“Best Budget Hotel ever”

Ranked #118 of 483 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia
“Best Budget Hotel ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I get to know and booked under Check-Inn due to the promotion in Groupon. Later on, i get into contact with their manager Ms Riya and seriously OMG~ she was really helpful in helping me to arrange the bus to Phnom Penh, suggesting 3days itinerary in Siem Reap and even helped me to book hotel in Phnom Penh under the reservation of Check-Inn. It was a family trip of my family with my aunties along and there were 11 of us. Without getting a ground tour and tour guide, we planned our trip with the help from Ms. Riya's husband (Ms. Riya gave birth to a baby girl one week before my trip.) i felt so secure throughout the whole trip with the help from Check-Inn. The rooms were clean, staffs were extremely friendly and nice, one of them can even speak simple Chinese =) their breakfast was nice and we get to try their Cambodian noodles as we requested for it..(How can you ever get to request breakfast in any other hotel?)
It would be better if they could provide kettle and cups in each room so that we can make some drinks whenever we want without calling up the reception to ask for it..Overall, it's the best budget hotel i ever met!! Great job!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Quek29
Riya2012, Owner at Check Inn Siem Reap, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Quek29,

Thank you for your valued feedback. I realized that this has taken quite number of your busy time for you to write this excellent comment and I am particularly happy to be part of your assistance prior your trip to Siem Reap.

Indeed, I am regret that I didn’t manage the time to meet you personally while you are at our hotel. I am actually still in the maternity leave  Nevertheless, I’ve taken note to point mention about the kettle and cups in each room; we will look to improve this amenities.

Once again, thank you for your support and our most sincere appreciation for your valuable feedback.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Generally, the service provided were brilliant. The hotel staff and tuk tuk driver were very helpful. It started off with the owner giving us feedback to workout on our itinerary. Very patience and helpful guy! It is highly recommended to people to stay here if you looking for a value for money hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Riya2012, Owner at Check Inn Siem Reap, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Greetings Tys1101,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback on your recent stay with us and I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Siem Reap again in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

1. as Muslims, we had no difficulties or discomfort staying at Check-Inn Siem Reap. our room was lovely, our complimentary breakfast was lovely and the staff were all very lovely too. there could be a possibilty for us to come back here.
2.on another note, we would advice for other muslims to bring their own snacks and instant noodles / coffee.

headsinclouds.wordpress.com

Dear aimi s,

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay at Check Inn Siem Reap. Your positive comments will definitely encourage all to give our best and to strive for excellence in providing the finest to our guests.

Selangor, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I'm used to friendly hotel staff, but none of them have been as attentive and efficient as Check Inn's staff. Throughout our stay, we're always greeted with a warm smile, and all our needs are anticipated and attended to as swiftly as they can manage. The hotel manager Ms Riya has been absolutely helpful since I placed my booking several months back, promptly replying any of my questions about travelling in Siem Reap, as well as helping us secure a wonderful tour guide for Angkor Park and seats in a bus to Phnom Penh (it was an excellent bus with working Wi-Fi). Unfortunately, we did not get to meet Ms Riya as she was on maternity leave. Nonetheless, the other hotel personnel went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. The tuk-tuk driver stationed at the hotel was also our life-saver! He provided us with bottles of cold water amidst the sweltering heat, and went around searching for us when we took too long to reach the place we have arranged to meet (my sprained ankle slowed us down). All in all, Check Inn was the relief that we could look forward to every night, after a day of amazing but exhausting adventures in Siem Reap.

The only downside is that the hotel is a little too far from eating spots (the surrounding shops are mostly KTVs with skimpily-dressed girls hanging out at the entrances). However, a round trip with tuk-tuk to the food haven Old Market simply cost $4. The hotel is also around 15 minutes walk away from the Angkor National Museum.

Thanks Check Inn for the fantastic experience! By the way, kudos to your chef for the tasty scrambled eggs breakfast - I usually hate eggs, but I finished every single bite of the meal!

- Li Mei

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Limei F,

Thank you for providing us with your favorable feedback via TripAdvisor.Com during your recent stay with us. I realize this took time out of your day and for that I am appreciative.

I am delighted that your stay with us was a very pleasant one and it is indeed our pleasure to consistently deliver quality service to our guests. I will be happy to share your comments with the team members.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Over-all, the hotel was good and cozy, the hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating, even our dear tuktuk driver, who was also our tour guide during our stay was very nice and gave us enough time to go around the temples and market for shopping. The only thing I didn't like with the hotel was that the phone was not working. I tried to call my sister in the other room but it always directs me to the reception, so I had no choice but to go out and knock on their door. If you could have a pool and other recreational activities, this would be awesome.
My friend will be travelling to Cambodia soon, and I have recommended your hotel to him including the places to go. Please expect him to book a room in the coming months :)
To Ms. Riya, congartulations on your baby!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings Sanchez,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide TripAdvisor feedback on your recent stay experience at the Check Inn Siem Reap.

I will pass on your comments to the team members and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This Hotel is amazing and the owners go out of their way to make you welcome....
We had a wonderfull couple of days here...
Its a short ride by tuk tuk to the night market and old market
Thank you sooooooooooooo much Riya and staff..
I expect the baby has arrived by now enjoy.
Dee and Syd

1 Thank deeroots1
Greetings deeroots1,

Thank you for your positive comments, we are very happy to hear you had a great experience but most importantly our services and facilities met with your expectations.

I will be happy to share comments to the team members and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

A very, very good hotel, with exceptional staff. We were met with drinks by very friendly staff and members of the family who were more than helpful. The whole experience was the best I have come across travelling around Vietnam, Cambodia,Thailand and Malaysia.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Hope the owners wife, who was a lovely charming lady has now given birth to a beautiful baby!

Room Tip: I would recommend any room in this hotel.