3,420 results
All reviewspersonal driverdamnak loungeborei angkorroyal suitehour driversunset suitelandmark packagecocktail hourfourth floorprivate driverfree laundryall day breakfastbottle of champagnemobile phonefree mini bartour guidespecial thanks
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My fiancé and I went to visit Angkor Wat and discovered a gem in Siem Reap. We had an amazing room fit to hold a wedding party in the Royal Suite, and everything was included during our stay. All food, drinks, 24/7 driver, a spa treatment a day, guides and lots of smiles were all included in a great price. Judy was wonderful, Boreng was a great driver, and Pichet a great guide. I'm tempted to return even though I've already experienced the wonders of Angkor Wat. The Privileged Floor is truly a privilege!

3  Thank Ed C
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just stayed for 3 nights. Assigned a personal butler Anna n driver Sitair. Anna took care of all arrangements making the holiday an excellent one. Access to all morning breakfast n cocktails at the lounge where waiter Say remembers all our names.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CTCHAN
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I can honestly say that I have never experienced such great service! Every single member of staff we met was welcoming and treated us extremely well. While the rooms, food and the property itself were really good, the friendly nature of the staff ensured that our short stay exceeded our expectations. We really appreciated the benefits included with the room and the way that the staff structured our stay so faultlessly. I wouldn't hesitate to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kawaiitraveller
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were very happy with our choice of The Privilege Floor at Borei Angkor resort. Even after reading all the positive Trip Advisor reviews, you wonder exactly what to expect, especially in a country where you have never traveled before. For example, would the guide speak good English? would the car be air conditioned? would we be happy with the quality of the temple tours? The answer to those questions is yes. We were very satisfied with the touring arrangements, on the whole. In addition, the hotel was an oasis from the bustling town of Siem Reap. The pool and spa were especially attractive. Our room on the Privilege Floor was spacious with a west-facing balcony. I will say, however, that it was much too hot to use the balcony in the afternoon, so the point of the Sunset room was somewhat lost! Temps were in the 90s during our stay in late February. Fortunately air-con worked well throughout the hotel. I want to extend special thanks to the staff members who welcomed us so graciously, including Victor who met us at the airport with jasmine garlands, Jacky who was often at the reception desk on the floor and Alex, who was not our butler but always greeted us with genuine warmth. In the dining room and lounge I always enjoyed seeing Chenda, the dining room manager, who was very professional and kept things running smoothlly. Thanks also to Mr. Say in the dining room (good luck with your upcoming wedding!) and a charming young lady we saw each day at breakfast, whose name began with C. And like everyone we enjoyed our chats with the bartender, Soukman, who made a "perfect Manhattan" for me several times (note that it was possible to order something aside from the drinks menu of more tropical drinks). Having breakfast and happy hour included in our Privilege Floor package was a definite plus. Which reminds me, I wanted to mention one of my favorite Privilege Floor services: free one day laundry service! When you are visiting temples daily you go through a lot of clothing and it was such a pleasure to have the laundry cart roll up to our door at 5 or 6 each night with freshly washed and pressed t-shorts, shorts, etc. Finally, I wanted to thank our driver Ty, and guide, Mr. Navvy. Ty was the soul of patience as he waited for us at each location, strategically moving the car to minimize our need to walk even further after hot hours of sight-seeing. He always had cold bottled water and towels for us in a cooler, and he kept the car very clean. He was also our driver if we went out in the evening. I recommend Mr, Navvy as a guide if you want detailed analysis of the temple bas reliefs, as well as the history of Cambodia generally. He grew up among the temples of Siem Reap and was a teenager during the years of the Khymer Rouge. As a touring tip, I would avoid the excursion to Lake Tonle Sap, the so called floating village. It was a long dirty ride out there, and the quality of the boat and facilities did not match up to the rest of our experiences.

Room Tip: Siem Reap is not a pretty town, so if you want to see something aesthetic out of your window, ask for a pool view. On the other hand, our town view also faced the sunset. We heard an occasional dog barking, but were not as bothered by that as some reviewers (we were in room 403).
2  Thank DianeMR
Reviewed March 2, 2014

From the time my wife and I arrived at the airport to the time we departed, we enjoyed the exceptional service and friendliness of the Privilege Floor staff. Mr. Alex took very good care of us and made us feel very special. Having a car and driver on standby throughout our stay makes the package truly value for money, and Mr. Muy, our driver, was very efficient aside from being very nice and patient. We were lucky to have Mr. Pichet as our exclusive tour guide; amazed with his encyclopaedic knowledge of the temples we visited, their history, and even the best spots to take pictures from. Kudos to Mr. Chenda and the rest of the staff at Damnak Lounge who always treated us with utmost friendliness and anticipated our needs and preferences. Won't forget the complimentary exclusive cooking lessons that Mr. Alex arranged for us with Chef Bhutong sharing his expertise in Khmer cooking. We will always remember with fondness our five-day Valentine weekend at Siem Reap : interesting sites that included Angkor Wat - one of the must-sees in our bucket list , friendly people, safe atmosphere... all those while staying in one of the best hotels we've stayed in during our many years of travel in terms of service, hospitality, perks and value for money! The Privilege Floor is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the swimming pool.
1  Thank Joel B