“Private guided tour”

Angkor Wat Services day tours
Ranked #72 of 806 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Professional Travel Guides for exciting and informative tours of Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Private guided tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We recently completed a three day-visit to Siam Reap. Our guide was Sophoan Rath (poan45@gmail.com). Siam Reap was a memorable experience made more so by the attentive involvement of the gentleman who shared with us his city and it's varied attractions. Sophoan provided companionship as well as insight to the archeological offerings, the community, history and development of Cambodia. My wife and I rarely engage guide services. The true win, however, is when, through the involvement of your guide you experience not only the tourist offerings but leave with insight as how a community functions, it's history, politics and it's development aspirations. Anyone seeking similar involvement I enthusiastically recommend our friend and tour guide Sophoan Rath.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“Amazing trip - thanks Sophoan Rath!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My friend and I visited Siem Reap, the temples, and the Floating Village with the help of Sophoan. He was an amazing guide as he knows his way around the temples very easily, was patient with us as we explored, and was happy to answer any questions we had (he is FULL of great information!) as well as offer suggestions of where to go and insight into everyday life in Cambodia. I cant wait to go back!

Visited October 2013
Tokyo, Japan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Touring Siem Reap with Sophoan - Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am not even sure where to begin with this long overdue review...
My husband and I traveled to Siem Reap for two short days of sightseeing in December 2012. We could not have asked for a better tour guide than Sophoan. From our arrival at Siem Reap airport late in the evening, to our very early departure on Jan.1st (what a way to welcome in the new year, huh?), Sophoan made everything flow smoothly and stress-free for us. His knowledge of the area and his country's history is impressive. My husband likes to ask a lot of questions...mostly about how old things are and when certain events took place, and Sophoan knew it all! As someone else mention, he is a special person. I did not feel like he was just my guide, taking me to places because he had to; I felt like he was an old friend sharing his city with me. Not everyone has the ability to make you feel that way. After our time in Siem Reap we traveled to Vietnam, and while we encounter some great guides there, none of them were quite like Sophoan. I have already recommend him to one friend planning to travel to Cambodia, and I will recommend him to anyone else I know of who plans to travel there. Thank you for sharing Siem Reap with us, Sophoan!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank A H
Indonesia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Amazing Siem Reap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

After spent holiday in Thailand, Me and my three other friends continue the trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia. As we came from ASEAN countries, we don't need any ViSA to enter Cambodia. We visited Small Circuit, Grand Circuit and Angkor Museum. We see sunrise in Angkor Wat and it was very amazing. Don't forget to visit Angkor Night Market and Pub Street to taste the best local food, amok fish and khmer bbq and to try their great and relaxing khmer massage. Thanks to Mr. Sophoan to guide and give us the best vacation in Cambodia with his hospitality and his knowledge about Cambodia history. (Ming, Neni, Fei & Hans)

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poan is really great as a tour guise, highly recomended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I totally recomend taking the daily tour with Poan. He is a very qualified tour guide who will definitively enrich your visit to this marvelous place and most of all he is a wonderfull person, very kind and attentive who shares he's knowledge and experiences with you so you can understand things with different perspective. You won't regret it!!

Visited August 2013