Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Angkor Wat Services tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Angkor Wat Services
from $100.00
More Info
All reviews day tour angkor wat sear voeurn private tour his knowledge two days excellent tour take photos via email great photographer fantastic trip cambodian history fishing village always on time knowledgeable guide siam reap trip to siem reap
Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you want to get a complete and articulate version about past & recent history of Cambodia, hear about mythological stories represented on the temple walls, be advised on the best spot to take pictures, experience special sound effects inside the meditation areas, be nicely introduced to local people of the village, there is Ched, the guide that reflects the good mood and kindness of Cambodian people. Teacher at college previously, he knows how to captivate his audience and yet not academic but very pragmatic with his gentle driver, he will go the extra mile for you. Be ready to learn a lot in a pleasant atmosphere with Ched..

Date of experience: April 2013
7  Thank delameric
angkorwatservice, Owner at Angkor Wat Services, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind posting the review about our service. We are happy that you used our private service and enjoyed your trip during you stayed in Cambodia.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

With so much history behind each and every temple, my friend and I thought that it would be a good idea to get a local guide to bring us around. Chet was recommended through another friend of mine and he was very prompt in his replies to whatever questions I have prior to our arrival. He couldn't bring us around personally and had arranged for another guide, Mr Hour, who spoke good English and was very polite, humorous and accomodating to all our needs throughout our 2 days tour.

We never felt hurried during the tour and was treated to a condensation of the history of Cambodia in two days, including the Khmer Rouge days. Water was also readily provided whenever we returned to the car to travel to the next destination just so that we don't collapse from heatstroke in the humid weather!

Date of experience: February 2013
5  Thank cornscious

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having travelled to Siem Reap recently I strongly recommend getting a guide to cover as much as possible. We ended up using two guides due to a lack of organisation. Chet was outstanding when it came to his knowledge of Angkor Wat and the whole of Cambodia. He was able to improvise and tailor our itinerary according to our requirements and we managed to get the most out of our last day. He knew all the places to get the best camera shots. He is very frienly and put us at ease so it made our visit not only informative but also really enjoyable! We so valued his perspective on all we saw and the connections he helped us to make. I wouldn't look any further.

Date of experience: October 2012
6  Thank Sukan99

Reviewed March 22, 2013

First of, Siem Reap is a trip of a lifetime. I spent 4 nights and 5 days in this Cambodian province and there is so much to be seen. I originally planned on navigating the temples on my own but the more research I did, the more I realized I needed a guide. A friend of mine just got back from Cambodia and she was able to recommend Chet and his Private Tour guide company. I am so grateful for the referral, it absolutely made the difference! I reached out to him via email about a month before my trip, Chet himself was already booked but he assured me he will make arrangements for one of his guides to take me around. On my email I indicated specific things I wanted to experience on my trip: the temples, sunrise, and sunset. I explained that I had no preference in terms of mode of transportation (tuk-tuk or car). I also indicated in my email the actual time and dates that I’ve allotted for this trip as well as hotel accommodations. It is important that you give Chet as much information in your initial correspondence so he can plan accordingly and confirmations on rates and times. I was backpacking South East Asia so it was hard for me to follow up once I got on the road.

Having said that, I flew into Siem Reap late on Sunday night. I sent Chet a quick email saying I’ll be ready by 9am and he promptly replied. The next day, the guide along with the driver was waiting for me at the hotel lobby. Mr. Sophie gave me a brief description of the day’s events, timeline as well as what the next 4 days will be like. The guide asked me if I had any other requests, I responded: shopping, elephant ride, Tonle Sap River cruise – all of which were not in the original plan. Mr. Sophie quickly adjusted the day and made sure to pass on my request to the next guide. Chet and his team are amazing! They are very accommodating and extremely knowledgeable. My guide the second and the third day did an excellent job adapting to crowd, weather and last minute requests. I’m just learning photography so the guide was very patient and he came prepared with locations of amazing angles and sceneries. We went off the beaten path just to show me different perspective and views. They are also very attentive to my needs: always ready with a cold bottle of water and a flash light to light my way during the dawn hike. The guide would even carry my tripod without me asking for it! Lunch recommendations were spot on. I’m usually not dependent on a guide but the information I got while walking around was invaluable. It also kept the momentum going. if I was on my own I would have read my way through the temples.
Despite seeing so much of the temple and Siem Reap, the entire trip was relaxed and evenly paced - not once did I felt rushed. We even had time to enjoy snacks in between temples.
A few things to consider... Take the car :). Your very own tuk-tuk is wonderful ofcourse but the car offers temporary relief from the heat. Also, you will be able to hear the guide talk without competing craning your neck. Finally, just in case you have to leave any of your non valuable items (hat, tripod, water bottle, etc.), a car is much more secure.

Chet and his team are awesome! My guides and my driver throughout the trip were great. The next time I go back to Cambodia I will definitely have to call on them again. In regards to cost, the experience is worth every penny.

Date of experience: January 2013
7  Thank adtravlr

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Mr Chet was unable to take us at the last moment due to illness so we arranged to have us use Mr Rani. Mr Rani was an excellent guide that knew the backdoors into the temples allowing us to avoid waiting long periods (it was Chinese New Year). His knowledge was deep beyond the temples and provided the history behind, My daughter got her much antisipated elephant ride because of his efforts. The cost of the guide was a bargain for the value he provided. We saw a multitude of temples, the lake and a lotus farm. We took a side visit to the school and spent time with the kids before school started - a absolutely wonderful experience.

Date of experience: February 2013