La Niche d'Angkor Boutique Hotel
$88
$53
$225
$48
Golden Temple Hotel(Siem Reap)
$49
$89
  • Breakfast included
$120
$117
$39
$31
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspub streettuk tuktropical plantsbanana pancakesgreat poolold marketquiet streetangkor watlarge swimming poolquiet oasisa ground floor roomclose to townstayed here for nightstriple roomhotel poolmin walkrooms are spacious
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

If you need a central yet quiet place to stay with a great pool area, this is it. We were here over New Year and the staff were very welcoming and 'jolly'. The free beers were the best part of the free new Years eve meal. It doesn't have a high quality restaurant.Still they make up for it in other ways.
It's a safe 5 minute walk to the markets and pub street and the staff are friendly.
A few nightcaps before sleep helped to soften the beds.
Good sized balconies. The school nearby starts at 7am 6 days a week, but it's not such an issue.
We'd recommend to the hotel that they pay greater attention to mopping the dark floors.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The rooms in this hotel were pretty nice, good bathroom. The shower is slippery though, and the beds were a little hard. The pool is quite nice, calm and clear. The restaurant however is not very good, I would not recommend going there for a dinner or lunch. The waiters hardly speak any English and messed up the order twice in a row. I ask for a chicken nuggets and they gave me breaded sweet fish. This is the dialog that the waiter and I had after getting and trying the chicken nuggets. I say " What is in these chicken nuggets." Waiter says " Yes!" Then I say "What is inside the nuggets" Then he says " Yes." After that I ask him slowly " What inside nugget" Waiter says " Sweet fish!" Then I say " but I ordered chicken nuggets." Then he says " It is nugget!" After that I just gave up. Other than that the hotel was pretty good. This is written by a thirteen-year-old kid.

Room Tip: All Rooms have a good amount of A/C.
1  Thank Kid Travelers E
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Quiet, comfortable and clean rooms at great value. All amenities provided including a wooden safe deposit box. Laze around the pool to rest your tired feet after exploring the temple ruins. I enjoyed the buffet especially the mangoes, noodles and good service. They will pack your breakfast to go when you leave early morning to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat. Ask reception for mosquito spray. A bit off center from Old Market which is a 10 minutes stroll. Tuk tuks are available at the hotel entrance for $1 per person to Pub Street and Night Market. There are 3 French restaurants nearby, Barrio, Paris Saigon and Alliance. I would suggest Barrio which is a 200 meters walk.The hotel is named after Phalla and his wife Nich = La Niche. We love their 5 year old daughter Sonama who entertained us with her skeleton dance!

2  Thank Archangel3
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed with my family in this boutique hotel and had a grand time. Old Market and Pub St is just a short tuktuk ride away and even walking distance. It is lush with tropical plants and is a welcome change from the typical hotel atmosphere. Check-in was a breeze and this was great as we arrived late at night. Kudos to Phalla who patiently answered all my email inquiries when I booked this hotel. He also arranged the rental of the hotel van for the itinerary I prepared for our trip. The staff are very helpful and courteous.
The rooms are clean and spacious. I loved that they had a separate shower and bath. Airconditioner worked well. It was quiet at night and we all had a restful sleep.
Breakfast buffet selection was ample and delicious. Apart from the buffet you had a choice of continental breakfast, pancake or noodles. We also had dinner at the restaurant and the food was delicious and prices were reasonable.
The pool is awesome. It was wonderful to take a dip after all the temple tours or just chill out in their lounge chairs.
We availed of their 4 night package which included hotel-airport transfers, daily breakfast, 1 free dinner and 1 hr massage for each of us. All in all it was a superb experience!

2  Thank aeg1217
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The rooms are modern, comfortable, very clean and complete with flops and clean robes for guests to hang out it. One of the best beds I had in SE Asia. The smiling hands-on owner and his family are always present with their staff, and bend over backwards to accommodate. As a single female travel, it was a really great to be here. I felt safe and welcomed like family. While it's simple, it's also very sheik and modern. It's a perfect place to stay away from the crowd- very boutique. There are many of the better reviewed places to eat right around the corner. I think this area is more up an coming, so it has lots of local feel with the newest restaurants. I loved the quiet setting, because honestly, after a full day of temples, all one can do is collapse by the gorgeous and clean spa-like setting pool. On that note, do not underestimate a hiring a guide for the temples. I went my first day solo and felt lost in the temples with camera, guidebook, and the insanity of the heat. The next 2 days I have a private guide, and it was excellent. What an education! It took the stress off of needing to read up...b/c it's a lot! If you can swing it, a guide and private tuk-tuk can be arranged by the front desk. I used the kind and wonderful Mr. Ra, and cannot recommend him more!! He became both friend and brilliant teacher. Best of all, he was so smart when it came to navigating the timing of the crowds of the temples while accommodating what I wanted to see. Again, ask for Mr. Ra, I know he books up, so you may want to call and reserve him.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor they are brand new as of Fall 2012
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo