“Fantastic Place To Stay - Great Service, Great Value!”

Gloria Angkor Hotel
Ranked #139 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Gloria Angkor for just over three weeks and really enjoyed my time there.

The staff are outstanding - nothing is too big of a problem for them.

The room are good, air conditioned, plenty of english channels on the TV, a couple of bottles of water each day and a nice selection in the mini-bar.

There is internet in the room which works great, or there are two computers downstairs if you don't have your own computer.

The breakfasts each morning are good and included with your room price.

While I was there (Mar/Apr 2012) the restaurant wasn't open but they had started advertising job vacancies so it might be open by the time you get there.

They offer free pick up and drop off at the airport, and the hotel has tuk-tuk drivers on hand who can take you to the temples and other sights in the area.

The only possible negative to the place is that it is a little way out of town. So if you're looking for somewhere where you can go out, have a meal and a few drinks and walk back to your hotel this might not be it.

But having said that, tuk-tuk's are so cheap and available that it isn't really an issue - I never used it myself but I seem to remember being told on check in that you can get a free ride into town with the hotel tuk-tuks between 6-10 (don't quote me on that)

I think you can also get massages in the hotel and there are push bikes available - again I never used these but remember being told about them when I checked in.

All up I really enjoyed my stay at the Gloria Angkor. I'd happily stay there again and would recommend them to anyone looking for good accommodation at a decent price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Craig C

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I've had the best time ar Gloria Hotell. The hotell manager was really caring and helpfull. Nice price and good rooms, clean, quite. Would recommend to every one I meet.

Only downside is the staff(except manager) was speaking poor English. But I don't think you can expect.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 2, 2012

nice hotel the staff is great, the food very nice, we had a nice time, the manager is doing a great job, the rooms very big, clean, internet not too fast, coffee free, is a good idea, in early morning, a good cup of coffe.............

the breackfast is too much, too much food hehehheh.

the massage in the room was good, also only 6 dollars................

we been 4 days in siem reap, the temples where amazing, the people nice, was a very nice holiday;;

dori and jocelyn.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2012

From the moment I entered the hotel, I was catered to. The manager greeted me and while they checked me in, I was given a glass of water with honey and lemongrass as well as a moist chilled cloth that smelled of jasmine. The hotel is very clean and my room was immaculate. The room is good size with modern amenities - a mini-bar, large screen tv, deep tub and toiletries. The hotel provided breakfast each morning, arranged a tuk tuk for my use during my stay, coordinated a massage for me, a tour of Angkor, did my laundry - oh, and had a pair of my pants mended! Full service all the way. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TraveljunkieJan
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This hotel opened recently and is very smart. It is very clean with excellent facilities and helpful staff. Although it is not in a central location, transport is easy to arrange. Highly recommended for the money.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at the Gloria Angkor Hotel, soon after it had opened as they were still in the process of setting up and changing the name (formerly Siem Reap Tonlesap hotel).

During our stay we found the hotel facilities to be fantastic, even better considering the price that is charged, with a complimentary breakfast, which was of good quality. Also there are 2 state of the art PC's in the lobby and printing and scanning facilities available, not to mention free wifi throughout the hotel.

The hotel staff were extremely pleasant and charming and the manager made himself available should we need anything that the staff couldn't get for us. The staff here are exceptionally nice, funny and attentive.

The hotel is not in the centre of town, but is simply a $2 tuk-tuk ride away (about 3mins). My partner and I had a great experience here and I could not give a higher recommendation of the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on both the first and second floor and both were excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank propergood
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was in Cambodia for a meditation retreat in Battambang and decided to visit Siem Reap before leaving the country. I stayed 2 nights at Gloria Angkor Hotel (old name Siem Reap Tonlesap hoel). The hotel open recently so all the furniture is new. Internet is fast. The staff speak english sufficiently. The hotel is not in the center of Siem Reap, but there is a free tuk tuk from 6am to 10pm to go downtown. The view from the top is wonderfull!! And the price is very cheap.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo