“The best guides and drivers for the most beautiful place I have ever seen”

Angkor Driver Guide Private Siem Reap Day Tours
Ranked #106 of 836 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Siem Reap Driver Day Tours provides daily private guided tours to Angkor area accompanied by experienced tour guides with English speaking drivers included modes of transportation such as Tuk Tuk, car and van to service for any preference.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I travelled to Siem Reap last week in an spontaneous trip with my brother and sister in law. As it was my first time there, I tried to book our tours in advance (one day before hahaha) and contacted MJ based on his outstanding reviews and I was not disappointed. He answered promptly to all my emails and cleared all my questions. Eventhough MJ was not available he organized everything for us. I visited Beng Mealea by myself and Angkor Wat and surroundings with my family.
I saw the "cattle tours" 20-30 persons with some bored guide trying to be listened. It´s such a big difference when you have your own guide, and it´s not expensive. Our guides Vanny and Chet were passionate about the history of these amazing places, answered questions and most important accommodated the tour to suit our needs. They will tailor the tour to everyone make sure you don´t miss any important spot, take pictures of you etc. Chet even carried my back when I was playing Indiana Jones at Beng Mealea !
Our driver Mr. Muy was super nice, always bith a big smile, driving very carefully his beautiful tuk-tuk. I´m telling you this tuk-tuk is brand new and superconfy.

What else can I say, i reccomend these guys 1000%

1  Thank Pilar E

Reviewed October 22, 2012

we are a group of eight and fortunate to have MJ and Sophi as our van driver and tour guide respectively who were both very warmth and accomodating plus our wacky group equals unending laughters and joy... very relaxing

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was entrusted with the task of reasearching tours. I did not want to disappoint my friend since he had done such a great job on booking our sweet accomodations. I booked a two-day tour for two people about a week beforehand. I found Mr. Jeat or "MJ" on trip advisor where he is highly rated. I also contacted several other companies. However, with MJ there was no doubt that we made an excellent choice and I'm very grateful for it.

MJ is a driver and he can arrange for any means of transportion you desire. We opted for the minibus with A/C. He is incredibly prompt in responding to you and will cater to any of your requests regarding places to visit or impromptu things to do e.g. stop for duck egg Cambo style (yeah I know). He lined up a phenomenal guide for us named Soikphai Cham. I can't tell you how much we lucked out with him. Soi, as he endearingly allowed us to refer to him, should be regarded as a UNESCO World Heritage site himself.

His intense training was palpabable as he took every opportunity to color our experience with fascinating facts about the temple complex, the country, and his own personal experiences. I marvelled at his command of the history, but what really got me was how evidently clear it was that Soi truly loved this place and loved introducing the world to it. This includes the many occasions he would recommend good photo opportunities to ensure we had a memorable experience.

We really got on well with MJ as he is probably the most amiable person you'll meet, which made us feel welcome and at ease. If you can, book ahead and request Soikphai. This dynamic duo will give you the experience of a lifetime and although top rated, their rates were a bit less than the top.

1  Thank vincent A
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I booked MJ via email in May. Unfortunately he was unable to meet us as planned due to an illness in his family. He did send an email the afternoon beforehand and arranged for another driver to pick us up on our first morning. I had previously visited Siem Reap in 2006 and had an air conditioned car. I preferred MJ's tuk tuk though. It was cool enough in the breeze and on the few occasions that it rained, we stayed dry. M.J. Had an esky of ice and cold bottled water waiting for us every time we returned from our exploration of the temples back to his tuk tuk. He also had ice cold refresher towels. We found that MJ had many itinerary options but was also flexible and it was always up to us as to what we wanted to do. We did venture out to a few far away temples and MJ had a van for us to travel in as it was not really practical to do in a tuk tuk. He took us to some excellent breakfast and lunch cafes which were clean and comfortable and served most delicious meals which were also very well priced. If you want a safe driving, English speaking, reliable driver - then I can highly recommend MJ and his friend Mr Kim.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

MJ is super-friendly and provided a nice, hassle-free experience touring Angkor Wat. He gladly accommodated special requests and routing-on-the-fly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to any one.