“Great cafe in siem reap”
Review of Upstairs Cafe - CLOSED

Upstairs Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Upstairs Cafe, a French Salon de The opened in December 2011. The story behind this project is very simple, combine two of my favorite hobbies, decoration and baking for my friends, in one place. I would like to share with you my Mum and Grandma's recipes. These simple cakes lulled my childhood, they are all prepared with lots of love (and the best ingredients !) In addition to serving homemade cakes, delicious TWG teas and Illy coffees and refreshments, Upstairs Cafe also offers a few options for breakfast and specials for a light lunch .
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a great cafe if you have a few hours to waste and relax. This cafe makes you feel that you're back at a western countries cafe so dont come here if you want to feel like you're still in cambodia but do check it out if you're missing the cafe scene back home. The flourless chocolate cake is great. Iced coffee was very average. The granola and cheese sandwich wasnt bad. The price is quite high for what we got but thats expected i guess

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Love the scrambled eggs. My chocolate cake fix was fixed. Nice place to relax. Was there for about three hours. Kind of hard to find and the motodops and tuk tuk don't know where it is and i asked them in Khmer. But was worth the find when I finally found the place.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Cafe culture is still a developing concept in this part of the world, so we were very glad to discover Upstairs Cafe early on in our one month stay.

The coffee is the best we had in Siem Reap - and we tried them all - a big statement coming from a Melbournite. The cakes were all superbly fresh, the Chocolate Fondant cake simply divine.

The service is polite and efficient, and the general feel of the place is bright and relaxing which makes you want to stay all day.

Special mention goes to the daily quiches - the best I've had since the little patisserie near my Grandmothers house in Cotham Rd, Kew all those years ago...

1  Thank TheEscapeGoat
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Came here twice during my stay in Siem Reap. Very friendly staff and lovely relaxed atmosphere. Not as cheap as some places but good food and decent portion sizes. Also a great selection of teas and good books/magazines to read on a quiet afternoon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Went on a hot afternoon to get a coffee fix. Very creative place although inside doesn't get a lot of ventilation. Cake shelves were made from old window shutters.

Try the cappuccino! Got the flourless chocolate cake which was ok.