“Great value and great stay”

Gloria Angkor Hotel
Ranked #141 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Gloria Angkor for 2 nights only. One of the highlights of our stay was the excellent service provided by the Tuk Tuk Driver Mr Tra organized through the hotel. Mr Tra took us for a sunrise to sunset tour to see numerous temples in the Angkor. We had no difficulty communicating with him and he is so friendly! He offered us many bottles of cold water and towels.

In terms of the room, it's clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed! We are very satisfied considering the cheap rate. It would be a perfect room if our bed was made (they forgot it as they were very busy) and if the bathroom could be better maintained (leakage problem on the wall)! It may be just our room though (it's on the ground floor nextdoor to the restaurant).
The Khmer massage was very nice too! A must try!

Overall it's a very pleasant stay, all staff are friendly and they are always smiling! We even got a little scarf as a souvenir at the end of our stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Gloria Angkor Hotel

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've traveled fairly extensively, and this may be my favorite hotel I've ever stayed in. We had four people, staying in two rooms, which worked out to be about $12 per person, per night. The rooms were very clean, and the general quality of them - in terms of how nice the beds and bathrooms were, how well the air conditioner worked, etc. - was much better than similarly priced hotels I've stayed in on the rest of the trip to Cambodia and Vietnam. The staff is unbelievably friendly, and very helpful - Sophie, who works in the restaurant, is particularly funny and personable. They also have a lot of pretty nice services, including free breakfasts, free coffee and tea all day, free tuk-tuks to the city center in the evening, and lots and lots of free water - a nice touch when you're outside in 100 degree heat all day. I would highly recommend this place. The value for the money is fantastic.

Room Tip: No elevator, so maybe try to avoid the third floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2013

i really liked this place
the staff treated us really well
can rent a tuktuk and english-speaking guide
rooms were clean and cheap

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ahaha83
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I made six night reservation at this hotelbefore i arrived. I arrived one day late because my flight in china.missed its connections. I arrive at 11p.m . the front desk told me that my room was given to another person , and they had no rooms. I told him i had travelled over 20 hours, and prepaid in advance, but he kept telling me he had no rooms available. i told him to call the manager , he said he is sleeping and cannot be bothered. i was shocked by total disregard and not willing to help me. At that point i raised my voice and said i am going no where, and suddenly he said he has the do a extra room. complete unprofessional and idiotic. pay more and stay somwhere else. the breakfast was good. the front office desk people are lazy, and donnot want to be bothered

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank 848davidr848
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My first trip to Siem Reap, but hopefully not my last.
The hotel is beautiful and rather new, nice big rooms with good furniture and very friendly and helpfull staff, all around.
I needed my trip to be mostly about relaxing and some quiet time, which I got.
The hotel isn't placed in the city center, but there's always a "tuk tuk" ready to take You there or straight to sight-seeing if You need it.
I spent a lot of time at the hotel, either in the small front garden, the lobby, in the very cozy couches in the restaurant, in my room or on the long balcony at the end of each floor.
Across the road there's a couple of local street food places, where I ate quite a few times, as I've become used to from living in Hanoi 6 months. They close at 3:00 am, which can be convenient, I also stayed there for a few beers once in a while.
I had dinner at the hotel restaurant aswell and it was delicious everytime, but it costs a bit more.
Going to Angkor Wat for 3 days takes it's toll, especially if You are like me and wants the full tour, so I had massage all 3 days when I got back. I strongly recommend khmer message at the hotel, the legs were as new and I felt relaxed for a new day of walking around and climbing up the tempels.
The room:
The aircon, like the rest of the hotel, was almost brand new and worked like a charm.
Plenty of TV channels, a fridge, a nice bathroom with tub and a good bed, all I needed.

PS. The plug for my laptops power supply has 3 legs so it didn't fit into the electricity-socket, so bring a converter if You use 3 legged plugs. My Iphone etc. was charging just fine(2 legs).
PPS. A power cable got cut in Siem Reap during my stay, so all of Siem Reap went dark, but the hotel has it's own power-generator, which kicked in immediately, so it wasn't really a problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at Gloria Angkor hotel for 5 nights in January 2013.
We loved the clean hotel, spacious room, friendly service (daytime staff are better than night service), Bedtime stores left on the bed at night (really great touch), good fresh cooked breakfast and specially our assigned tuk tuk driver SaRoun. The hotel is little away from the busy Pub street scene which was perfect for us since the tuk tuk was available to go for dinner / dance shows and come back to a quiet sleep in comfortable beds at night.

You can either opt for room only, in which case please pay the driver who picks you up at airport or opt for the package deal. If you opt for the package, it includes the transfers to /from airport in tuk tuk as well as assigned tuk tuk driver for your entire stay. You get to know him and his family :) On our request, SaRoun took us to many non touristy shops where we bought wood statues and shadow puppets at very reasonable prices. We also drank TONS of sugarcane juice, coconut juice, and ate palm fruit and mangosteen by the roadside. Yes, it is perfectly safe and hygienic so give a try to local delicacies! He provided cold water bottles and clean cold towels after every excursion which was greatly appreciated. When we found out that he buys this water, we brought the water bottles from the hotel, and bought more.

We highly recommend this gem of a hotel !!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TJm0m0306
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was my 7th trip to Siem Reap, but first time staying at Gloria Angkor. This trip, my husband and I brought our parents, so we booked three rooms for 10 days. I've stayed at a wide range of hotels/guesthouses, ranging from very basic to expensive boutique and Gloria Angkor is my favorite for value. The rooms are excellent, the staff very nice and helpful and the location is great (quite, with lots of 'local' stuff around, but easy to get to anywhere). I will stay here again when I return in the summer.

Pros: Double-windows means there's zero street noise (I'm a very light sleeper so this is huge for me); excellent free hot breakfast (any time!); free evening tuk-tuks (very nice drivers that we used all day long); free bicycles (didn't use them though); nice, good-priced massage on-side, good restaurant (but a bit expensive); local market within walking distance; spacious, clean rooms.

Cons: stairway to get up to first floor room is very long and nearly all upstairs rooms have raised bathtubs (both of which were difficult for my aging father-in-law); not very many restaurants nearby; cleaning staff and turn-down service often leave the door open when they are in the room, which lets in lots of mosquito (I bought an electric mosquito killer at the market which really helped).

Notes regarding other comments: the drain under the tub is the condensation from the air-conditioner; you can pre-order a tuk-tuk if you know when you'll need on (it's unfair to the hotel to expect them to be catering to you alone, as if you're the only client they work for, and why one would ever blame the driver for a flat tire is beyond me)

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs or with big steps into bathtubs, ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family