3,420 results
All reviewspersonal driverdamnak loungeborei angkorroyal suitehour driversunset suitelandmark packagecocktail hourfourth floorprivate driverfree laundryall day breakfastbottle of champagnemobile phonefree mini bartour guidespecial thanks
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We were staying here as part of our 25th anniversary trip. All staff went out of their way to be pleasant, helpful and polite. The hotel and pool are fantastic, you can't put our experience staying there into words really and I actually became a bit emotional on the last night. Thanks to Judy, victor, Alec and all the team, rah our driver and of course sokmen who we enjoyed laughing and chatting with in the bar in the evenings. I could go on and on but will just say this was the best hotel I have ever stayed at and we have been to a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels on our travels. We will miss all the team at the privilege floor and sincerely hope to return in the future. Angela and Alan, Newcastle upon Tyne, England.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lremyzero
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We booked here mainly because we were curious about the concept of this hotel - 4th floor of the Borei Angkor Resort, personal concierge/butler, personal driver. It really was a different experience, but a good kind of different. We actually split our stay in Siem Reap between The Privilege Floor and the Park Hyatt because we like trying out different accommodations. I have to say The Privilege Floor did not feel as luxurious as the Park Hyatt and the location is not as convenient. Because you still have to walk through the large Borei Angkor resort, you will see the tour group crowd and you will share the pool and spa with the Resort. Also we found the room facilities a little old. Example, the electrical outlets were finicky. I could only charge by computer if I propped up my AC adapter with a box!. We found the bed a bit uncomfortable. We could feel the spring poking our backs and no fluffy down comforter here.

Like others mention, you really cannot beat the friendly service and amenities at the Privilege Floor. Therefore I want to give a shout out to Mr. Victor our personal butler. He helped us book all of our dinner reservations during our entire trip in Siem Reap even though we were only at the Privilege Floor for 2 nights. We learned it can be difficult to book at the popular restaurants (like Haven or Cusine Dat) even 3-4 days in advance. Victor recommended and booked us some really great alternatives and we are so grateful! Also pleasantly surprised by this concept of giving guests mobile phones to reach their concierge 24 hours a day. Though we didn't need to call him in the middle of the night, the comfort of knowing we could was nice. Interestingly, I only wished I had more dirty clothes so I could take advantage of the free laundry service. Every hotel should do this! There are some minor areas for improvement at The Privilege Floor, but all in all you'll be happy staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank phaaatlouie
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This review is probably the most important review I have ever written on trip advisor. I hope it helps to prevent a new strategy by hotels to advertise their suites as a separate hotel.

To the facts:

I booked the Privilege Floor Hotel after I saw it rated no.2 on Tripadvisor and after I have read some of the reviews. I booked the all-in Royal Suite package. After arriving at the airport I was picked up by a slightly outdated van. When we arrived at the hotel premises (which are in a terrible neighborhood by the way) I was looking for The Privilege Floor hotel and i found out pretty fast that a hotel by that name does not exist at all. It is just the 3rd floor of the Borei Angkor Resort and which is a tour bus hotel. I was so upset that even though the Suites are super big (maybe too big and Cambodian Style quality - dont expect 5 star!!) the fact that I ended up in a average 4 star hotel annoyed me a lot. If you still book this hotel make sure your room does not face the outside of the hotel because the dogs bark all night.
The pool area is 3-4 star and the hotel guests are tour groups and you never get a 5 Star feeling when you are in this hotel !

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and did not want to change the hotel because I stayed there with my sister and my mother and did not want them to feel bad by me complaining all day. So I waited until the last night and then talked to the Manager of the hotel . I complained and he tried to justify the strategy of the hotel. I told him that it is not possible for guests and clients of tripadvisor to find out in which hotel they really stay and that it would be a desaster if every hotel would advertise their suites as a separate hotel. I paid more than 2000 USD for the Suite whereas the normal Agoda rate for a double in the hotel is about 100 $ . The difference (Food , 24 hour driver and temple passes and SPA usage) is never worth it ! But even if you like the deal you never get 5 star but a tour bus hotel that most 5 star guests try to avoid.

After my complaint the Management was clearly nervous and gave me a 30 % discount. In the morning I checked out and told the management to charge me the full amount of 2000 USD and I would then give the remaining cash as tip to the employees. The staff is great and I really wanted to make clear that I was not after the 30 % discount but I idealistically wanted to prevent future guests from making the same mistake ! At the end they could not give me the 30 % discount in cash (billing department issues they said)and I decided to spend my remaining cash of 120 USD in tips and I walked from floor to floor and gave to each cleaning lady 10 USD each.

I must say the personel in the hotel is outstanding and super friendly ... they really deserve the money.

So if you want 5 star dont stay here !!!. If you are a bus tour guest and you pay 100 USD a night for a double please do it. The food is good and the hotel is ok 3-4 star. But a hotel with the name PRIVILEGE FLOOR does not exist.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
23  Thank amadeu1
Hang S, General Manager at The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing the Privilege Floor as the place of your choice during your visit to Siem Reap.

However, it is with regret to learn that you have found our facilities not up to your standards and I do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I have made a special note of the points mentioned, and allow me to share that the Privilege Floor sits on top floor of a five-star property of Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, is specially designed to offer intimate travelers an experience of unparalleled privacy and comfort.

The Royal Suite comes with all-inclusive package which includes a car for 24 hours with the driver, guided tour, meal within the property, temple pass, and selections of cocktails in the afternoon plus two luxurious bed rooms and a living room.

Our resident host whom assigned to look after you and your family members during the stay has extended his best assistance and received no feedback on your first day of the arrival. Upon learning from your comments and in order to recover from the shortfall, our Director of Resident who is in charge of the property has met up with you and extended his personal apology over the inconvenience caused and offered you the discount.

It is our aim to deliver the ultimate privilege experience to all our residents, yet we are very sorry that we have failed your expectation.

Sokvanna HANG
The Management
The Privilege Floor

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My fiancé and I went to visit Angkor Wat and discovered a gem in Siem Reap. We had an amazing room fit to hold a wedding party in the Royal Suite, and everything was included during our stay. All food, drinks, 24/7 driver, a spa treatment a day, guides and lots of smiles were all included in a great price. Judy was wonderful, Boreng was a great driver, and Pichet a great guide. I'm tempted to return even though I've already experienced the wonders of Angkor Wat. The Privileged Floor is truly a privilege!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ed C
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just stayed for 3 nights. Assigned a personal butler Anna n driver Sitair. Anna took care of all arrangements making the holiday an excellent one. Access to all morning breakfast n cocktails at the lounge where waiter Say remembers all our names.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family