“Very trendy place”

Ranked #45 of 971 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Khmer Fine Dining Liberally and fantastically interpreting Khmer new modern dining experience. Where sounds and flavors of Cambodia will inspire your discerning palate. With our Chef's flair and passion plus the freshest ingredients you will discover authentic local recipes. The square 24 is available for lunch dinner and corporate events 7 days a week and can accommodate up to 100 guests. A brilliant bite in style just 5 minutes leisurely walk from the central market and pub street.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I absolutely loved the style of that place. Usually I do not like very trendy modern places, but I loved the decoration of the place. As an aperitif I had a non alcoholic fruit cocktail which was delicious. After that we had a set menu and we really enjoyed every dish we had. The staff was efficient and courteous.
The only slightly negative point is that there is no aircon or fans (as it is open) and it was just too warm. We both started sweating so much and actually had to cut the meal short because we could not take it anymore which was a shame as it was such a good meal and nice atmosphere.
So go there when it is not too warm :)

1  Thank Laurence26
Teng24, Manager at The Square 24, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent meal in our restaurant

I am pleased that you had enjoyed our food and service but sad to hear that it was too hot.
We are an open air concept restaurant with 30 ceiling /wall fans and cooling mist placed all around the dining room.
I will remind my team to turn on all of them when we open doors.

Your feedback is extremely valuable and help us to serve you better

We thank you again for your visit and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Your Sincerely,
Seng Horn

Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I had the most amazing dining experience whilst here in Siam Reap.We have travelled extensively throughout Asia and we believe this is one of the best restaurants we have been too.
While Khmer cuisine can be a little subtle in spice for our tastes, this restaurant has moved outside the traditional box and created some amazing dishes...10/10 from us....the decor is extremely tasteful and truly refreshing....treat yourself!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a restaurant of world standards. The decor and settings have to be seen to be believed. The restaurant is run by the manager William and his extremely capable staff. The food is absolutely the best I have eaten in Siem Reap and rivals many restaurants around the world. I loved it so much I recommended it to some people staying at my hotel. They came back the next day to me raving about it. Well done and I will be back - Jonathon

Reviewed July 7, 2014

we had lunch at the Square 24 just after landing in Siam Reap, and that was quite a surprise as the restaurant was very well decorated and the staff kindness far beyond expectations. We enjoyed the food as well as the quiet, elegant though relaxed atmosphere - woud definitely reccommend it.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have just returned from dinner at the Square 24. Having read the reviews I had high expectations, but was left feeling pretty disappointed by the end of the meal. The initial impressions were good; the restaurant looks great and has a nice ambiance. The first bad point was that they only served water in 50 cl bottles, which cost $1.50 each. I asked for a big bottle of still water but was told they didn't have any, which isn't really acceptable for any decent restaurant. The menu was fine and what we ordered tasted good, but we were charged extra for rice, which we hadn't been at a similarly priced establishment on a previous night. Puddings were a huge disappointment. I ordered a pineapple dish which looked nice on the menu, but when it arrived it was just small chunks of rather tasteless fruit in a bowl. It couldn't have been presented in a less appetising way, and tasted totally unremarkable, so I left it. My daughter had banana with coconut shavings, which looked equally unremarkable and tasted dull. The manager noticed I had left my pudding, and asked if I wanted anything else, but by this state we just wanted the bill. To their credit, they removed the pineapple dish from the bill, but it still came to $47 for three main courses, one pudding and two drinks, plus expensive water, which I thought was poor value for money, compared with our meal last night, which was superior in every way and cost less.
I would not return in a hurry.

2  Thank KB2010