Photo Cambodia Photo Tours and Workshops
Review Highlights
Loved the time spent and the photos i brought home :-)

Reviewed March 21, 2018
sprout89
plano, texas
Great workshop, I wish I had more days scheduled with him

Reviewed February 4, 2018
Tara U

All reviews great teacher amateur photographer street photography angkor wat great photos trip in siem reap amazing experience temple complex techniques novice camera skills photographing editing countryside cambodia session
Reviewed March 21, 2018

my husband and i signed up for the full day workshop thinking this would be a great way to see the highlights of the temple complex at Angkor Wat. We knew we did not have enough time to be able to see everything and needed someone who knew the right places to go to have a great experience and get great photos to bring home. I am the one behind the camera and my husband then puts the slide shows and books together after our trips. We really learned a lot from Eric. He took me out of my comfort zone of just wanting to capture the temple as a building and taught me to take more interesting images that still tell the story of each of the unique temples. I will say, i was not initally thrilled with taking so many "head shots" BUT..........now that i am back home and have looked over the images i brought back with me, these are some of my favorites shots ---THANK YOU ERIC!!!! --- My husband got great editing tips over our lunch time review session too! We started off with the sunrise over Angkor Wat and then progressed around the area to other temples hitting them when crowds were fewer to be able to get the shot we wanted and have fewer tourists come home in our pictures. :-) some time after lunch my husband and i knew we wanted to spend another day with Eric to not only be able to see more temples but to see what else we could take home and continue to practice and incorporate into our photo outing. So we did another outing the next day and went to even more temple locations while still enjoying Eric's instruction and taking suggestions to work on in the future. If we are again, in SE Asia or vicinity, we will definitely be asking if Eric has any workshops for that region.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

A fantastic photography workshop, it was just Eric and myself. His coaching and explanations while we were looking at temples made such a huge impact on how I look at travel photography. Quality over quantity, he encouraged creativity, was great at making my camera understandable and giving helpful reminders of how to get the most from my photos. I will for sure return to Cambodia and will book more time to learn about photography from him

Reviewed January 1, 2018

As an advanced amateur photographer who wanted to visit Angkor Wat and the the temples of Siem Reap area, I and my wife signed on to Eric's three day program. We received more than we expected. Of course we visited and photographed the temples.We also visited the countryside villages, markets and monasteries -getting a real "behind-the-scenes" view of life in Calmbodia. Photographing people is a favorite of mine and Eric really gave pointers on techniques to improve my skills in that area. This "tour" was like a class that not only taught me new photo skills but critiqued me just enough to allow me to improve, with the correct balance of praise versus constructive assessments. My wife, who is not into photography, was also thrilled with our tour with Eric and the special places he took us to. Eric is easy to get along with and a very skilled photographer. I would totally recommentd his tour as a unique and special way to tour Cambodia.

Reviewed December 25, 2017

We spent 3 great days with Eric in Siem Reap on a comprehensive photography tour covering the temples, villages and countryside. I definitely feel that my photography skills have improved a lot, he made me think about light and shadows, and street photography in a completely new way. I would wholeheartedly recommend Eric's tour to anyone who loves photography and wants to take his/her skills to a new level.

Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

After having such a great time last year with Eric I decided to book again . This time we went to Banteay Chmmar , Battambang and Pailin .
A year has gone nowhere and I still consider myself a novice and again Eric was such a great teacher . Showing me new techniques and encouraging me to be creative . The difference this time we decided to try street photography in Battambang and Pailin . I must admit I was nervous and again Eric encouraged me to just lighten up and go for it . I found my confidence and before I knew it I was interacting with the lovely people of Pailin . It was such a good experience . Something I will not forget .
Eric is a great teacher and really knows his skill . He is great with people and very easy going but at the same time pushes you to shoot . I totally recommend Eric to both both novices and experts alike .

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

I got the pleasure of spending a day with Eric doing a photo tour and have come back with photos that will last a lifetime and are seriously capable of going into a high gloss photography magazine.

The amount I learned from Eric cannot be underestimated. He taught me more than I could have ever imagined and I’ve been able use those skills ever since.

I’m really grateful to have had the time to spend with Eric and if you want to come home from a trip in Siem Reap with photos that will only ever bring a smile to your face, book in now. You won’t regret it.

My only regret was that I didn’t have time to spend more than one day with Eric!

Reviewed April 23, 2017

My sister and I spent a half day with Eric out at the temples. His simple explanation of camera settings and built in practice opportunities to improve composition were really good and we walked away feeling much more confident in our skills with our cameras. Eric was friendly, helpful and informative (about photography and the temples). it was a great way to spend time at the temples outside of the usual sight seeing. Highly recommend for any budding or enthusiastic photographer.

Reviewed March 26, 2017

Just finished a 5 day Photo Workshop with Eric in Hong Kong. It was excellent. Eric was great with the photography instruction and knows Hong Kong well. We went to all his locations and went to more than a few that I wanted to explore. This was my second time using Eric's services. Took his Angkor and Countryside workshops years ago. Eric is great with a camera whether digital or film and knows the angles, light and what is possible and what is not with a camera. You will learn a lot from him. Thanks!

Reviewed March 9, 2017

If photography is your interest, you will not go wrong taking a workshop with Eric.
I took the day tour starting with the Angkor Wat sunrise. Throughout the day, Eric challenged me to improve my compositions (no small task!) and taught me a lot more about using the various settings on my camera. He is an amazing instructor and this is one of the best workshops I have taken. He is patient, instructive and does it all with a sense of humor. I doubt I would have any decent images of Angkor without this tour.
I highly recommend him!

Reviewed February 19, 2017

We booked one day at the temples and one day country site to learn more about real photography and not shooting on automatic.
Eric proved to be a great instructor and ingrained the basics very quickly by his credo "closer and darker" that contributed to better results instantly. Besides that he could tell a lot about the history and the Khmer people whereas he lives there already over 10 years.
It was a great experience and we had a lot of fun, also very important.
See our shots on Instagram under 'rienenjokemooolhuizen' if you are not yet convinced.