“great half day tour with KKO” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Countryside Mountain Bike Adventure Day Trips

Countryside Mountain Bike Adventure Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the real Cambodian countryside with all profits from your adventure going to a local vocational training and education centre. We will take you on an adventure through tourist free countryside – you’ll see a variety of traditional local activities by exploring a number of hidden temples where you won't need to pay and you won’t see other tourists! All this on Mountain Bikes across a range of different terrains.
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great half day tour with KKO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My family (wife and two boys 9 and 11) just did the half day country tour. We had a great time with our guide. You get to see the 'real' cambodia with a home visit and visits to other attractions. I would gladly go again...
Thanks KKO

Visited October 2012
1 Thank steve p

Brunete, Spain
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The best experience I had in Siem Reap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Don't ask me how I got to KKO during my Web research but I am extremely happy that I found them. I just had the best experience during my time in Siem Reap. In the last days I took two days to see most of the temples and I loved it, though the view you get by hiring a Tuck Tuck and the view you get during this bike tour is absolutely different, you get 40km of real adventure. With KKO you go to some of the famous temples like Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom but also to the less known ones and not using conventional routes but dirt tracks in the middle of the bush. They take you to see the temples from different angles that you would see them using conventional methods and using the dirt roads that no tourist take but locals, you visit tribal villages that no tourists go to, you have a real experience that has absolutelty nothing to do with massive tourism but real discovery. If you really want to see the real countryside get in touch with them, at the end of the day, they are not a business but they are helping local children to get a future by training them in English, Mechanics and Sewing, so what better investment for your money? You won't be dissapointed, promise.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank msilvacostas
Berlin, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Visit Cambodia? Don't miss the countryside- where ~70 of population lives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Last week while I spent some time visiting Siem Reap in Cambodia I decided to do a bicycle tour arrangend by the NGO "KKO". First I did the "Angkor Offroad Tour" and was so happy with it that I went with KKO on a tour the same week again ("Countryside Mountain Bike Adventure"). Please have a look on my recommendation for the other tour as well, where I explain some stuff (e.g. how I got to know KKO) further.

I think I don't have to say again that I strongly recommend that tour operator and the tour. I really had an interesting, educating and nice day.
Why?
The staff and guides of KKO are very professional. They are Khmer and (some) German people who really took their time to develop the concept of the bicycle tours in the Cambodian countrside. As the guide told me, around 70% of the Cambodian citizens live in the countryside and not in the cities, where most tourists like me spend their time. So I think it is necessary to get at least an imrepssion of the life in these parts of Cambodia as well.

Moreover, it is just incredibly interesting: To see how the people harvest rice, cook their meals under their houses (most Cambodian houses are on stilts), chat to each other and just do other stuff everybody does, gives an impression of the everyday life in Cambodia. You will see a huge variety of the local flora and fauna (I fell in love with the water buffalos), impressive pagodas, and may be asked, if you had eaten rice already (it is like when s.b. asks you "how are you?").

What I also liked is that the guides were very sensitive with the locals and try not to disturb their privacy. You just feel that the tour is a peaceful and responsible way to see the countryside, without making it a tourist attraction or a zoo where you can observe "wild locals". Furthermore, I had the impression, that the village people were happy to see us tourists visiting the countryside on the bicycle and the "real" Cambodia, instead of just seeing Angkor Wat and leave the next day. It also makes a difference for me if you sit in a big fancy car and look down to the people or if you go by bicycle.

The bicycles are best quality bikes and well-kept, it was very nice. In some areas, the dirtroads get quite muddy (it is rainy season) and so you need to get off your bike sometimes and push it. For me it was a lot of fun to drive all these countryside paths but if you don't like to get a little dirty you should think twice if you want to do this tour..;-) But all in all the tour can be adjusted for almost every person, I think. The guides are so nice and the groups so small (there were 2 others with me excluding the guide) that you won't have any problems to communicate your state of mind.

So- just go for it! At least for me it was a golden opportunity and I will never forget that day and my impressions.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Berenike S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique & amazing view of Siem Reap villages off the beaten tourist track!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We did the countryside village bike tour and it was so incredible. Great guides, beautiful countryside and humbling to see so many basic villages but with everyone so welcoming and smiling. Honestly the highlight of our whole Cambodia / Vietnam trip! - Dublin, Ireland.

2 Thank JoyDublinEire
Berlin, Germany
“My second experience with KKO! Again great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

During my stay in Siem Reap I've chosen KKO twice and did both the Angkor Offroad Trip where you need a ticket to get in and the Countryside Trip at the West Baray (around 25 minutes Tuk-Tuk drive from Siem Reap) which is outside of the Angkor park. I can highly recommend both trips, but esepcially the Countryside tour impressed me. Before I booked the trip KKO has given me a "No-Tourist-Guarantee" and they were right! We cycled through beautiful and remote villages, we saw local schools, houses and Khmer people while working on the rice fields. We also stopped at a real healer's and fortune teller's house. The fortune teller told me the future and my friend got a real fire cupping treatment. Furthermore we saw a big pagoda, passed by a local wedding and stopped for lunch at a Cambodian food stall. Actually it wasn't a food stall...it was more a table and four chairs at a Khmer family's house. Great expereince and very special.

If you are interested in an individual bike experience through extremely remote areas that includes three amazing temples, village life, lunch at a local family's house and fun on the mountain bikes join this small NGO called KKO. All your money goes to the NGO. The tour guides were high motivated and led us through the countryside very well. Bikes were in good conditions, they also provided water.

You won't make a mistake if you give KKO a small call!

Visited August 2012