Photo Cambodia Photo Tours and Workshops
Review Highlights
Difference Maker

The difference for me and my wife between a good trip to SE Asia and a GREAT trip is Eric D'vries... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
RichJ927
Santa Monica, California
Angkor Wat Photography Tour

We did a full day photography tour and workshop eith Eric at Angkor Wat, including sunrise at... read more

Reviewed November 17, 2018
AussieClyde

All reviews great teacher street photography camera settings amateur photographer photography skills eric's tour angkor wat great photos se asia trip in siem reap amazing experience temple complex composition techniques novice editing photographing
Reviewed March 9, 2017

If photography is your interest, you will not go wrong taking a workshop with Eric.
I took the day tour starting with the Angkor Wat sunrise. Throughout the day, Eric challenged me to improve my compositions (no small task!) and taught me a lot more about using the various settings on my camera. He is an amazing instructor and this is one of the best workshops I have taken. He is patient, instructive and does it all with a sense of humor. I doubt I would have any decent images of Angkor without this tour.
I highly recommend him!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed February 19, 2017

We booked one day at the temples and one day country site to learn more about real photography and not shooting on automatic.
Eric proved to be a great instructor and ingrained the basics very quickly by his credo "closer and darker" that contributed to better results instantly. Besides that he could tell a lot about the history and the Khmer people whereas he lives there already over 10 years.
It was a great experience and we had a lot of fun, also very important.
See our shots on Instagram under 'rienenjokemooolhuizen' if you are not yet convinced.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed January 8, 2017

I found Eric´s tour and workshop here on TA and I am so glad that I did!

Being an amatour/hobby photographer I booked my first phototour ever wanting a great tour around Angkor with a professional photographer who could show and teach me more about photography in the middle of a great wonder - the Angkor complex!

Had a full day tour - Eric picked us up at 5:00am heading for sunrise at Angkor Wat.
During our day we also visited Preah Khan, the Terrace of the Leper King, the Bayon temple and a great photoshoot with monks at Prasat Kleang.

Eric knows the complex very well and picked the perfect timing for visiting the different temples. I was very glad that he took us to places less crowded and with few other tourists, making the photo opportunities even better and I could take my time..

Eric was a great teacher - pointing out great objects, creative compositions - thought me to work with the elements, the light and made me thinking in new ways choosing my photo objects.
And not to forget - he was very patient with me - thank you Eric, you´re the best!

We had a great lunch in the middle of the day and cold water was provided for on a very hot day. We returned to our hotel around 4:00 pm after a great day out!

Looking back on that day and at my photos - going on the photo tour with Eric was dollars very well spent!
"Make it darker" has been ringing in my head since this day - AKON Eric!

A day I will remember forever! Highly recommended, you will not regret it!

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank Butterflies22
Reviewed December 31, 2016

Prior to my day with Eric, I will admit I was very apprehensive and nervous being the novice "auto" shooter that I was. I have a camera on auto and that was all I knew...it worked. Eric turned me into a Manual Setting kind of gal. His approach to teaching, his techniques, his personality, his day planned to perfection has made me want to practice exactly what he preached in a very unpreachy way.....does that make any sense? All his prior reviews ring true. Thanks Eric for being the photo guru......

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed December 29, 2016

Eric picked me up at the hotel at 5:00am and we headed off for sunrise at Angkor Wat. I'd been there a few days earlier in the afternoon and Eric used a different path which took us down to the waters edge in front of the temple. Lots of people around but had our spot ready as the sun rose.

After that it was to the South Gate at Angkor Thom but managed to squeeze in a photo of a Buddha on the way out when Eric demonstrated his creative eye in his composition.

Really enjoyed our time at the Terrace of the Leper King which contains some great carvings with some colour relief.

I really liked Eric's style. He spoke about what he tries to do and then issues a challenge to take a photo incorporating different elements and then comparing both attempts.

I thought the benefit would be of going round with someone who would be able to take me to places that were less crowded but which deserved attention and Eric certainly did this but he also got me thinking of new ways of looking at images.

The places we visited included Sunrise at Angkor, South Gate of Angkor Thom, Terrace of the Leper King, Preah Khan and the Bayon overview.

Date of experience: November 2016