“Worth the extra cost. Maximized my trip to the City of Temples.”

Angkor Wat Services
Ranked #4 of 320 Transportation in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Angkor Wat Guide Services are the local private tour guide services based in Siem Reap, Angkor Wat Cambodia. We provide transportation(Camry 4 seats / SUV / Van 12-15 seats / Bus 24 seats with air conditioning and well-experienced drivers)for both private and group tours with reasonable price and very convenient to match your need.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 22, 2013

First of, Siem Reap is a trip of a lifetime. I spent 4 nights and 5 days in this Cambodian province and there is so much to be seen. I originally planned on navigating the temples on my own but the more research I did, the more I realized I needed a guide. A friend of mine just got back from Cambodia and she was able to recommend Chet and his Private Tour guide company. I am so grateful for the referral, it absolutely made the difference! I reached out to him via email about a month before my trip, Chet himself was already booked but he assured me he will make arrangements for one of his guides to take me around. On my email I indicated specific things I wanted to experience on my trip: the temples, sunrise, and sunset. I explained that I had no preference in terms of mode of transportation (tuk-tuk or car). I also indicated in my email the actual time and dates that I’ve allotted for this trip as well as hotel accommodations. It is important that you give Chet as much information in your initial correspondence so he can plan accordingly and confirmations on rates and times. I was backpacking South East Asia so it was hard for me to follow up once I got on the road.

Having said that, I flew into Siem Reap late on Sunday night. I sent Chet a quick email saying I’ll be ready by 9am and he promptly replied. The next day, the guide along with the driver was waiting for me at the hotel lobby. Mr. Sophie gave me a brief description of the day’s events, timeline as well as what the next 4 days will be like. The guide asked me if I had any other requests, I responded: shopping, elephant ride, Tonle Sap River cruise – all of which were not in the original plan. Mr. Sophie quickly adjusted the day and made sure to pass on my request to the next guide. Chet and his team are amazing! They are very accommodating and extremely knowledgeable. My guide the second and the third day did an excellent job adapting to crowd, weather and last minute requests. I’m just learning photography so the guide was very patient and he came prepared with locations of amazing angles and sceneries. We went off the beaten path just to show me different perspective and views. They are also very attentive to my needs: always ready with a cold bottle of water and a flash light to light my way during the dawn hike. The guide would even carry my tripod without me asking for it! Lunch recommendations were spot on. I’m usually not dependent on a guide but the information I got while walking around was invaluable. It also kept the momentum going. if I was on my own I would have read my way through the temples.
Despite seeing so much of the temple and Siem Reap, the entire trip was relaxed and evenly paced - not once did I felt rushed. We even had time to enjoy snacks in between temples.
A few things to consider... Take the car :). Your very own tuk-tuk is wonderful ofcourse but the car offers temporary relief from the heat. Also, you will be able to hear the guide talk without competing craning your neck. Finally, just in case you have to leave any of your non valuable items (hat, tripod, water bottle, etc.), a car is much more secure.

Chet and his team are awesome! My guides and my driver throughout the trip were great. The next time I go back to Cambodia I will definitely have to call on them again. In regards to cost, the experience is worth every penny.

7  Thank adtravlr
angkorwatservice, Owner at Angkor Wat Services, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind posting the review about our service. We are happy that you used our private service and enjoyed your trip during you stayed in Cambodia.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Mr Chet was unable to take us at the last moment due to illness so we arranged to have us use Mr Rani. Mr Rani was an excellent guide that knew the backdoors into the temples allowing us to avoid waiting long periods (it was Chinese New Year). His knowledge was deep beyond the temples and provided the history behind, My daughter got her much antisipated elephant ride because of his efforts. The cost of the guide was a bargain for the value he provided. We saw a multitude of temples, the lake and a lotus farm. We took a side visit to the school and spent time with the kids before school started - a absolutely wonderful experience.

6  Thank phantom_49601

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Chet is High Responsible tour guide! Chet is the great knowledgeable tour guide of history of Cambodian culture and civilization. He is high responsible, punctual, flexible, helpful, enthusiastic, patient, passion, interest and really commendable.
I enjoyed his services very much. He knows the best photo taking locations if the crowds are many. His English is very fluent and he has all the information needed to make a perfect tour around the places. Please don't hesitate to contact with Chet's services!

6  Thank lahmic

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Have just returned from Cambodia and had a 3 day tour with Chet.He is a very knowledgeable and pleasant guide.We set out our own itinary and Chet was happy to follow our requests to see village life as well the temples and Tonle Sap lake.He was excellent company and explained much of the history of the country and its culture.We ended with a visit to Angkor Museum and this proved to be an excellent way to comprehend even more the temple visits which Chet took us to and explained fully the stories and ledgends behind each site.A great guide and thoroughly recommended to anyone visiting Cambodia.Keith & Jeanette Palmer February 2013

6  Thank 213keithP

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Even though we already have learned lot about hindu mythologies and stories from childhood, I personally felt the need for a tour guide to visit such a vast and significant place like Siem/Angkor. When we mail Chet with the list of places we were planning to visit in Siem reap, he responded with a suitable itinerary with all the places under our consideration. His fees was nominal and we booked 3 day trip with him around Siem reap. I would consider this was the best decision of our trip. Chet was very knowledgeable and fabulous in narrating the historical events. He must have visited these a thousand times, but the interest and enthusiasm he had was fresh. His English fluency was good and he has all the information needed to make a perfect tour around the place, whether it be best photo spots or avoiding crowd or historic context of the place in relation to other places we had visited earlier. He made us to time travel and realize how the place would have looked like or was being used around 1000 years ago. We were lost in time. He was very warm and friendly, the fact that he could strike a conversation with anyone displayed this, whether it be ice cream vendor or other tour guide or children playing around. He was so patient and helpful as well, I happened to miss my DSLR camera in one of the restaurants near Beng Mealea and only noticed it after two hours, Chet was quick to trace the restaurant number and he got in touch with one of his guide friend who was around the restaurant and had the camera delivered to our hotel in the evening. He educated us on Cambodia history right from pre-angkorian period to current state – history, geography, economics to politics. He also educated us on every day life of Cambodians and problems they face, I did not have much idea about Cambodia people before visiting the place, after hearing so much from him and witnessing myself a few, my respect for Cambodian’s has grown tremendously. He is an ambassador of Kingdom of Cambodia in a way.

Knowing him personally was as fascinating as the temples he showed us. In the past 6 years of travelling around south east Asia, I don’t remember anyone who impressed me so much like Chet.
He is a born teacher, not only he is teaching the tourists about Cambodia history, but also kids around his place. His attitude, approach and passion towards the things he does is more fascinating as well. He is a hard working self-made man. What fascinated me more was his openness/interest in knowing the Indian version of the stories in Ramayana and Mahabharata and his yearning to learn more on these. At the end of our 3 day trip, me and my wife were more than convinced that this was the best way to spend our first anniversary happily than any other means. Kudos to Chet for being a part of our trip and making our first anniversary and trip memorable and informative

7  Thank MaheshBabu_09