“Outstanding location, comfortable rooms, great staff”

Apsara Centrepole Hotel
Ranked #133 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed in this hotel from Feb 16th to Feb 19th and booked it through Agoda.com. My cost included breakfast and an airport pickup (though I used mine to pick me up from the Giant Ibis bus terminus).

The hotel is excellently located in the heart of town, literally 30 seconds away from Pub Street. Amazingly, you couldn't hear the noise from the street despite being so close to it. The rooms are huge with walk out terraces/balconies (a welcome message with my name was spelled out on the bed with leaves which was a nice touch after a long 7 1/2 hour bus journey from Phnom Penh!). The door locks with a normal metal key and lock (no electronic key card system).

There is a really nice swimming pool in the back to relax in (not big enough for doing laps).

The staff were extremely friendly and extremely courteous - greeting me with a bow and palms pressed together. They truly outdid themselves when I had accidently left my headphones in reception on my way to the airport and they managed to call the tuk tuk driver to take me back to the hotel to pick them up. They also arranged a small breakfast box for me to take with me to Angkor Wat at 5a.m. so I wouldn't be hungry - another excellent touch.

Wifi was available throughout the hotel and the large flat screen TV in the room had loads of English language channels.

What stops this from being a 5-star rating is: 1) The aircon was too small for the room and didn't cool it properly; 2) No breakfast buffet - there was only a set breakfast with bread, juice and fruit; 3) There is no door on the shower, so the whole bathroom gets wet.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jay B

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was hotel a real find. Stayed here for 3 nights in a balcony room and we were very comfortable. Having read some of the reviews that it can sometimes be noisy, we asked for a quiet room, and there was no noise at all (or we were too tired to notice!). The pool with recliners was delightful to come back to after a hot day at the temples.
Very friendly and helpful staff, extremely clean and great amenities.
Small note: We got laundry done at the second laundry place a little further down the road to the left - it was returned in plastic bags clean & folded but luckily we took it out to repack and found our clothes still quite damp- so would not recommend going there.
Opposite the hotel is the training restaurant- Haven- don't miss the opportunity to have dinner at Haven- book ahead as soon as you are checked in to the hotel as it gets very popular.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jess8888_12
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We got to this amazing place by chance - we passed the hotel walking down the street, got back and entered just to check it out. We stayed for good.
Tired after spending hours in Angkor Wat we got treated with a big smile, fresh lemon grass ice tea and sweet rice - just like that. What can I say - we like to be treated this way ;)
We recommend this hotel to everybody who enjoys peaceful, quite, elegant and charming atmosphere.
Great place to hide away from crowds, but if you need those, it's just 2 minutes walk from main attractions of night life in Siem Reap.
Dominik and the Family.

Room Tip: I guess any room is good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Apsara Centrepole - not too expensive and well reviewed but wasn't expecting anything too fancy.

The rooms are large and comfortable - I had a balcony room overlooking the pool and it was lovely. The beds are a little hard, and the gap under the door is quite large so noise from the corridor leaks into the room.

The pool area is lovely & the pool a wonderful temperature (good for a post-temple dip!).

Opposite the hotel is Haven, a training restaurant which is delicious and worth a try. Unfortunately always a lot of tuk-tuk drivers right outside the restaurant which makes it a bit like running the gauntlet to get out of the hotel!

The welcome on my bed with my name made out of leaves was a nice touch.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in the Apsara Centrepole Hotel & it was a great experience. The staff were absolutely lovely! They were extremely helpful, friendly & welcoming. The free breakfast was delicious & we spent a lot of time at the pool, it was beautiful. We were staying over Valentine's Day & they put on a very special & romantic dinner for us by the pool, the food was incredible very reasonably priced & the service from the waiter was impeccable! Location was fabulous, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shaka K
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed only one night in Apsara Centrepole. The hotel is well located and the staff is friendly and very helpful. The room I got was average. Despite the close location to nightlife, it was quiet at night. The breakfast is limited but of a decent quality for the type of hotel, the coffee offered was an expresso, a nice surprised. The breakfast location in the patio is quite enjoyable

Room Tip: I stayed only one night in Apsara Centrepole. The hotel is well located and the staff is friendly a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank lorenzodelmondo
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The highlight of the Apsara ceterpole Hotel is the staff. We have loved the never ending smiles which would welcome us every time we walked through the reception, ordered food or just simply spoke to any of the many Apsara employees. Sophanit working at the reception always made us laugh and we enjoyed his professional approach as well as the professionalism and friendliness of other staff members. We would definitely come back to this hotel again. The only problem I encountered during my stay was a noise from outside which I have solved by buying ear plugs. The bed was very comfortable which compensated my problems with sleeping due to the noise issues. More attention could be given to renovation or cleaning of the bathroom area as the bathroom in our room was slightly worn out. However, this would not stop me coming back. I enjoyed the salt pool which was not as full of chemicals as fresh water pools can be and would definitely recommend this place to my friends who would be looking for accommodation in a similar price range.

Room Tip: I would choose a room that is not facing the main road next time, room closer to the pool side of th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple