“Very friendly and helpful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Siem Reap Bat Hotel
Ranked #202 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Everyone here was extremely helpful starting when they arranged a taxi to pick us up at the border (Poi Pet) that made our arrival a lot faster and easier. The hotel is owned by a Cambodian couple that live there with their children both speak English as well as most of the staff all of them very friendly they even invited us and some other guests to her birthday party!
To go to Angkor Wat we hired one of their drivers for 2 days the first day we saw most of the temples except Angkor Wat and the second day we left the hotel at 4:30 to see the sun rise behind Angkor Wat, it was absolutely worth it to get up so early not only to see the amazing colors but also to enjoy the temple without many people.
Breakfast at the hotel wasn’t very good just a couple of toasts butter and jam, instant coffee and sometimes a banana.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were greeted by Keb when we first got to Bat Hotel and he was very nice and very helpful! We got to our room and it was clean the bed was comfortable with a small fridge and had free water. The Tuk Tuk driver Mr. Chin was amazing! He came to pick us up at 4:30am so we could watch the sunrise and waited for us the whole day! We were always greeted with a smile and a big wave when we walked out of a temple. Sophia the manager was also very nice to us and spent time chit chatting sharing music and stories about Cambodia. She even cooked an authentic dinner that was delicious one of the nights and invited a few of her friends to join us. We really felt like we were treated like friends not just hotel guests. It is a little bit out of town but it is on the way to Angkor Wat which we really liked and would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Location is far from center but rooms are ok (for 15USD per night). I had some problems with service and so did other people that I met in the hotel. I arrange a tuk-tuk for my guided tour to Angkor Wat the night before and remanded the reception stuff about this next morning before breakfast, but when I was ready to leave, I was told that I have to wait some 45min because no tuk-tuk was available, so i ended up leaving almost 2h later then planned (and arranged). That just wasn't nice. And i got no apology or explanation... they just didn't care. But once tuk-tuk arrived, it was a very nice tour with a great driver/guide!

But overal it was a nice stay and if they pay more attention to service (get more responsible and welcoming reception staff) I might stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Not my first stay. This time booked in advance with notice i would arrive. Well the Tuk-tuk was waiting, driver waiting with sign with name, all very clear.
Arrived, good room as booked and free breakfast. The english has certainly improved.

Good bed, Good Wifi, Good shower (warm water was actually managable, not a choice of hot or cold only) and free breakfast,

Ticket for the bus ok, pickup service worked this time. All good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ger G
Reviewed February 18, 2013

After taking the night bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok...hopping onto another bus from Bangkok to Poi Pet, haggling with the numerous moto taxis/shuttles and buses at the Thai/Cambodian boarder...finally reaching the Bat Hotel was a huge relief! If my cell phone had worked in Cambodia, I could have arranged transfer from the bus stop to the hotel, for free. But, it didn't, so I hoped in a tuk tuk, one of the many in Siem Reap, and found my way to the hotel. I was met at the front door by one of the staff members who offered me a cold drink and a moist towelette. The check-in process was super easy. The staff actually conversed with me while I sat on their couch sipping on my drink...where I was from, why I came to Siem Reap, which was very rare on my month long travels through Cambodia and Thailand. By chance, I was standing in the main lobby and Sophea, the GM, asked me if I would like to join her and two other guests from the hotel for dinner at the local Cambodian night market. I was glad I took her up on her offer. The meal was fantastic! Super Friendly Staff! The rooms are a good size and clean. WiFi works as advertised. Air-con is cold!!! Location to Angkor Wat is great! I highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The stuffs here are very helpful.Expecially the tuk tuk driver called Chann.He is good at English and very helpful.So does Sophia (the master of the hotel)! We've just booked a single room.But the hotel serves us a double room with anything you want,like the slipper,water and so on.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel 10-15 min from the airport and 5-10 min from the Old market. All the staff, with GM Sophia in charge, were excellent. Got something cold to drink when I checked in. Helped me with my trip to Koh Chang, Thailand.

Free pick up service with tuk tuk from the airport and to the Old market. My driver, Mr. Chann Khoem were excellent! Had him for my big tour around the temples too. Very nice and polite, and driving calm and safe. Even drove me to a local pub in the evening to show me the local side of Siem Reap. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2013