“First Visit Siem Reap”
Review of Im Malis Hotel

Im Malis Hotel
Ranked #315 of 502 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is my first visit 2 Siem Reap. My friend has booked this hotel 4D3N. Freindly property with kind attitude team work staffs. Room rate is reasonable.
Location is pretty, About 10 Minutes walk 2 The Old Market. There are many native restaurants around the corner. Tuk Tuk Service located opposite.
My conclusion: If u like 2 experience Siem Reap. This is my recomment property.
Finally, Mr.Savan and his team are outstanding service provider.

Room Tip: I hv experineced a wonderful Tuk Tuk Driver Service. My driver has overload service attitude. Do n...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Im Malis Hotel

Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was a pleasant stay with an extremely friendly staff. I was treated as well as a 5-star hotel in America. The breakfast included eggs with smiling waitresses. I could not believe how happy these people were compared to the snarls received in America for 10x the price.

Value was fantastic.

Room Tip: Make sure you check on the upper floor if you are a late riser.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I needed a economy place to stay in Siem Reap for some business I had and found Im Malis on Agoda for an excellent price. I found the hotel CLEAN, the room was cleaned and made up every day I was there, never saw any Geckos (this is Asia) and even if they were there they eat Mosquitoes (again I never saw any insects). The breakfast was a little Spartan but plenty of hot coffee all day long if needed. The staff were friendly and helpful and arranged a good Tuk Tuk driver for my stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It is a dirty place: we chenged two rooms and both had very dirt towels. The room and the bathroom were full of insects and geckos.
Breakfast was terrible: cold coffe and old bread.
service is very poor: they smile a lot but will nto do anythign to solve your problem ( we asked to arrange a car and they forgot about it ).
Only positive point is the price: it is very cheap.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pereppo
Savun C, Manager at Im Malis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Pereppo Milan,

Warm Greeting from Siem Reap Angkor Wat Temple of Cambodia.

Thank you very much for your taking you valued to share your real experiences the Review. I do appreciate your kind and constructive feedback on our services and facilities during your stayed with our hotel on your holiday.

On behalf of the Manager at Immalis Hotel, we are very sad that we were not able serve you a good service during stayed with us,Siem Reap.Cambodia.

please allow me to explain you that our staff (Housekeeping) has tried to clear in the room and towel every day but I do not understand in your room has dirty no clean because we have floor supervisor to check on the arrival and in house guest.other hand, for the coffee we always serve and hot no cold at the restaurant accordingly.

I am very sorry to you that missed to arrange car service. Same time, as my staff english is not good & new staff not understand from you,what your mean, certainly,I hope you will be understand for this one.

Once again, thank yo so very much for your constructive comments & we will be try to change amenities & clean our hotel's room more to become very clear hotel.

Have a wonderful day to you!

Thanks & Best Regards,

Management
+855 12 46 11 29

Reviewed February 18, 2013

It is in a pretty good quiet location, easy to walk everywhere. But the management is a disaster, between shifts no on really knows anything going on ever. I have never felt more lied to by hotel professionals. For the price and most basic amenities it was an ok stay but it was nothing more then a bed, bathroom and free bananas. There were daily occurrences of strange things happening in the hotel from people getting kicked out to people demanding money. There are much better places to stay in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I arrived at Siem Reap later in the evening and the receptionist couldn't find my booking so I was moved to another hotel for that night - about 5 min tuk tuk ride away. The next morning after breakfast I was able to move back. Breakfast was included in the hotel price and it was basic but nice. Coffee and tea are available the whole day.
For the first 2 nights I had one of the rooms behind the reception. I was worried it could get noisy in the evening, but it tourned out to be fine. For my last 2 nights I was moved to one of the rooms on the 3rd floor, which didn't have any windows but I didn't have a problem with that. Both rooms were just big enough for 2 people.
The hotel in on a quiet street with few little local restaurants on it. There is also few bike hire shops and that is a perfect way to go round the town. Bike hire cost is 2 dollars per day.
It takes about 10-15 min walk to the night market and to the Pub Street and Old Market.
The manager of the hotel booked a table for me at close by restaurant called Koulen. It has got huge hall, buffet set up and big stage with traditional dansing. The dinner cost 12 dollars plus drinks, but it was brilliant - well worth it.
I would recommend organising tuk tuk driver through the hotel for the trips to the Angkor. It should cost from 12 to 16 dollars per day depending what circle you are doing.
Angkor is amazing place!

Room Tip: If you prefer room with window request this at the point of booking.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel is located near the centre of Siem Reap, 3 min walking to Pub Street, Night Market, Old Market. The staff is very friendly and helpfull, you can ask for anything you need - tuk tuk, taxi to border, restaurant recomendation. Last year the hotel has a new young manager, Savon, who is really working hard to satisfy all guests. There is free breakfast plus tea, coffe, fruit, juice whenever you need. Rooms are large and clean with ac, fridge, flipflops and fresh water every day. Really one of the best spots on our trip. Dont think twice to book

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple