“Fantastic room at a great price”

and 1 more site!
Tom & Jerry Guest House
Ranked #199 of 299 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed March 30, 2013

When I first saw my room it was so nice I thought they'd made a mistake! Perhaps the nicest place I've ever stayed, certainly the most spacious, and all but spotlessly clean. Free toiletries and daily housekeeping too. A short walk to the town centre on a relatively quiet street. Breakfast may be included depending on how much you've paid, ie which booking engine you used.
Small sniggly bits: Only one power point in my room, two if you unplug the cable flatscreen tv. The bathroom could have used better ventilation, but at least they have hot water. Wifi only works in the nifty lobby, but you can't complain at this price. I wish all hotels were this sweet, and cheap!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sandy c

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Me and my friend were happy to find we were the very first customers to step foot in this hostel. We had the entire place to our selves and all the staff to our service we lived like kings. It didn't take long for the hostel to get busy and get going before we knew it every room was full.

We got a nice cheap rate of $5 per night and ended up staying there for 8 months during our 12 month stay in Cambodia. Most of the staff were young, inexperienced and didn't speak very good English but for $5 per night we were not expecting The Hilton.

Although inexperienced the staff were very friendly, the rooms were clean and brand new with FLAT SCREEN TV!!

Room Tip: You can pay $3 extra for air conditioning or you can just lift the panel of the air con and push the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We walked in and asked for a room. It was 16.00 USD for two of us. The room was like a hotel room--nice and clean. The hostel is very close to Pub Street, 10 minute walk.

I knew a tuk tuk all day in Angkor should be, between 10-15 USD for the day. We didn't feel like asking a driver on a street because we couldn't ensure he would be there before sunrise, so we asked 'Sae,' the hostel manager to do it, and would 15 USD be okay. 'Sae' arranged it for us. We assumed we would pay the tuk tuk directly. We spent the morning at Angkor and then went to the Landmine museum which is actually pretty close to Angkor and I would recommend going, the tuk tuk driver said he would take us to the museum but on one condition that we didn't tell hostel we went anywhere else besides Angkor because he wasn't getting the 15USD!

We felt bad for the tuk tuk driver so we said we wouldn't and paid him an extra 10USD for driving us to the Landmine museum and various other places. Later, we paid the hostel the 15USD. That set up seemed very shady to us.

Later we wanted to book the boat to Phnom Penh via Tonle Sap river. I knew the tickets were 35 USD/person. However 'Sae,' said if we book through the hostel it's 2USD extra a person for transportation. I said we can cover our own transport let me just buy the boat ticket, he said he couldn't do that. I got angry, he couldn't explain any further. I ended up booking it through him anyhow and paying the extra. The next morning, we found out our transport to the boat was a luxury van and not a tuk tuk, well it would have saved me being angry if he could have just explained that. If it weren't for 'Sae' I would probably be giving this property more stars but he just seemed so shady.

Room Tip: Second floor was nice, glad to have bars on the window, felt safe.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Hostel is like a hotel. Staff is very nice and helpfull, 15min walking from center. Very clean and nice rooms. Poor but tasty breakfast. Neighboorhod isnt interested. It is nice place, very cheap! For this price we reccomend dfor everybody

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The room we stayed in was very good for the $10 we paid, the only thing was the wifi didn't work very well in the room, but it was clean. The location of the hotel is also not great. It's down a side street, which is more like an alley, which is fine in the day but quiet and dark at night. It is a 10 minute walk from the main town, however there are shops, bars and restaurants closer so may not be an issue depending on your preference.

The staff seem friendly at first but their main objective is to sell you trips and travel arrangements, which is fine but if you choose not to book through them then there attitude towards you changes very quickly!

I booked the Angkor Wat trip through them and was good, however I wanted to book a bus to Phnom Penh for the following morning and when I enquired about prices the guy at reception wasn't to sure so said ask later. As we were already booking at short notice, we didn't want to wait until the afternoon before booking so we booked via a travel agent.

In the morning we went to reception to wait for pick up and when checking out the guy said "you didn't book travel through us?" I explained and he seemed ok but when we went to order the breakfast, which is included in the room price, he completely refused to serve us and said "well you didn't help us out"! So we didn't get the breakfast and also wouldn't even serve us a water.

Without this incident I would have marked the stay a star higher and I'm sure if you book everything through the hotel it would be fine, however that is quite restricting and if this had happened at the start of our stay I'm sure the rest of the time would have been terrible.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We picked this hostel at random and stayed for 2 nights in a twin room with aircon.
Most comfortable bed I slept in for the whole of my stay in Cambodia! Clean rooms, fresh linen, friendly and helpful staff, good distance from town - short walk (few minutes) but in a nice, quiet location. Excellent value for money. Would definitely stay here again when I come back to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a new hostel that is same owner with Home Sweet Home Guesthouse. Four of us are very satisfied with the service and environment with this price. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. You can get Wifi, laundry, Tuktuk and tour guide booking, money exchange, tour suggestions and etc there. Mineral water there are selling at reasonable price which is 0.5 USD per 1.5 little as some of the place selling at 1 USD.

The room is very big (bigger than my expectation), 2 person a room with 2 queen size bed, TV, Air Conditional and water heater. The toilet is clean!!

We booked for our room in Phnom Penh and mini van to Phnom Penh with the help of the staff too. Toothbrush, comb, toilet paper and towels are provided.

Disadvantage is the road condition near the hotel which cannot control whereby most of the road condition in Cambodia is like that.... But this hotel is really worth and recommended for budget tour/backpackers!!

Room Tip: Limited Wifi access in higher floor. Always ask for discounts.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends