“Vanith Rocks”

Angkor Guide Online Day Tours
Ranked #289 of 821 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you wish to visit Cambodia and in particular, the spectacular temples of Siem Reap, while discovering the local ways of life and venture into unique sights, avoiding the typical tourist traps? If this is the case, I am your guide. My name is Vanith Hoeum and it is here in Siem Reap where I was proudly born and have spent many years to provide exciting and amazing tours for independent adventurers In Siem Reap and around Cambodia. I am an Official Tour Guide licensed by the Ministry of tourism. University educated, I am fluent in English.
Beijing
“Vanith Rocks”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Vanith is the perfect guide: charming, patient, knowledgable and flexible when it comes to the mercurial needs of the ocassionally demanding traveler. For starters, he is a pleasure to be around, always smiling and proud to show you the sights in Siem Reap. He is also eager to tell you his country's history -- good and bad. His English is also excellent,

Because he knows the temples so well,he can design a tour that minimizes contact with the hordes. In fact some of the sites he took us to were deserted, save for a few monkeys. Although it's possible to visit Siem Reap without a guide, the experience is so much less meaningful without a guide like Vanith.

Visited January 2013

• Thai first
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Vanith - Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were in Siem Reap for only a week and we left the organisation of our Temple tours to the last minute. On a friend's recommendation we contacted Vanith who promptly replied to all our emails. He was extremely busy but took time to fit us into his schedule at the last minute. We were relieved as we didn't want to spend all that time finding another good one.

The thing that struck me foremost with Vanith was his passion and love for his country and what it has to offer. He was full of information and stories about all the sites. He even knew where the good spots were to take photos at each site which was great. Always friendly and helpful, it was a pleasure to have Vanith as our guide and friend. Highly recommended!

P.S We highly recommend that you go with Vanith by private car than by Tuk Tuk. The car's air-con provided some relief as you travelled between sites and Vanith and his driver was generous enough to provide an esky of ice cold water bottles for you to drink through the day.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Vanith - everything we could ask for in a guide, and more!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We booked Vanith after coming across the glowing reviews posted on tripadvisor and could not agree more. Our tour of Angkor / Siem Reap was seamless and trouble-free, all thanks to Vanith. He responded quickly to our emails and tailored the tour to our needs (e.g. no sun-rise starts!), interests and wants (e.g. shopping!). We were worried about the potential for overdosing on temple sight-seeing with all the intense temple-hopping that we had planned but in the end, our worries were unfounded! Vanith was never in a rush, never overloaded us with information and incorporated well-timed lunch / afternoon hotel breaks into our tour schedule to allow us to rest & re-energise; this truly allowed us to appreciate the temples and their beauty & serenity. In a nutshell, Vanith is very patient, professional, knowledgeable (in the history & culture of Cambodia), and of good temperament - always has a smile on his face! He was always very punctual to pick us up from our hotel, and never kept us waiting. We highly recommend Vanith as an English-speaking tour guide for visiting Angkor and surrounding areas. As well as being a great tour guide, he is also a great photographer ;) and his charges are very reasonable! Many thanks to Vanith for making our holiday a wonderful one.

Visited December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Vanith is your gateway to Angkor!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I saw the amazing reviews online and decided to engage Vanith's services. I only decided to engage a guide 1 week before my trip to Siem Reap and was extremely delighted at Vanith's prompt reply to my emails on how my 4 day 3 night trip could work out.

Though my flight was delayed, Vanith waited patiently (2 hours) for us.

Vanith is systematic in planning the trip following a good timeline of chronological order of the temples and palaces he showed us.

He played best to the interests of us. I like to take pictures so he would showed me the best spot to take the pictures, for example taking reflections of the temples and other scenic spots.

His vast knowledge of history and culture made the trip extraordinary and helped the both of us appreciate the Angkor and Khmer rich history and cultures.

He has in depth knowledge to the carvings found on temples, the story they depict; things which guidebooks may lack. Also he is kind to share his lifestyle and his story which we appreciate a lot.

Vanith is also an accomplished climber, scouring the steep stairs of the temples, that helped us a lot especially my wife and I were afraid of heights.

His driver is prompt, always offering us water to hydrate ourselves under the scorching heat. Air conditioned car to help cool us when we return from each trip.

I would highly recommend his services to all who wants an enriching cultural and historical trip to Siem Reap.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful experience in Siem Reap, Cambodia”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I found a wonderful tour guide in Mr Vanith Hoeum thru' Tripadvisor before we decided to book this tour. I must say that right from the start when we first initiated an email correspondence with him that he has been very patient with our numerous enquiries, request and modifications, and all our ground arrangement was well taken care of. We find him to be very professional yet friendly with a touch of funny characteristic. At times we made special request to bring us to restaurants and massage place of our choice to which he would oblige and even attempted to call them to make sure they open for business if he's not sure. Such is his positive trait that I must commend. In short, I must concur with what has been written about him by others in the Tripadvisors. Lastly, my wife and I wish him well and keep up with the good work, and one day fulfilling his dream to embark on a uniformed career. Cheers!

Visited September 2012