“Delightful Hotel right amongst the city life”

Angkor Sayana Hotel & Spa
Ranked #99 of 344 Hotels in Siem Reap
Sydney, Australia
“Delightful Hotel right amongst the city life”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I had three wonderful nights at Angkor Sayana.The hotel is garnished with the most beautiful timber,this gives it a true Cambodian feel.It is situated right on the river and only five minutes from the Markets ,ATM and many eateries.We had Dinner at the Cambodian Foriegn Correspondents Club just over the river,highly recomended.The breakfast was delicious with a wide selection of hot and cold.The Staff were very helpful and friendly.Overall this hotel is a gem.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the Street and river were nice with french doors and a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pav54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Angkor Sayana Hotel and Spa. My friend's and my flight arrived about 9:30 in the evening. A driver from the hotel picked us up at the airport and we were at the hotel by about 10:15. The setting is not quite as glamorous as the photo on their web page, but my "River-view" room, did indeed overlook the river. I loved the double wooden-framed doors that opened onto my balcony. Lighting was good and I was able to charge my tablet and smartphone with no problem. The wireless internet was also good. I wasn't able to stream music, but I could surf and check e-mail just fine. Water pressure in the room was also very good - a must after a hot, steamy day of sightseeing. The room was clean and spacious and the A/C worked well. The mattress was very hard, but I admit I slept soundly.

The breakfast buffet (included in the price of the room) was not the fanciest, but there were plenty of choices, everything was fresh, and they cooked your eggs to order.

The staff were also gracious and helpful. And I will always remember that since we had a late afternoon flight, they held our luggage for us and let us borrow a room that afternoon (after we checked out in the morning) to grab a quick shower and get cleaned up before heading to the airport for the first leg of a long trip back to the U.S.

For the price I would highly recommend Angkor Sayana Hotel and Spa!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Susan D
Makati
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at Angkor Sayana Hotel from August 1-4,2013. From their complimentary airport pickup to the service of the hotel staff it was excellent.All the staff were so accommodating and friendly especially Napha who even arranged rooms for us to shower and refresh even after our checkout time. since our flight was still in the evening. The Rooms were well appointed,good lighting and the beds were firm,really had good sleep during the 3 days.We had a sunrise tour at Angkor wat on our 4th day and we had to be up at 4am and out by 430am We just informed the desk and they had packed breakfast prepared for us and it was substantial .You can even request them to reserve for you in the restaurants you prefer to dine and for the Apsara dance shows .And did I mention the hotel's proximity to Pub street? it takes 10 minutes to walk and 5 minutes via tuktuk.Overall,I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends who will visit Siem Reap.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 640Shoelover23
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed August 6, 2013

On arrival we were greeted promptly. It took a little long to check in. The hotel is relatively new and I would say they should review their check in process as it was a little off-putting for an American. The lobby is over abundantly wood and carvings. Kind of dark but dramatic. The room was also abundant wood. Simple but comfortable. If you're looking for American Style this isn't it. Great location. A short walk to the touristy and market area of Siem Reap where there are plenty of restaurants and shopping. Arranged a tour(really more like transportation to our desired locations.) through the hotel. Maybe a little expensive but comfortable.. Although they wouldn't give us a late check out (our departing flight was 6:30 PM they did let us use a room to shower and change at the end of the day before driving us to the airport.

Room Tip: Request a river view high room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richsan51
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here with our two little girls in the Family room and it was great. Above and beyond service - the staff are so friendly and accommodating. Clean room, great service, good location - couldn't be happier. Would definitely recommend to anyone travelling to Siem Reap.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Szemsjai
usa
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough great things about this hotel. We originally booked it because of location, rates and good reviews... And I can't say that I'm at all disappointed. What made this hotel great was its charm and the very helpful staff. Every part of the hotel had personality and the wood carvings made it feel refined and relaxed. The staff was very helpful from dinner recommendations to booking tours to making sure the tuk tuks knew where to take us.

They picked us up right from the airport and check in was a breeze. Location was great - 10 minutes (max!) walking distance to all the major shopping and eating. We booked our first day's tour through them and was thrilled with our guide. Rooms were charming, kept clean and fully functional. Breakfast wasn't the most extensive buffet I've been to, yet had all the major items like eggs to order, local fruit, breads/jellies, etc.

Once I discovered the spa, I was there everyday...

Hang up: we visited during election time and the hotel isn't exactly buffed for sound. We could occasionally hear the rallies and promotional trucks. In the end, we rely didn't mind and chalked it up to the 'whole experience'.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank quan_campbell
Irvine, California
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We (family of 4) spent 3 nights at the Angkor Sayana Hotel and spa. We reserved a deluxe family room, which is two interconnecting rooms. The rooms are clean, big and comfortable. The booking included airport pick up, one day tour, dinner in the hotel for one night and daily breakfast.

The location is great : 5 minutes or less walk to pub street, night market, old market area

The service staff is very friendly and helpful. We arrived late (around 11 pm); the airport pickup was flawless;the staff was able to make late arrangements for tour and guide for the next day. They were very friendly and helpful and accommodating of our special requests.

The hotel-provided tour guide was very knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family