“Great Stay”

Ranked #126 of 486 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were travelling in a family of four and this is our first trip to Siem Reap and we had a great time partly due to the hospitality of the staffs of Check Inn Siem Reap. The rooms are clean and comfortable and most importantly there is free wifi. Our stay in Check Inn Siem Reap was very pleasant and restful, The staffs were very attentive, friendly and polite and they were always smilling. Our special thanks to Vireak, Doeun, Chhoeun, Sotty for making us feel at home. They were very knowledgeable and gave us good recommendations on the places to visit and the best places to sample Cambodian food. Our tuk tuk driver, Mr. Ly is friendly and accomodating and he really tried to fulfill our requests to take us around. The hotel is not in the heart of town and you will have to take a tuk tuk if you want to go into the town but we do not mind as the journey itself is an experience for us. If we visit Siem Reap again, we will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Riya2012, General Manager at Check Inn Siem Reap, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Pycsally,

I am happy to know that you had a great stay at the Check Inn Siem Reap and I am especially heartened to know that our friendly Team Members contributed to making your stay a warm and comfortable one.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Check Inn Siem Reap in the near future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is my honest to goodness review about Checkinn. Pub street is not within striking distance. We have to take tuktuks which costs around 4 USD everytime we want to chill at Pub st. It is situated in a street that houses a lot of beer gardens (the street name tells all). So if you prefer a hotel which is walking distance to Pub look for another hotel to stay or else you will have to spend.
I find the hotel on the average nothing fancy and I understand that. I actually didn't expect much as we would not anyway stay in the hotel the whole day. The staff were very nice to us and accomodating. They would assist you the best way they can. The tuktuk driver they provided for us was helpful except that we noticed he would bring us to places we never obliged him to go like massage parlor and antique shops. It's like in bangkok where tuktuk will try to convince you to go to this shop because they will get gas coupons... I don't know if that's the same practice in Siem Reap.
Interior of the room was typical to simple
3 choices for Breakfast ( Omelet, Sunny side up, and Hard boiled) eggs daily. I love the tea they serve really good!
Definitely there are Lots of rooms for improvement.
Would go back to Siem Reap but not on checking in on checkin. I prefer walking distance to Pub

Room Tip: I guess all rooms have the same interior
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JCBHOY,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your impressions via TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your input and apologize for any inconveniences you encountered with accessibility and room appointment during your stay. We strive to provide unique experiences in inspiring environments for each of our guests and we will utilize your comments as we continually work towards this goal.

We hope you will re-consider staying with us again the next time you are in the!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We found this hotel through Groupon and we decided to purchase the 4 days 3 nights package. We reached Siem Reap at 7.50am and we were brought to the hotel by the hotel tuk tuk driver. Upon arrival, they checked us in and informed us that we could go into the room eventhough it was only 8.30am. The staff were really helpful in suggesting on the daily itinerary when we were there and he would take us to all of the places at a cheap price (we did our research on the charges on the daily hiring of a tuk tuk and this is pretty cheap). The tuk tuk driver is very flexible and accessible. Once, we even messaged him on facebook to ask him to pick us up from the market earlier than the agreed time and he actually obliged and came to pick us up.Their room is very clean and they even had an aircond and a fan installed in each room. We could even access the wifi from our room. Overall I am really happy and will definitely recommend this place to my friends n family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmeliaSalahudin
Dear AmeliaSalahudin,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Check Inn Siem Reap, and that you found our team to be helpful. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I purchased a 3d2n deal with groupon and at first look, this place seems your typical B&B. But I was pleasantly surprised in my short stay.
First, the staff and Ms. Riya herself are great. They made me feel at home. The staff are knowledgeable of the temples and very attentive to my needs. Even though I found it difficult to understand the accent, I can tell that they put genuine effort to communicate with me. I'm very thankful for that.
Second, the room was adequate in size. It was clean and quiet at night. I seriously love the beds! The bedside lamp has a dimmer and the toilet was great. I was happy that they have so many channels on TV. They even provide hangers in the huge wardrobe and flipflops for toilet use. Wifi was adequate though I had to come out of my room since I stayed at the 2nd floor.
Third, breakfast was better than I expected. They serve fresh fruits too.
Lastly, the tuktuk driver was friendly and polite, took me to anywhere I wanted at a very reasonable price.Always offered helpful tips and cool water. :)
Overall, I was very happy with my stay and will highly recommend to friends.

Room Tip: If you are interested in body massage, just ask the receptionist. Room service massage was the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Cqdt,

Thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for choosing to spend such a special holiday occasion with us!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay in the Check Inn Siem Reap, and that you had the opportunity to experience our legendary Cambodian hospitality. We very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Check Inn Siem Reap again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

made a booking with Check Inn with a Groupon offer that I purchased previously. Did lots of reading on reviews done by previous guests in Check Inn via various sources. My experience turns out as well as what I have read if it is not better than them.

Employees attitude,
Due to being a solo traveller to Siem Reap, Cambodia, much of my time is more opened to know more locals and I'm super glad to have known some employees of Check Inn. They are so sincere and caring towards our needs. Also, they are happy to offer their help to introduce more local stuffs to us. More delighting, I had some good conversation with them and we talked about various topics.

Not to forget, I would like to thank Vireak, my tuk tuk driver for 3 days very much.
He is a kind employee that puts himself into the shoes of guest and make a nice tour arrangement with reasonable fare. Bravo!

Room quality,
Room is spacious enough. Comfortable with adequate basic room accessories. To add on to the excellence, Check Inn may consider installing at least one more plug to ease multi power plugging at one time and provide basic electric kettle / water boiler. I'm amazed with TV programs of up to 80 TV channels. To ease our time in searching our favourite program among all the variety, Check Inn may invest some time in creating a list of TV channels with their respective numbers to search perhaps. =)

Location,
It is comparatively a bit far from pub street and the market. However, fear not! They provide good bike with good dynamo light that lights up the road path for safety reason. Take some courage and tour the lovely town with free bike provided. It just takes 10 minutes to reach the main attraction area from Check Inn.

All in all,
It is a 100% satisfaction experience with Check Inn. Thank you, Check Inn!

I hope you and your employees are blessed with good health and luck!

Thank you.

A Malaysia solo traveller boy that learns a lot in Cambodia.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor for good wifi connection!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jiun92
Dear Jiun92,

Thank you for the rave review of your Cambodia's visit to the Check Inn Siem Reap!

We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Caerdydd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were so glad to have knowledgeable, polite and helpful staff when visiting Siem Reap. It was our first time in Cambodia and we may have been lost without them. The Check Inn hotel is excellent value and the facilities are perfectly adequate. It is only a short journey in a tuk-tuk to the shops and restaurants. We have many great memories of our visit. Thanks to all at the Check Inn Hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Oergell,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our hotel. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Check Inn Siem Reap in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had a great deal of room package purchase frm groupon. Room were clean. Breakfast were superb. Staff are all friendly & helpful. Hotel location were near to Angkor Wat & War Museum.. Hotel Surrounding were very quite..suitable for relaxing.. Walking distance restaurant..

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fatimahrazak,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you found the location and service of the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!