“Good value for money”

Ranked #145 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Shanghai, China
“Good value for money”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Good location, clean and friendly staff.
Normally they must pick us at the aeroport but they forgot. So we took a tuk tuk, once at the hotel they refund us the way. The breakfast is good and not too small.
A good point also for the swimming pool very appreciated when you come back from a walk in Angkor site.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charlene M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The service staff here were so helpful to us I almost found it hard to believe. You might think that they're out to help because they just want a cut for themselves, but I'm more than glad to say that the guys that work at this hotel aren't like that.

My friend and I arrived sometime midnight but we realised that the rooms weren't available till noon. I was expecting to have to sleep on our packs in an alley somewhere but they were nice enough to put us up in the lobby for the night. Not to mention keeping us entertained with lively conversation and a few cans of beer till we fell asleep.

Definitely a spot I'd recommend to everyone. But make sure to book a few days to a week in advance, just to be sure you get that highly-coveted room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank AnilKN
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Good points:
Very good location
Very cheap
Free breakfast
Staff organised taxi for us to the Thai border for good price

Bad points:
Not amazingly clean
Have to take off your shoes when coming in
Breakfast not great (though as I say, it was free)
No safe in room
Room keys left on reception counter... Anyone could take them

Overall I can't really complain for the price we paid, but the hotel could be more professionally run.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Robertlb85
Kabul, Kabol, Afghanistan
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked this hotel through an on-line service, and I am so glad that I listened to the other great reviews, as they are spot on! For service, cleanliness, spaciousness, location to attractions, and most of all the best group of owners and staff, this hotel cannot be beat. I stayed there for two weeks off and on, and always had a wonderful time. They always accomodated me, regardless of the request, and the manager is so laid back and congenial, you will think you are living at home! Do yourself a favor and book this hotel everytime. Tell them Sean DeLany sent you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sean D
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently stayed here during my three days in Cambodia and I seriously loved it. The owner, manager, and friends (who ended up driving me for my Angkor Wat tour) were so helpful and went out of thier way to make sure my trip was very special. The breakfast is cooked fresh and the rooms are clean. I had a room with a fan and I found it to be cool enough to be comfortable. The staff speaks excellent english and can provide easy maps and advice for how to get around Siem Reap. For $15 a night, I couldn't have gotten better service and atmosphere anywhere else. If I am ever lucky enough to come back I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Rebecca H
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Well, all I can say is that this is definitely one of the best places to be. It's clean, affordable has great amenities, and best of all, has perhaps the nicest staffs you could ever find. The practically offer an exceptional customer service!

Siem Reap on the other hand is a very nice place to visit. Not only Cambodians are perhaps one of the nicest people in the world, it also has a laid back place to offer. If you want to just relax in a small town, unwind for a little while, then you should give Siem Reap a visit. This is definitely one of the places I will surely revisit in the near future. It's a great pleasure to have visited this place and to have met the wonderful people there especially the staffs in Side Walk Hotel.

All in all, my visit in SIem Reap was a blast! Thanks for the kindness of the staff of Side Walk Hotel for rendering me the best of service you could possibly get.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank missArrogantz
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Minutes on foot from the beaten path on a quiet side street. Very clean, very comfortable, very welcoming. The guys take pride their hotel and their extended business (the Angkor tuk-tuk driver I was introduced to, Hean, couldn't have been more professional and courteous). I didn't spend a ton of time in the hotel overall; there's too much to see and do in a short trip to Siem Reap. But getting back to the Side Walk, either by foot, moto taxi, or tuk-tuk, felt like coming home, every time. Feel confident in booking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo