“My small Second Home”

Ranked #100 of 292 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa with my friend after back from Phnom Penh last week. we were originally going to only stay for 1 night, but liked it so much, my friend ended up staying for over 2 nights in Siem Reap. The facilities here are good . Pool, breakfast, spa. we were enjoyed our stay. However, what seperates the Retreat Village Boutique from other palces I've stayed are the people. Most notably, receptionists up to in house staffs. They will go out of their way to ensure that all guests are treated fairly and have the best possible experience in Siem Reap.

I would very highly recommend this small Boutique to any person traveling to Siem Reap and need quite place to relaxe after long working period.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim H
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Value Resident,

Thank you very much for the value comment you have shared, i, on behalf of the entire team wish to extend our profound appreication and delighted to hear that you satisfied with our services and family

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcomig you back home soon.

thak you

There are newer reviews for Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a nice hotel, situated a 3min tuk tuk drive from the centre of Siem Reap, for which you will pay approx. $2, and approx. 10minutes from the Angkor Wat site. We stayed in one of the poolside rooms, it was nice and clean with a spacious bathroom/wetroom. The rooms were a little dark though – it could have done with a brighter light in the bedroom.
Whilst we were there Siem Reap were experiencing some electricity problems and on a couple of occasions we had no power or water – but the staff were helpful and sorted out the problems quickly and efficiently.
The food at the restaurant was also very nice and offered a good selection of western and local food. Overall the hotel was a nice and a good base for which to explore Angkor Wat, whilst there are probably more luxurious hotels in Siem Reap for the price of the hotel it was very reasonable and met our expectations for our stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Value Resident,

What a nice note!

Thank you very much for sharing such a meaningful words to express your satisfaction after the stayed with us. We hope you continue of the pleasant journey.

It was with our great honor of having you chosen Retreat Villa as place of your choice during the magnificent trip of exploring the world re-known monument , Angkor Wat

Our Retreat Cafe that serves all day dining with Khmer food, a la carte or even better to dine at Retreat Pool. Thank you for pointed out of how our food quality be accepted by you.

I have made the special note of your valid comment for improvment, i like to thank you and hope to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am happy and glad to have stayed at the Retreat Villa Siem Reap. My wife and I had wonderful sleeps at nights greeted by sumptuous breakfast. Best of all, Miss. Chivit and her wonderful team of friendly staff made us feel like home. They recommended us where to visit tourist attraction areas and arranged transportation for us. This definitely has saved us a lot of time. I highly recommend this resort to everyone.

PS: For those of you who appreciates beautiful neat landscape, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

What a word !

You have just made our day more brighter. Thank you for choosing Retreat Villa as place of your choice

We so glad when seeing our guest left in fond memory after the stayed at Retreat Villa, I have conveyed your word to staff member in particular to Chivit who willing to do what ever it takes of ensure our guest happiness is met. We created the well tailored made tour excursion for our resident need for the convenience of our resident.

Thank you for the recommendation our place and looking forward to welcoming you back home

kindly drop a line my attention for your next visit

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Feel like going back home and this is my second stay at this beautiful hotel. Staffs could well remember what my preferences are; all was well arranged and this really touched. Chivit, the receptionist, was outstanding and thanks for taking care of me from the check-in until check-out.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bernard_b_h_w
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

What a comment !

I thank you so much for staying with us, and i conveyed your message to our team especially Chivit for his outstanding job. I cannot express enough how pleased i am when seeing our Resident left with fond memorable experience. thank you

I looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back home soon

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My stay at Retreat Villa from beginning to end exceeded all my expectations. Firstly, I would like recognize their incredible staff. Everyone was so respectful, professional, friendly, courteous and exceedingly helpful. They were extremely attentive and they treated all of their guests, including myself, very well.

I felt very relaxed, comfortable and content throughout the duration of my stay. The rooms were beautifully decorated with a contemporary design. The room smelt absolutely devine upon my arrival and I loved the 'Welcome' spread of flowers on the bed. The Villa really knew how to pay attention to all the details. It was very clean which is very important for me.

