“Hard to fault...”

ABABA Curry House
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ABABA Curry House opened on the 21st of January 2012. The owner is Malaysian and a long time resident of Siem Reap. The owner is also part owner of Curry Walla Indian Restaurant( an award winning restaurant ).The chef is Indian and kitchen staff are Khmer Muslim. ABABA serves vegetarian & non vegetarian dishes and is a HALAL restaurant.ABABA is noted for its delicious food, excellent service and cleanliness.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Food is 10/10 service is untouchable, actually first place in Cambodia after four weeks to check back and see if everything was okay. Staff show the right amount of interest and don't intrude your space. All the classics on the menu at a good price, good range of beers. Spoke to the owner who is very happy to chat. Went back after a top notch vindaloo and will continue to. Nothing bad to say! Good job!

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

After wandering around the night market, we stumbled across this curry house on our way to Pub St. As the menu looked extensive, well-priced, and the woman at the front wasn't pushy or aggressive we decided to eat here. Great decision, as the service and food were both amazing.

The woman at the front was incredibly attentive and funny. When she noticed we had our phones out, she gave us the wifi password written on a pad of paper, and when she noticed my wallet was on the table, she told us to be wary of beggars who might just swipe it.

We ordered pappadums, garlic naan bread, chicken karahi, aloo baingan and rice. The woman then asked if we wanted mild, medium or spicy. Very considerate of her!

We would definitely go back for the great service and lovely food. It's also a brilliant place to sit, relax, people watch, and see the going-ons in Siem Reap!

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Was so excited to eat here, thinking I could get good Indian food in Siem Reap. Sadly I was mistaken. Ordered the briyani and thali set and we couldn't finished half of it. Servings are large but the food was so so. One thing that bugged me is that they use jasmine rice instead of basmati! It's like using jasmine rice for sushi... Truly incredulous. It was edible, we were starving, but I won't be back.

The lassi was pretty good however, everything else was forgettable. Service was very good however.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Let be begin by saying that this is the only restaurant I've ever reviewed on tripadvisor. I am writing a review bc the service was so great. I wish I knew the waitress' name so I could review her, personally. If you've been in Siem Reap you know that it can be tough to walk through town without getting requests from masseurs, tuk-tuk drivers, and people trying to get you into their restaurant. We asked to see the menu and were given some time to review it, rather than having the waitress hovering over us. That alone reinforced our decision to stay. We got chicken masala and garlic nan. Both were tasty - totally satisfying. Maybe not the best Indian food ever, but I ate much worse Indian food while traveling in India! Overall we were happy and scraped our plates clean.

The waitress was sweet, and yes, she spoke English well. I don't expect others to know how to speak English - after all, I don't know their language. But, that she was able to converse with us (and we with her) I realized it was one of the first times since I've been in Cambodia (been here a while - totally loving it) that we've had a full conversation with a Cambodian who can speak English that well. It was great getting to see her personality through conversation.

Overall, I recommend. Grab some lunch there - it's one meal and you'll be eating all Khmer the rest of your stay in Cambodia.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been on this journey for 7 months now, and in 9 different countries. One obstacle is always the language, and I am easy with it because I do not speak their language either. At Ababa Curry House I believe I found the only waitress that speaks English...in all these countries combined. It was a treat in itself. Then the food was amazing, and the portions were huge. Delicious food, and the Lassi (yogurt fruit drink, mmmmm) was suggested to me by the English speaking waitress, now it is my favorite drink.
I have had the chicken masala and a couple other veg dishes also, all spectacular. I met the owner once, and he was the kindest person, making sure everything was ok. Strongly suggest!!