“The best Indian food, delivered with a smile”
Review of ABABA Curry House

ABABA Curry House
Ranked #129 of 879 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ABABA Curry House opened on the 21st of January 2012. The owner is Malaysian and a long time resident of Siem Reap. The owner is also part owner of Curry Walla Indian Restaurant( an award winning restaurant ).The chef is Indian and kitchen staff are Khmer Muslim. ABABA serves vegetarian & non vegetarian dishes and is a HALAL restaurant.ABABA is noted for its delicious food, excellent service and cleanliness.
Chatham. NY
“The best Indian food, delivered with a smile”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

As an expat I have the opportunity to try a wider range of restaurants than others who are here for only a few days. I discovered Ababa 6 months ago and it has become one of my favourites. I return once or twice a week and have never been disappointed. In my opinion it is the best Indian restaurant in Siem Reap, and not as pricey as some. My favourite dish is the chicken thali; it is like 3 meals in 1, with two curries and a saag, in addition to one of the great breads. Skip lunch and try it for dinner.

Thanks to Thom for making eating here one of the pleasures of the city!! She's the best.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Really Good.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The food here is really good. We ordered from the Indian menu and loved everything we got. Their location is convenient too being just outside the night market. You can have dinner and shopping evening in Cambodia. Service is excellent.

Visited January 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“5 stars service”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Okay I dont usually give review to something, but this restaurant really impress me. Today I visit Ababa Curry House with my mom by accident. And I ordered drink named Zeera Lassi which is made by yogurt plus cumin seeds. I already expected I will got something with weird taste, but didn't think it will be that weird. So after some sips, I give it up. Then the waiter come to me and ask "what's wrong with this? You don't like it?" I say yes and my mom ask her for the bill. When she come back, she tell us we don't have to pay for the drink (whaaattt???) I argue that we still will pay for that and she keep insisted the opposite. So after a minute she go in silence and take our money. Then she came back with the change that still don't include the drink!! Feeling amazed. I mean it's my fault after all that cumin seed or whatever it is don't suit my tongue. Go to Ababa and you will experience yourself how lovely the owner and the waiter there. Note : just order naan if you don't really into Indian food. But seriously come to this restaurant and experience their 5 stars service

“Tasty, halal Indian food - A must go for Muslims visiting Siem Reap”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went to Ababa for lunch, ordered the butter naan, lamb vindaloo and hubby had the chicken briyani. Loved all of it! Tasty, especially the naan! We came back that night, after walking around night market. Hubby ordered mango lassi, and I had the masala tea. Mango lassi was just right - not too sweet and so refreshing. Masala tea perked me up for another 30 minutes of walking around town. :) The waitress was very helpful - helped us to finish off our Cambodian currency, let us keep our USD.. :D

Although the owner is Malaysian, the food is very North Indian - so give it a go! You don't get them in Malaysia!

Thanks Ranjit for sharing your stories with us. All the best!

Siem Reap, Cambodia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and best service!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I have been living in Siem Reap for several months now and I have tried many of the Indian restaurants in town. Ababa Curry house was the first that I tried and it's the one that I just keep coming back to. I love it. The owner and waitress is extremely nice and accommodating. The service is fast, and the food is delicious! I don't think that I've gone to a restaurant with such great services and reasonable prices in Siem Reap. The food has large portions and I always leave stuffed and smiling. Any traveler or local will regret not going to this restaurant.