I really enjoyed sitting by the pool area at night. It is extremely calming and beautiful with the dim lights. It's a great place to have drinks or dinner with friends if you're not feeling to leave the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers, friends and family. Rest assured that the staff will offer an incredible service. In addition, they are very resourceful and will assist you with any travel plans/ sightseeing.

I appreciated all of their kindness and I will choose to stay here again provided that I ever make a trip back to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Hi there,

What a comment ! You witnessed what our staff has to offered. I thank you for a frank word your have shared in this forum. It makes our day so blessed once seeing our resident left with fond memorable experience with us. It is our duty of treating each and every one well while stays with us.

On behalf of the team i wish to extend my profound appreciation for choosing Retreat Villa as place of your choice and thank you for recommending our place.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights here as part of our honeymoon trip. This place is a real paradise. Much better then what I was expecting. This is a great place to come back to after a day touring the temples. The pool is very relaxing and the free massages are a huge plus! The hospitality is wonderful, the staff is very accommodating and do everything to make you feel welcome. It was a real pleasure meeting Sokthy, the hotel manager. She is a very nice lady and the rest of a staff clearly follows her lead. Sokthy even gave us a very nice parting gift. Pub street is about a 20 minute walk away which we found to be very nice. The tuk-tuks are cheap, but walking is also nice in order to check out more of the city. I would recommend Retreat Villa Boutique and Spa to anyone planning on spending a few days in Siem Reap. My only recommendation for improvement is that it would be great to be able to open the windows in the pool facing villas to let in some light, but still have some sort of mosquito net to control for the bugs. Small suggestion though considering how much time you spend outside your room.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the deluxe pool villas, you will be happy you did.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WideAngleLense
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you so much for choosing Retreat Villa as preferred choice. Delighted to hear of your great memorable experience you have had and we thrilled upon learning that we, Retreat Villa offered the total satisfaction to you. It nothing makes our day better and staffs smile besides seeing our resident left with fond experience after the stayed with us. I must thank you for sharing your value comment on this forum.

Thank you very much for your encouragement and recommendation our place to other and we owed you with a big thank you and wish, hope to welcome you back home soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Let me be very honest, starting this review with the fact that they have the best staff ever, they are helpful, very friendly and always smiling, the pool is huge and great after strolling around from the temples, but just have 3 pool chairs for a 17 rooms hotel. The Retreat is 10 minutes by Tuk-Tuk to the hot area in Siem Reap; Pub Street and Market Night Street. Sometimes we will find drivers that will know the hotel, sometime don’t. The place is super clean, and the smoothies are great, the staff assisted us planning our day trip and finding a driver/guide very quickly.

Some area that they need to work are; the amount of mosquitoes inside the rooms and outdoors is tremendous, the breakfast options were no that many; and the quality of the food is OK, Internet is a miss or hit situation.

I email the hotel 2 days before to be pickup at the airport and nobody showed for 30 minutes, when we arrived in the hotel, we were told that the driver was late, make sure that you have a plan B, the Tuk-Tuk was about $USD7, last something basic like towers was a shore as you need to ask and they give you just one, for the price and the competition in this area I was expecting a little bit more, I thing they need a little big more management.

The best part as I mentioned was the great staff, really hardworking people that just need a little guidance.

Room Tip: Make sure that you are in the second floor or in the pool area view, the first floor can get loud at...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

What a lovely words!

It means so much to our staff member heart to hear of how our Resident enjoy the moment and the great memorable experience offered by Retreat Staff in particular Chivit who did in his best capacity to ensure our resident feel this this is their home.

Your comment has well received by me, and the whole team of Retreat Villa for area of improvement, without those frank comments such as yours we cannot achieve our objective of making sure the resident will and always appreciated what we, Retreat Villa offered. Thank you

I, on behalf of staff member wish to extend our profound appreciation to you that chose our place of your choice during the recent trip in Siem Reap. We are looking forward to welcoming you back home soon no in far distance.