Tripadvisor
Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Beyond Unique Escapes
from $26.67
More Info
All reviews local family cooking class fish amok cambodian cooking recipe book tuk tuk responsible tourism small group water blessing village tour picked up from our hotel palm sugar boutique hotel tonle sap lake kompong khleang private tour floating village
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Let's start with saying; the temples of Angkor are just stunning. Sure, crowded with tourists during peak season, but that's to be expected. I was here in 2003 & have always wanted to return for the sunrise over Angkor Wat & wasn't disappointed. And Beyond Unique Escapes was a fantastic company to book through. Our guide (Arun) & driver (Mr Pin) were both informative, friendly, & very accommodating (we had them the previous day for a Kompong Khleang floating village tour, too). Besides the fact the temples of Angkor are a 'must-see' for everyone, I would highly recommend this tour company, we had no problems & both days with our guides were a lot of fun.

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

An afternoon and sunrise visit to the Temples near SiemReap.
Upon meeting Len and the next morning Li from the tour company, our visit was full of information and history of the years gone by. Both practicing Monks from early in their lives, both Len and Li were great in their knowledge of the temples and the rulers of that time.
They both interacted well with the 12 year old traveling with us and had him asking lots of questions
Would recommend them for sure

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Thankyou so much to both Lim and Lee for our 2 days of sightseeing at Siem Reap / Angkor Wat. You guys are terrific, my 12 yo son learnt so much and really enjoyed chatting with you. I think the lime ants were a hit!
I recommend this company to anyone wanting great knowledgeable guides, safe drivers and fast and efficient service!
See you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

This visit worths the whole trip to Cambodia. I spent one day in a village near siem reap, touching the real life (and real suffering) of some Cambodian people. I also realized that good projects can bring hope and a bright future for the next generations. I visited the school and the monastry, I cooked a khmer specialty with a Cambodian lady and I learned how to build Palm roof: it was a complete plonge into Cambodian culture and society. Thank you HUSK for your great job, and a special thank to my wonderful guide lay Kimthet

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 3, 2019

If you fancy an authentic way to experience cooking in a quality outside kitchen Cambodian food then look no further. The standard of teaching and food was excellent. Once cooked you get the opportunity to experience this culinary delight first hand. Following a 3 hour session, we then had the opportunity to meet a local family which is supported by this company. A bag of rice is handed to the family as a way of showing support. After meeting and talking with the family a Tuk Tuk is waiting to take you back to your hotel.

I would thoroughly recommend this trip its an amazing experience and you are presented with your own recipe book of other culinary dishes to prepare at home.

Thank you for a wonderful experience.