All reviews tuk tuk no lift swimming pool free breakfast fried rice budget hotel the hotel is clean welcome drink mr driver massage laundry
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Excellent hotel, staff very attentive and helpful when planning trips out. I used the hotel tuc tuc service as it was easy,also the hotel offer free tuc tuc after 6pm till 10pm they will drop you off where ever you wont and pick you up at the same place. The hotels about 10 mins from town which at first i thought would be a pain but its not, it's worth being away from all the noise. Good choice at breakfast, plenty to eat, staff will make more when asked. I would use this hotel again.

1  Thank deeandfred
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having never traveled to Siem Reap before, staying at the Gloria Angkor made my visit easier and trouble free. Whether it was the front desk staff helping me add minutes to my Hello phone or plan tuk-tuk rides to various temple sites and downtown, the staff was always helpful, informative and gracious.

I stayed in a more Cambodian style room on the first floor and upon entering while I loved the look of it I was concerned about the bed. I find I cannot sleep if the bed is either too hard or too soft. I don't know what the mattress was made out of but though it felt "hard" I slept well through my entire trip.

The food at the hotel was good whether Cambodian (the ginger chicken was my favorite) or "western" (I enjoyed the club sandwich with a hard-over egg in it. It was delicious interpretation and their french fries were better than typical U.S. fries.). Their breakfast was an enjoyable mix of western and Cambodian food with plenty of luscious fruit that I came to realize is typical for Cambodia--if only I could get such delicious fruit back in California.

Their tuk-tuk drivers were courteous and well informed and I found myself using them whenever I could as I enjoyed the pace and openness of traveling by tuk-tuk. Furthermore their drivers were all very knowledgeable about the local area and the temples.

As I write this review, I realize that I also sound sycophantic but the truth is that from breakfast to dinner, from lounging around to using their wi-fi to arranging local trips to getting a massage, I don't have one bad word to say about this hotel or its staff. When I return to Siem Reap I will also be returning the Gloria Angkor and it's staff.

Room tip: If you have trouble with stairs and are not a light sleeper, you might want to stay on the their ground floor. It can get a bit noisy in the morning as you are closer to the dining room, but I didn't find it disturbing my sleep at all.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved this place, right from our tuk tuk transfer from the airport, friendly welcome, gorgeous rooms, and great all day breakfast. The hotel organised tours so quickly with no fuss and the location of the hotel was absolutely no prob as there were always tuk tuk guys around willing to drive you anywhere for a couple of dollars. We loved the guy who drove us around most of the time, Mr Van Tha! He was so helpful and took us all around the temples too. Would definitely stay here again. Plus the food in the restaurant was amazing!

1  Thank Tomas82
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I cannot still believe it cost us only 26$ per night! The service was great, rooms super comfy and clean. Breakfast was ok - had eggs, fruits and some Khmer dishes. Massages are a must do. Especially the foot massage. Got it twice! The arrange tuk Turks for 15$ a day - cheaper than hiring outside. They also have free airport pickup and drop and free drop to night market and old city. I felt I could live in siem reap for a month and not miss home!!

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank HungryBackpacker
Reviewed January 15, 2013

No wonder this place has received rave reviews and ranks this high - we sort of regretted moving out after two days, into a centrally located hotel with twice the price but half of the friendliness. My friend and I arrived on different flights and we both were picked up by free tuk tuk service provided and arranged by Gloria. Even when we wanted to go to another hotel they sent us on one of their tuk tuks. Room was extremely clean, shower and bath spacious with strong water pressure. Nice little touches like bedtime story on a piece of scroll, fruits and snacks, free coffee and tea. Breakfast is sufficient too. Wifi is the best. Previous reviews said wifi in room was weak but they must have upgraded coz it was the fastest we'd had in Siem Reap.
It is indeed a bit far from pub street or the city centre. They have free tuk tuk until 10pm so it wasn't the most convenient when need to enjoy a spa....
Tuk tuk hire for one day of small circuit is 13USD + 3 for sunrise.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends