectious. He was also great company and hugely helpful with unbiased recommendations for resturants, shops etc. The car Affinity provided was comfortable, well air conditioned with plentiful chilled water and towels and the driver was punctual and careful. All in all If you are looking for a private tour of Siam Reap I could not recommend Pilu and Affinity more.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friend and I spent three days visiting the sites of ancient Angkor and surrounds with Pilu as our guide. It was a special experience thanks to Pilu's knowledge, experience and communications skills along with his vibrant personality. The pace was right never too slow or rushed at any site and the program flexible to accommodate any interest or unique requests. It wa my first visit to Siem Reap after a 10 year absence and I learned so much of the history of this incredible country and its peoples, as well as having so much fun in the process. I would recommend without hesitation the services of Affinty Angkor to any traveller and the personal touches of Pilu as your guide if he is available.
Liam from Sydney, Australia.