“Touring Siem Reap with Sophoan - Wonderful!”

Angkor Wat Services day tours
Ranked #72 of 819 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Professional Travel Guides for exciting and informative tours of Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand.
Tokyo, Japan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Touring Siem Reap with Sophoan - Wonderful!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am not even sure where to begin with this long overdue review...
My husband and I traveled to Siem Reap for two short days of sightseeing in December 2012. We could not have asked for a better tour guide than Sophoan. From our arrival at Siem Reap airport late in the evening, to our very early departure on Jan.1st (what a way to welcome in the new year, huh?), Sophoan made everything flow smoothly and stress-free for us. His knowledge of the area and his country's history is impressive. My husband likes to ask a lot of questions...mostly about how old things are and when certain events took place, and Sophoan knew it all! As someone else mention, he is a special person. I did not feel like he was just my guide, taking me to places because he had to; I felt like he was an old friend sharing his city with me. Not everyone has the ability to make you feel that way. After our time in Siem Reap we traveled to Vietnam, and while we encounter some great guides there, none of them were quite like Sophoan. I have already recommend him to one friend planning to travel to Cambodia, and I will recommend him to anyone else I know of who plans to travel there. Thank you for sharing Siem Reap with us, Sophoan!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank A H

• Polish first
Indonesia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Amazing Siem Reap”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

After spent holiday in Thailand, Me and my three other friends continue the trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia. As we came from ASEAN countries, we don't need any ViSA to enter Cambodia. We visited Small Circuit, Grand Circuit and Angkor Museum. We see sunrise in Angkor Wat and it was very amazing. Don't forget to visit Angkor Night Market and Pub Street to taste the best local food, amok fish and khmer bbq and to try their great and relaxing khmer massage. Thanks to Mr. Sophoan to guide and give us the best vacation in Cambodia with his hospitality and his knowledge about Cambodia history. (Ming, Neni, Fei & Hans)

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poan is really great as a tour guise, highly recomended!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I totally recomend taking the daily tour with Poan. He is a very qualified tour guide who will definitively enrich your visit to this marvelous place and most of all he is a wonderfull person, very kind and attentive who shares he's knowledge and experiences with you so you can understand things with different perspective. You won't regret it!!

Visited August 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“Worthwhile to listen to your friends - Poan is the best guide”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I planned to visit Cambodia last year but I cancelled it just because Poan was not available at that time.
Yes, my friend who recommended Poan to me was that serious, she convinced me to wait for another chance rather than having one who is not proved to be as good.
So, I waited a year and finally visited Cambodia just last week and it was worthwhile waiting!
Before we arrived in Siem Reap, Poan arranged everything from hotel (stayed in Victoria Angkor, it is a fairly nice report & spa hotel at a very reasonable price) to well thought-out itineraries.
I have been travelling around many countries and by far Poan is the best tour guide I have met.
His kind and heartwarming hospitality makes you feel at home throughout your trip.
I had so much fun talking with him about the ancient & modern history of Cambodia, he has experienced (or survived...) the Khmer Rouge regime and shared with me his vivid memory of that cruel time.
Poan has never got tired of my endless questions, and most of my questions were repeated due to my bad memory...
Hey friends out there, if you are planning a trip to Siem Reap for Angkor Wat tour, you have my word that he is the right one.
I already miss him who became my best friend and cannot wait to see him again on my next trip!

Visited July 2013
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Poan is the perfect guide.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My first trip to Cambodia was a few years ago and toured around the Siem Reap area and Poan was an amazing guide, the best I've ever had. He is genuinely friendly and is very professional. I've toured other areas of Cambodia on subsequent trips and again Poan made all the arrangements and we had a great time. He knowledge is so complete and adds many insights to the trip by explaining about Khmer history and culture.
I've had the opportunity to travel to many countries and had many guides throughout my years of traveling. Poan is the best there is!

Richard C.