“Supurb accomodation and staff”

Gloria Angkor Hotel
Ranked #129 of 344 Hotels in Siem Reap
Maryborough, Australia
“Supurb accomodation and staff”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here 6 months ago on my first trip to Siem Reap, and did not hesitate booking again for this recent trip. Once again the staff and service were welcoming and always helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable, the breakfast excellent and now they have a beautiful pool as well, which adds even more to the ambiance of this pretty retreat. Thank you so much to the wonderful staff, it was lovely to see you again, and I hope to return another day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I traveled in Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia for three months. Angkor Gloria in Siem Reap was by far the best hotel for value, service, and cleanliness in which I stayed in SE Asia. Comfortable air conditioned rooms with a combination safe. Sufficient free toiletries and extra towels upon request. Fridge and minibar in room. Flat screen with cable TV (HBO, CNN, BBC, and Fox) and a very good swimming pool and lounge area. Reasonably priced meals and drinks in the restaurant/bar. A very good complimentary "all-you-can eat" breakfast; eggs cooked to order (just ask).
Free use of computers in the lobby. Free bottled water, tea, coffee and snacks.
A massage parlor at the hotel.
Tuk-tuk service to the temples and "old market" at a very good price.
Not in the center of town, but easily accessible by tuk-tuk for 2 (two) dollars. From 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. the tuk-tuk service is free.
If you want to be around "Pub Street" 24/7 and be with other tourists that you can see and experience in your own country, then Gloria Angkor is not the place for you.
But if you want to experience Siem Reap and Khmer people, then Gloria Angkor is the best place. There is a very big local market about 10 minutes by foot from the hotel. There are also a few banks and ATMs within walking distance. Walk across the street and drink water from a fresh coconut and sit with the locals.
I am a single male and I like the nightlife. I also try to learn about the culture and people of the country that I visit. Gloria Angkor provided me with an opportunity to do it all. Hence, I went for a week and stayed a month.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jay j
Manchester
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful. Nicest staff ever, clean, cheap and stylish rooms. Never before have I been asked how my swim was. Fresh fruit every day, good restaurant and free tuk tuks into town. Loved it. So cheap as well at approximately $5-7 dollars a night

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank DanHenshaw
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We only stay for a night, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was ok.
The hotel isn´t luxurious but was just what we need to visit Seam Riep and Ankor Wat.
Very good for the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

For $15 per night I don't think I would have gotten a better deal anywhere else. The location is 2!kilometers away from the city center but this is not too much of a problem because you get free rides to the city center and back within their specified timeframe. The room is clean, spacious and has a large safety box. One quirk was that they did not have enough towels or a floor mat in the bathroom and that made things a little inconvenient, but that is easily solved by asking for mo towels. The towels while clean could use replacement. The staff is what makes this hotel shine. They are kind, courteous and go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. I think they could teach some seven star hotels a thing or two about customer service and courtesy. When I arrived they gave a nice little refreshing snack and took the bags off my hands immediately. And this was not limited to just check-in time. Every time I would return from a trip around the city or Angkor, they would give me a cold glass of water on arrival in the hotel. It's made all the difference to take some of the weariness away. Check-in was a breeze and I was shown to my room after I was done with my snack. They carried my luggage to my room for me and Ai didn't mind that at all because the room was on the third floor. You may think that their model is to make money by providing supplementary services. They do so and so do 99% of the hotels in these areas. However what I found is that their services are very competitive. Tuk-tuks are priced well for travel to Angkor and available when you need them. The spa has good prices for massages and the therapists are very good at Khmer massages. The housekeeping staff is always smiling and they will give you extra bottles of water when you ask for them, At checkout they again pleasantly surprised me with a small exit gift. Overall a great experience and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Can't fault this hotel at all. The moment we arrived, we were treated as valued guests. Our bags were taken from us, and we were given a welcome drink as well as some information on breakfast, tours the hotel operated and the different services available.

We stayed there for four nights and was a real pleasure. Room was airy, spacious, modern and very big. Bed comfortable. A.C. was powerful. Satellite TV with loads of channels. Mini fridge and mini bar. Safe in the room. Seperate bathtub with shower. PCs in the reception to use.

Pool was available to use and really enjoyed using it. Only ate at the restaurant once for lunch, but was tasty and again good service. We had massages there to pass some time which was nice.

What was really outstanding was the attitude of the staff. Two in particular - Mr Bun Sin and Mr Lau Weth were fantastic. They were really nice and in the evenings offered a turn down service with fresh fruit and a bedtime story which was a nice touch! Two young guys who are very passionate about their work and make the guests feel valued - they will go far if they keep up the service!

We organised a day trip to see the temples of Angkor using a tuk tuk and this was all organised through the hotel without hassle.

About the location - if you want to stay in the hustle and bustle of Pub St etc. don't stay here! I don't understand people complaining about the location when they can check before booking. It really wasn't an issue for us - went to Pub St and its surroundings every day/night for food, drinks and a cooking classs - FREE TUK TUK SERVICE between 6pm-10pm incl. return jouney so no complaints! Free airport transfer! and outside of those times its only $2 for a tuk tuk.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We booked on hostelworld and it was $20/night - cannot beat this value for the service you get offered. :) 5*

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suraj P
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed September 8, 2013

It's a home away from home.

The staffs including the hotel manager were extremely accomodating, helpful and cheerful too!

Just dial 0 if you need anything and they will bring it for you. I and my friends stayed there for two (2) nights and three (3) days. We reserved only for a standard room with two single beds, upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staffs who speak english very well. We informed them that there is an addition in the number of guest from 2 to 3 and they were quick to provide an extra bed free of charge. On the third day of our stay we checked out at 12 N.N., however, our flight back to the Philippines was still at 11 P.M. of the same day or more than 10 hours of waiting time, the hotel manager, aware of our predicament offered us a quarter to rest/freshen up while waiting for our flight. We also used their computers to surf the net to kill time. Some of their staffs entertained us with stories too. Upon Chek in and out, the staffs helped us carry our luggage.

The room was spacious, it has a flatscreen TV/a mini fridge/bathtub/hot and cold shower/fresh fruits/complimentary bottled water. Soft pillow/blanket and great AC. The hotel has a pool too where you can dip till 8 P.M. to freshen up after a long day walk at Angkor Wat Temples.

Coordinate with them regarding the tuktuk ride and tours, they have a lower price compared with the freelance tuktuk drivers/tour providers.

Enjoy your stay with them :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends